collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 129 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12978
  • stats Total Posts: 130227
  • stats Total Topics: 18220
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Themal City High banking 5 - 2- 2012  (Read 1476 times)

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
Themal City High banking 5 - 2- 2012
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
I have family coming to town this weekend, and lots of work next week, so my only chance to get out was this past Wednesday. I decided to go up to Thermal City and just use their highbanker. 

It took me about 2 1/2 hours to high bank the scoop of mine dirt they brought, mostly cause i was checking out many of the rocks looking for specimens and neat stones, and I did get some interesting ones.

5-2-2012 Thermal City Highbanking
      - YouTube

Also after I worked the pile, I panned at their flume for about 3 hours, but my luck just wasn't so hot that day, and didn't find much (that gold is not included in my cleanup pics). However, another guy who was there panning with me, showed me some nice chunky gold he had panned from there earlier in the day.

Anyway later on in the video, each pan I do is one to two scoops of the concentrates that were caught in the high banker. Found some neat rocks as well as the gold. I think the purple clear gemstone is fluorite ( its hardness is less then 5), and some pyroxene, epidote and vein quartz specimen stones.

Great trip had a blast, and I recommend the place to anyone!