collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 182 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12991
  • stats Total Posts: 130634
  • stats Total Topics: 18282
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Thermal City Panning Today 4 - 27 - 2012  (Read 1760 times)

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
Thermal City Panning Today 4 - 27 - 2012
« on: April 27, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »
Well I got up this morning and found out I wasn't gonna have to work cause the rain. So I headed up to Thermal City instead for a change of scenery from my usual spots.

I ended up doing better then I thought I would. Panned at the Flume for about 3 1/2 hours. Had a weird thing happen there, Lloyd brought up a new pile of dirt and it was loaded with either gasoline or diesel fuel. First pan about made me gag with all the fumes, but it was flat loaded with gold, and nice stuff too. It was so much oil in the water it was trying to float even the chunky stuff. Crystal Jim came by and added some detergent to the flumes cause everyone there was complaining about the oil, then Lloyd came and picked up the oily dirt, and brought a new load.

My back was sore by that time though ( no telling now many pans I did but me and another guy worked at least 1/2 that pile in that time frame). And then to make matters worse I was getting (super) hungry so I decided to call it a day and go get lunch then head back to the house.

It was a nice haul for 3 1/2 hours.  Here's my cleanup, then I use the loupe and you can see how coarse the stuff is.  I might even go back tomorrow or this weekend, I know I didn't get it all and the guy next to me was doing pretty good too.  Plus the hunters are out blasting up the woods so even more reason to go back.

NC Thermal City Panning Gold 4 - 27- 2012.wmv
      - YouTube