collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 232 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12990
  • stats Total Posts: 130581
  • stats Total Topics: 18275
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Just Bought 80's Garrett ADS deepseeker  (Read 5354 times)

Blindeyes

Just Bought 80's Garrett ADS deepseeker
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
 I was just wondering if thisGarrett ADS deepseeker unit is good for finding gold. It does come with 3 heads. A large round head a smaller round head and a small round head with an oval shaped hollow just off center. I believe the last one is for gold but not sure did't come with a manual. It also has the pin point wand attachment. Any help is appreciated thanks Dave. If it is no good for finding gold wife will probably kill me.

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
Re: Just Bought 80's Garrett ADS deepseeker
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:25:11 AM »
Pretty well most detectors can be used for gold detecting - just some are better than others. Certainly nugget shooting is in range of your unit. Ground minerals etc will interfere with it more than a machine designed for dealing with those conditions but many nuggets were found with those units. Like buying a new gun though it has to be taken to a place where there is something to hunt maching the capability of the machine.
Recognizing that it may not see as deep as more modern gold seekers and is a more jack of all trades detector you should do some bench testing with it to get a feel for the sizes of gold it can detect and how deep (at least in air) each of the coils can detect and what sizes of gold each sees and how deep. Soil conditions will shorten that distance usually but at least you have a start point.
Don't forget that the machine you have can be used for alot of other fun detecting too. You don't have to wait till you go after gold to have a ball with it.
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Blindeyes

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 08:40:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply. It will be for gold finding only on mew places I haven't been panning on yet. I bought it because from what I read a lot of people wished they still had these old units so I bought it.Oh well I will have to figure this contraption out and take it for a spin.

Offline vikingdn

• Province/State: Kamloops BC
  • Kudos: 1
  • HH everyone
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »
Hey blindeyes those old deep seekers are great machines and cheaper than the new ones. I have been a member of another forum dedicated to MD'ing, the guys from there have been doing it all their lives, they will b able to help some of them might even have a manual.
Dont know if im aloud to post link, so i wont <-thinking->
Certified nice Canadian

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »
Garrett has their manuals online for many units. You should find it here:

Garrett Hobby Owner's Manuals
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Blindeyes

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:34:45 AM »
Yeah thanks guy's downloaded manual. I have to tinker with this beast for awhile  <-thinking->. I didn't realize they still made to much stuff run on 9V. batteries let alone 6 of them LOL.