collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

oilfieldsafetysunshine

Dot Guests: 234 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130388
  • stats Total Topics: 18245
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Looking for Alberta Gold  (Read 43368 times)

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Thorsby Alberta
  • Kudos: 7
  • Just me
Re: Looking for Alberta Gold
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
LMAO  Not worried about the camp fire   Was thinking more along the lines of one of us falling in the river and all the gold in our pockets Dragging us to Davy Jones's locker I can get a dive team in really quick to save the gold   LMAO

Dave
Cold Wet and Tired aint Prospecting Fun??

Offline lsfog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Hinton, Ab
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »
If we are ever so fortunate to have pockets that heavy then why would we not just walk the bottom to shore, no need to trouble a diver person except for maybe if those heavy pockets developed holes....
I had full intensions to test run the new trommel and sluice mods done over the winter until I looked out side this morning. The darn snow has not stopped all day. AND the forcast says that Wednesday [my first day back to work] will be the next decient day.....
Of well welcome to spring time in Alberta....
Ken

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 07:34:06 AM »
There's a foot of snow on the ground here in lethbridge.I think im going sledding today instead of panning.Bought parts for my car and of course it snows.No garage, but have some more sluice making material and a work shop in the basment.Found a alternative miners moss at the dollar store.Front entrance mat, will get some pic's later.Wish I had some gravel with gold in it ,to try this stuff out!!

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 04:22:55 PM »
LOL  Im up to my naughty bits in snow here too but on the bright side I have a wood stove in the garage and a fridge full of beer ...  my first weekend off in 2 months  between FireFighter Training and Family weddings I get some time to my self and OMG a Snow storm  Oh well getting some nice work done on a special Oak Highbanker (Just started a new job as a cabinet maker) for a buddy of mine .. and gives me a chance to make my world famous Fish chowder Im drooling on the keyboard just smelling it simmer on the stove LOL  Have no fear guys  this white poo will melt and well get digging soon enuff  LOL 

Dave

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »
LOL  just a note to all you Alberta Mud shovelers  the Ice is gone and the water is flowing  The gold is waiting and the winter has been long   Looking forward to seeing most of you soon and sitting around a nice campfire with any of you good ppl...

Dave and Family

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 07:02:12 AM »
Been out a few times.Mostly testing.Got a great system down pack for testing.Found aa spot.Now I have to sherpa pack in my spiral-pan and battery.I still have to make a trommel,all this hand-sieving is killler.If one pan= 13 flakes,176x10=one yard.1760 flakes x 5=8880 would that amount to any weight.I been collecting what I can,I might be able to melt it into a pin head  {-applause-}.I do have at least a pound of black sand and at least a pound of garnet's.Do not know what to do with them, but might make a cool hour glass.

Offline goldhunta

• Province/State: Calgary Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »
sorry forgot to reply my finding's got really busy, although it was a long time ago i am back in gold fever mode  DEVIL&??  i only found 1 small flake but i was lacking strongly on knowledge and supplies and stayed close to the devon bridge, i have been out a few times more and i find out the more you go and the more you know about where gold sits, you get quite a bit more  :)    since the spring has started  i have enough money to make quite a few trips so i will be out there alot this summer, maybe even see some of you there   <-wave->

Offline bedrocksupply

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »
Tom Bryant wrote a book on finding gold in Alberta - it's called "The Modern Goldseekers Manual".  It is available at Bedrock Supply in Edmonton (9435-63 AVenue   780-434-2040)  The new printing includes a chapter on diamonds as well.  Good luck!

Offline goilers

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Edmonton, Alberta
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
Hello All.  New user looking to get more info on the subject. I have been out a few times around edmonton and found black sand and small flakes. Lots of effort with little reward so far but extremely fun!  Looking to perhaps hook up with other prospectors in the area if you require a shoveler or equipment mover in exchange for some knowledge, laughs, and perhaps a beer or 2.  Cory.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat