collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

-PeterPan-

Dot Guests: 194 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124034
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Looking for Alberta Gold  (Read 37872 times)

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Thorsby Alberta
  • Kudos: 7
  • Just me
Looking for Alberta Gold
« on: April 15, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »
Hiyas guys  Im a cronic Hobby Starter LOL  and go figgure I have gotten the gold bug ..Im a man of many trades  Welder/Machinist/Tin Smith/Pipefitter so  building my own equipment is a snap now I just need to find out where all the gold is hidden in Alberta I live here in Thorsby about  70k southwest of Edmonton and have been panning in the Nrth Sask River by Devon getting some good colour but "I WANT MORE"   lol any one having any luck anywhere else in the area..

Cold Wet and Tired aint Prospecting Fun??

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 23
    • CGPF
Re: Looking for Alberta Gold
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 07:25:58 PM »
I've never done any prospecting in Alberta myself, but based on the following "Survey"...

The Occurrence of Gold in Alberta Rivers

This survey was conducted by sieving and panning several cubic feet of gravel from the top foot or so of bars and similar places in the beds of most of the major rivers in Alberta. The places sampled were systematically, but fairly widely distributed (20 miles or more) along the rivers. The results showed that all the gold passed a 35 mesh screen and may be described as 'flour gold'. The highest concentrations were found along the North Saskatchewan River in the stretch from Devon (about 25 miles upstream from Edmonton) to near a point due North of Myrnam (about 150 miles downstream from Edmonton).

It sounds like you in a fairly good area, for fine stuff.

Have you considered a sluice?

Or B.C? ;)

Shiver

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »
LOL  well  Ive built a home Sluce table and just recieved my Gold miner wheel from the states LOL  In the process of building the rest of the machine and Im thinking of making a fine gold river sluce I just happen to have a bunch of Aluminum Checker plate so should look good when finished... I am finding lots of colour  but like you say its all flour was gona try going up stream to see if it gets bigger from devon Never know.. May try up around Drayton Vally ...

Offline goldhunta

• Province/State: Calgary Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:34:35 PM »
hey im new at this and lookin for a good spot to start im from alberta too im just wondering is http://xrl.us/wc5o   that blue line the river you are talking about? thanks for any help

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC Canada
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »
hey im new at this and lookin for a good spot to start im from alberta too im just wondering is http://xrl.us/wc5o   that blue line the river you are talking about? thanks for any help

Thats it goldhunta, Just be respectful of hunting on someone else's claim and happy hunting :) :)

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 06:53:31 PM »
Yuppers  hunta  just go to Devon and go a bit upstream of the bridge its all gravel down there and lots of Rec Panners down there  Hope you dont mind answering questions tho  Lots of ppl go down there on nice days to run up and down in there quads and 4x4's I have a spot about 15 K's upstream  nice treed Island in the middle of the river and the nose of the island is a huge gravel bar  may go out the long weekend set up a campsite  and the sluice and dig me sum holes LOL  heres a pic of the island..

Offline goldhunta

• Province/State: Calgary Alberta
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 05:26:13 PM »
thanks for the info im heading up there tomorrow to try my luck  8)  not expecting to find alot but would be nice to find something

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 23
    • CGPF
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »
Good luck goldhunta, looking forward to hearing your results {cool^sign}

Offline mikeprospecting

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Charlottetown PEI
  • 150 years late
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 08:11:54 AM »
Hi

Just got back to victoria after working the oil patch, I was working out of innisfail and played allot on the red deer river. I found lots of flour gold and there's a few good bars down river of red deer itself.

I wouldn't plan on getting rich but its a great place to calibrate and test your equipment. When your ready, I would drive the 7hrs to Revelstoke and head north on highway 27. You'll find gold bearing creeks and rivers along the highway to Mica Dam.

Do your research, much of the ground is staked.

Good luck
Mike

Offline SnowSpider

• Loving the life
  • PPT Invited
  • Just me
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »
Well I got a buddy that has a few Claims up around 150 mile house in BC   LOL  If I go over the rock I may as well go somewhere I can see the gold in the sluice without my Reading glasses on  LOL   The Highbanker work wonderful on its maiden voyage and after 5 pails and a cleaning  Im getting lots of colour  and thats just down in Devon ...10 min away from my house  LOL

SnowSpider