collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

beav

Dot Guests: 119 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129928
  • stats Total Topics: 18173
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: 9 feet to Bedrock  (Read 2879 times)

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
9 feet to Bedrock
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »

9 Feet to Bedrock
      - YouTube

I stopped by a friends place this past weekend and him and some buddies had setup a small wash plant on a large bench deposit he had found. They had dug down 9 feet to get to the bedrock. I did some sample panning of the many layers, trying to help them find where the best gold was hiding. I could have gotten the best gold just working the contact zone between the boulders and the saprolite bedrock, but I wanted to test all the layers to make sure that's where the best gold was at. Gold at the end is out of one scoop of my cons from that sample panning. I still have to pan out about 3 more gallons of cons. I dont know how much gold they got from cleaning up the big sluice exactly, but it was a whole lot more then my panning take. I know they had some 5+ gram cleanups in the past. I also tested their tailings (they also had tested them) and found nothing.

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
Re: 9 feet to Bedrock
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:47:08 AM »
Good, Astro. What matting in the sluice? 5+ ounce clean-up - 1 day? WOOHOO! <_miner_>
Work smart..and hard

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:15:54 AM »
Its was the backed miners moss under there I believe. They also had deep v groove matting right under the grizzly and I did some see some chunks sitting in it when they cut the water flow. However I didn't pay much attention to their cleanup at first, cause I was like a kid in a candy store sampling all those gravel layers. Only later when it got too dark to pan anymore did I head to their cleanup area and see how they did. Also, it was only grams not ounces. Theres some hardpack on the other side that looks really rich but we didnt get into it that day. Maybe next week! Also it was only about 2-3 hours run time before cleanup.   

Offline drycrick

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:44 PM »
9' to bedrock is not to bad depending on how much over burden you have.

The worst I have done was 12' of over burden, but the pay out was good.  We had to rent bigger equipment just to work it.

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
nice in Alberta here its a hundred feet or so, enjoy your dig Ray