collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

suburbanator

Dot Guests: 223 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130387
  • stats Total Topics: 18244
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: cheap miners moss  (Read 31080 times)

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
Re: cheap miners moss
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »
in my profile you will see my moss and some gold  m ygrain

Offline jckhmr

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »

How about this stuff? - Poly-fiber media used in pond filter systems and washable air filter material:  Poly-Flo, Matala Media, and EasyPro replacemant filter material.  Anyone ever use this stuff as a substitute for Miner's Moss?

PolyFlo Filter Mateial Bulk
Bulk Filter Media, Matala, Poly Flo, Pond USA .com, Pond, Fountain & Water Garden Supplies
Stoney Creek Equipment Inc

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 10:54:11 PM »
the product i use has a backing that i have found a miracle solution and the vortex in the moss creates a swirl motion that pulls the cons and hopefully the gold in.This product by far beats minors moss and is a lot cheaper,plus flip over and cleans easy
I have used this product without riffles and works .I allso velcroe it in at the head of my letrap and it allways catches all . thx Paul

Offline Wyli-E

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »
in my profile you will see my moss and some gold  m ygrain

Can ya move the gold over abit pls. It's covering the manufacturers label and I can't read it. Tks
You can't out-think those that don't think!

Offline goldnoob

• http://www.youtube.com/user/cewenson
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »
Found this the other day looking for a few cheap garden shovels it's a semi circle shape 24" wide at the top.  The biggest piece i can get out of it is about 5"x20". It's got the rubber backing and there was a light blue as well but out of stock. Picked it up as I am planning to build a mini sluice.

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 24
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 08:46:16 AM »
I use the 3m kind its very pricey and worth it get what you pay for simple. My matting alone is 500 bucks 1 time investment

Offline Weary1

• Province/State: Iowa
  • Kudos: 6
    • Gold Hog
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 05:38:56 AM »
With everybody saying how expensive miners moss is, have any of you looked into buying the stuff straight from the manufacture? To cut the cost of the middle man,,. Miners moss or Nomad 8100 unbacked matting made by 3M. Is now made by Matsinc this was the answer directly from 3M via my inquiry. There term for miners http://matsinc.com/3m-nomad-unbacked-scraper-8100.html ,http://matsinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=1500&dir=asc&order=name or just type in 1500 in the search window on their site. I'm still waiting on a price quote.
Hot is awesome anything else is just bland.
Retired USAF
Retired Federal Technician
Hog Mat is where its at
Why aren't you using it.
GOOGLE YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO STEAL ANY OF MY PHOTOS!!!

Offline Geo2

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: KH- Sudan
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 02:11:44 PM »
As I didn't find miners moss in my country -after extensive search in many places that's supposed to carry them- I found this substitute matting : Chinese made PVC coil mat. And to my surprise it ain't cheap   :o ; but I have to use  it anyways. This is for my new sluice box that under construction.

Anyone have experience in using these PVC coil mats.

Photo-0311.jpg

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline FosterVS

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:21 AM »
Found this the other day looking for a few cheap garden shovels it's a semi circle shape 24" wide at the top.  The biggest piece i can get out of it is about 5"x20". It's got the rubber backing and there was a light blue as well but out of stock. Picked it up as I am planning to build a mini sluice.

I bought and tried some of that, it is totally useless. I threw it away and bought some real Miners Moss off eBay.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat