collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

liquidsteel

Dot Guests: 159 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12879
  • stats Total Posts: 128702
  • stats Total Topics: 18024
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Make Your own 3" Hydro Force Nozzle!  (Read 8373 times)

Offline laxjustin21

• Kudos: 0
Make Your own 3" Hydro Force Nozzle!
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
Hey everyone just wanted to show a quick shot of my still drying nozzle I built out of PVC. It is 3" nozzle, with 1" pvc using on the pressure end. What do you guys think I should use for the size of pressure hose, I was thinking 1 1/4"?  Still have yet to try it out, but I expect it to work out okay. I will post more pics of it when I paint it, so it looks a little better. lol.

-Justin

Offline overtheedge

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 36
Re: Make Your own 3" Hydro Force Nozzle!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
I'm assuming blue RTV?

Looks good. Let us know how it works for you. Just hope your PVC valve isn't as sticky as the ones I have on my HBers.

I couldn't  justify buying a manufactured version, so I just put a wye in the HP line and ran a garden hose and squeeze nozzle for washing the dry hole wet enough to dredge. Let loose the nozzle and it shuts off with full pressure and volume now going to the suction nozzle. Not real elegant, but ...
eric

Offline laxjustin21

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
Yeah the valve is stiffer to operate more so than the lever type. Pictured it is in the open position, what i like is that it makes a pretty good handle when in the off position. As soon as I test her out I will let you know what i think. your idea wasn't bad either though.

Offline JuanTwo

• New user
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
Hi Justin,
I have a question.
In my past I have used jet pumps for home well use that use the same technology.... I THINK.
The pressure nozzle enters 1 inch and the nozzle tapers down to 1/2 inch then goes up a 1 1/4" pipe to the surface.
I don't know if the commercial version of the Hydro Force Nozzle reduces their nozzle size inside the 3" pipe.
Did you? Or do you use straight 1 inch entering the 3" pipe?

Also I was just trying to decide which I should buy the 2 1/2" or 3" version of the Hydro Force Nozzle.

The 2 1/2" advertisement says you can use a trash pump
The 3" said it needed 8,000 GPH
My trash pump is a 3 HP Homelite trash pump that makes 140 GPM times 60 minutes = 8400 GPH.
Thats a lot of water! I'm thinking I'll need to be near a river because I've been in a lot of small streams that won't support that kind of volume.
My sluice is 14"x52" and new to me. I haven't determined yet the minimum amount of water needed to run the sluice.
I think I'll wait on buying the 2 1/2" or 3" version of the Hydro Force and make my own. Very nice work on your part! Please report back soon on your testing.
Regards,
John

Gear Pan
Gold Rat