collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbain

Dot Guests: 183 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130390
  • stats Total Topics: 18245
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Need help getting well  (Read 7930 times)

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
Re: Need help getting well
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »
 <-wave-> dave just sitting here thinking. get one of those multifingered pick um up thingies they sell at wally world so you dont have to bend over to pick things up off the floor. make it a little longer talk the wife into running the camera and start collecting goodies.   jerry

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: McAllister, Montana
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
Given the shallow depth that just might work Jerry!  <-good_>

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
LOL funny how the ol brain cells work. Today I was in a lineup and glanced over at this contraption for picking up dog poop. It is built exactly like a clamshell excavator bucket. Two opposing digger buckets that close when they are lifted. These would not have the down weight you would need but do lend themselves to consideration as a simple way to dig shallow goodies. Anyway as I stood there all I could think was  "man I wonder if THAT would work??"
Is this forum a great place or what!?
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: McAllister, Montana
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 06:28:35 AM »
You're right Tom!  I never expected to get this many thoughts on how to clean out the well!  {cool^sign}  The more I learn about the well, the more possibilities for cleaning it out!  I have used several of those jaw scoopers and I wouldn't recommend the plastic ones for digging because They have a weak point in the jaw lever that will snap if it gets any side loading (guess you could say they get pooped out  ;D ).  I had a really good metal jaw scooper and the spring attachment sheared off.  It got tossed out before I realized I couldn't find another metal one, but I think if I can locate one, that might be an idea if I can find a way to reach the bottom with it.