collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Backroad

Dot Guests: 139 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130238
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Need help getting well  (Read 7857 times)

Offline mtau

• Province/State: Helena Montana
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Need help getting well
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
You're probably going to run into 2-3ft of muck in the bottom of the well, that you'll have to clean out before you get to the "goodies" ( maybe Plummer's gold?)  <-yahoo_>

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
 <-wave-> mornin mtau. that is where the 3" diaghram pump would come in. neck the intake down to 2" and the pump could pass whatever it picked up and you would not have to pump much water out of the well. be sure to check through what is pumped out. btw where are you in montana. i was born there many moons ago?  take care.    jerry

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: McAllister, Montana
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »
Hey Jerry...That camera is a great idea!  Look before I leap!!  {cool^sign}  Sorry, no fish in this one.  <-NO_> We can leave the Dupont at home.  Say now mtau, that's pretty observant of you (Plummer).  Now can you figure where the well is too?  [&whistle#]

Offline mtau

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
Morning Jerry: I'm located just north of Helena. Dave: Don't know where the well is located, but I'ld guess somewhere around Virginia City.

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 10:12:47 AM »
That's a fair assumption mtau, but won't win any cigars on this one.  <-NO_> Right part of the country though.  Need to dig into the history a bit more, of course "around Virginia City" could cover a pretty large area.   Anyway, north of Helena?  Like Lincoln?  Just wondering I've got claims and a small home up there.  We'll have to get together sometime.  I have family in both Helena and Lincoln (no relation to unibomber). though I'm starting to wonder about Jerry with his Dupont lures, hiding out in Alaska and all... <-thinking->

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:39 AM »
 <-wave-> mtau. i was born in glasgow and raised on a large cattle ranch on the milk river outside of hinsdale. dave those are toms lures not mine. <-sealed_>  jerry

Offline mtau

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
Dave: I'm in the north Helena valley, use to do a lot of "partying" in Lincoln years ago, even worked on rebuilding the highway on Rodger's Pass. Yes I'ld like to get together sometime. I've got some placer ground by Radersburg, maybe we could meet up there. Jerry: I don't blame you for leaving the High Line area, to much wind for me too.

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
Ha!  Now com' on Jerry...I've lived in Montana for over 40 years and if you were raised here, you've fished some pretty heavy duty lures too!   <-laugh->  Just kidding..sort of..
mtau, I'll send you a pm with some contact info.  Sounds like fun!  I've done a little detector hunting on the GPAA claim at Radarsburg, but didn't find much of anything, though I have friends that did.

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 06:44:33 AM »
Say Jerry!  I bought one of those Fish Eye rods you posted about last week.  It came yesterday and I put some batteries in it and lowered the lens down into the old well.  The well it turns out is only about 8' deep. maybe five or six feet of water.  I didn't have all new batteries, so the video screen didn't light up as it should and I was only getting a partial picture (now know what happens when the batteries run low).  Anyway, it was a fairly clear view, many bones on the bottom...looked like maybe a deer, but didn't have the top off the well, so couldn't investigate it very well. When I put the light on I got shinny reflections back, which may be coins.  I couldn't tell with only the limited view.  I put new batteries in when I got home and the video screen was quite clear and worked fine.  I'll try it again when I take the top of the well and can move the video around better.  The only downside is that it doesn't record.  Just thought you might want to know.  And a big "Thanks!" for telling me about it!
Dave

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
 {cool^sign} wow dave; that is neat too bad you cant record the pics. course if you would care to spend a few more bucks then we would be set for some neat pics. sure hope that is a deer and not a dear. looks like the rod could be handy in a lot of those quiter pools in the creeks.  <-yahoo_>   jerry