collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 195 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130388
  • stats Total Topics: 18244
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Need help getting well  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Need help getting well
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
I would think just a simple suction dredge nozzle on the end of a rod and clean the bottom out, run it through a sluice and seen whats what, if ya want some ideas on how to crib it and cap it, give me a msg, gladly help ya out................Guest

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »
well so much for the post hole auger. BUT  i just happen to have a 3" diaphram pump with a 4" nozzle 6' long using a 2" trash pump as assist to keep the heavy material and out of the 3" pump. dont think it would be any problem to work at 16'. only problem would the 2" pump requires a seperate water source.  jerry

Offline PlacerPal

• Kudos: 36
    • Discover the Difference
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »

<-idea->  The DIY Gold in Well Getter! <-idea->

I have used several types of underwater sludge, sediment and soil samplers all scientific
and very expensive. I am sure I would have been laughed out of the lab had I suggested
these underwater soil samplers.

First we need about a 20 ft long 1 in OD wood dowel. A thin sapling might do? Aluminum pipe
would be good but spendy. Then we would field engineer a suitable strong method of attachment to:   

Gold In Well Getter No. 1
Plunging this model up and down with short strokes against the gold and gravel at the
bottom of the well will pick up a load of gold and gravel in the cup. Carefully withdraw
to the surface and dump into a tub.

Cup Type

Gold In Well Getter No. 2
This  type with a larger sample chamber might pick up a bit more gold in gravel.
This one is a bit more tricky to use. Use slow short strokes to pump it full with the
gold in gravel.

Accordion Bellows Type

Assorted types of past experiences recommends testing the Gold In Well Getters in a
tube of gravel and water before heading up the mountain!  <-yes_>

Yep, 2 models of DIY Thrifty Gold In Well Getters. ;D

<-laugh->

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
 <-wave-> how about a modified 3" supersucker cheap, fast and easy to build. with the valve i use you would be able to hold a good load with very little loss and no damage. plus you can feel the type of material that you are in down there making it easier to get a payload. i use a 2" nozzle but it should be easy to convert to a 3" nozzle   jerry

Offline gandalfwhite

• Province/State: Piteň, Sweden
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 05:14:18 AM »
Just a little "update", if you intend to use the well for drinking water, use concrete rings. That will keep the well open for water and safe to enter, the only downside would be that one would need to climb down  <-sealed_> to shovel the bottom material up and away  [&whistle#] all in all a win win situation I would say :) they get a safe well and you get the paydirt and payed at the same time  <-good_>
//gandalfwhite
I came I saw... and want to start to dig

Offline bigwavedave

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: McAllister, Montana
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 06:32:10 AM »
I KNEW I'd get some great ideas if I asked you guys!   <-idea-> I think this thing is getting refined pretty well. It sounds like Golly Mr. Science has some experience in this field too!  Hopefully, it wasn't at this location!   <-unsure_> I like all of the ideas of suction pumping and the Well Getter's too!  I think simple is a good answer and a long handled sucker tube might just be the answer!  Amazingly,  <-sealed_> (I probably shouldn't say it), but my wife thought of something I hadn't considered at all.  She said "Why not drop a super magnet on a thin rope down there and clean any metal out of the way first? There could be old knives, guns?"  So, I still think a combination is in order.  Now, just to get all the parts together.  Looks like I'll have a pickup load!  Thanks!  {-applause-} [-1st-]

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »
OK> DAVE  <-yes_> here is the answer to your problem. or the start of many new ones. a couple guys around use them and they work pretty well. yeeeee haaaaaaaw.   jerry

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 08:15:27 AM »
 <-good_>the more i look into this thing i think i may just get one. 20' of line, color monitor and led lights. probably want to check local fishing regs first or just take the hook off. of coarse there are more expensive units available but reviews on the fisheyes are pretty good and only 79 smackers. heres lookin atcha.  jerry

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »
That looks pretty whizzy Jerry - just one question - where do you fasten the explosives charge.  ;D
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
 ;D  ;D  SO TOM THE TRUTH IS OUT. YOUR FAVORITE FISHING LURE IS A DUPONT SPINNER.  <~ShOcK~>  enjoy.    jerry