collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 173 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12960
  • stats Total Posts: 129971
  • stats Total Topics: 18179
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Accuterra GPS mapping program for iphone.  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Al in Ogden

• There's much more gold in Utah than meets the eye!
  • Kudos: 2
    • alanmeyer.com
Accuterra GPS mapping program for iphone.
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
 {cool^sign}
I couldn't find my old GPS, so I downloaded an iphone app, ACCUTERRA UNLIMITED for $15. It promised to turn my 3gs into an accurate mapping gps and it works! I took my Blazer down a narrow and deeply rutted trail on Idaho's Caribou Mountain that wound into heavy woods and miles away from the Nation Forest road and I'd been following. Accuterra mapped my path pefectly and gave me accurate location readings as soon as a stopped in a small clearing in a deep canyon. It doesn't depend on WIFI or phone service either. I'm impressed!
Al

Offline Montana

• Kudos: 0
Re: Accuterra GPS mapping program for iphone.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:54 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Now I know that I dont want a smart phone.
I sure wouldnt want anyone to be able to log in on the internet and know where I have been, ya know those
claim jumpers ;)

Offline Al in Ogden

• alanmeyer.com
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Now I know that I dont want a smart phone.
I sure wouldnt want anyone to be able to log in on the internet and know where I have been, ya know those
claim jumpers ;)
Good point, especially about Google Earth. Years ago I had a good site made public before I knew that was possible.
Al

-XE-Klump

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »
Cool there are lots of cool apps for iphone like this one here > Locate my phone

App Store - Find My iPhone

Good if you dont return from bushwhacking and someone can at least have a chance of finding you, I was working on a barcode scanner app that you could scan a item in a store it would get sent to a proccess server and tell you other prices and locations in the local area or online pricing and how much you could save and give you coupon codes for that item if available. Another app i was thinking about in a mineral app you could take a picture of and sent for image analyzing through various ways involving filters, and dots per square inch (pixels) there is alot of info in a digital photo. I would like a iphone someday im just waiting until we get digital service here, I use skype for a majority of my calls internationally we have prob 7-8 cell phones but i rarely use one and when it comes time to toss a phone i wont toss mine there is gold in them too.

Offline Al in Ogden

• alanmeyer.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
Cool there are lots of cool apps for iphone like this one here > Locate my phone

App Store - Find My iPhone

Good if you dont return from bushwhacking and someone can at least have a chance of finding you, I was working on a barcode scanner app that you could scan a item in a store it would get sent to a proccess server and tell you other prices and locations in the local area or online pricing and how much you could save and give you coupon codes for that item if available. Another app i was thinking about in a mineral app you could take a picture of and sent for image analyzing through various ways involving filters, and dots per square inch (pixels) there is alot of info in a digital photo. I would like a iphone someday im just waiting until we get digital service here, I use skype for a majority of my calls internationally we have prob 7-8 cell phones but i rarely use one and when it comes time to toss a phone i wont toss mine there is gold in them too.
Red laser is a good barcde and price search program. Bakado Pro is good, too. The basic Red Laser is better than the basic Bakado, but I've found the newer versions of both fine.

-XE-Klump

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
Cool i do most of my online shopping in the USA so i generally go online and look there 1st, we get taxed to death here in Canada its nutz all the taxes we pay, once more people catch on that you can save alot of money shopping online Canadien retailers will be crippled they must be feeling it already. Just look at sony canada and sony usa sites i saved prob 40% just buying from the usa site i dont know how they can even market stuff here in canada when you can see what others are paying elsewhere i thought we had free trade in north america NAFTA bunch of *&^%$$

Gear Pan
Gold Rat