collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 123 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130236
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold in the Blue Lake Country, Digging a Test Shaft  (Read 38779 times)

Offline hillbilly321

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Armstrong
  • Kudos: 4
Re: Gold in the Blue Lake Country, Digging a Test Shaft
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »
Just finished watching your videos on punching in a test shaft. First off congrats on the fine work. I myself punched a shaft in. I didn't do as fancy of cribbing but I did a little bit reinforcement. by the looks from your video our holes are about the same size with a few little difference. A few of the rocks you removed that you said were "large" are the average sized to smaller sized rocks in my hole. I have cobble ontop of more cobble. To top things off I hit the water table and called it... I can not dig deeper with out risk of a cave in or filling one boots with water. I also found like .05gram at the bottom of the hole... thats just life eh. took about 10-11 days to dig. Camped out and dug all day
This Bedrocks

Offline mingold

• Province/State: Kelowna BC
  • Kudos: 0
  • Not all that is shiny is gold!
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
You are great not only with your wisdom of the improvisation but also with the very good way of explaining why you do things. Teachers in schools could be learning from you few things! Nice structure for the windlass, and so handy net for the rocks!!! The right tools come to your mind only because you have seen them elsewhere in the past in your life. Thank you Grey Wolf, this is very instructional series of videos. How to properly get things done. I wish there was one made for us the beginners like that but about the steps in the beginning of the claim acquisition. Gosh, these words are so hard for my fingers!...English is not my native, sorry if I don't make sense some times. mingold {cool^sign}
If you love what you do, you will do what you love.

Offline lewi

• Province/State: Salmon Arm, BC
  • Kudos: 2
  • Quads, Dogs... Snif?... Snif? Gold! Winter > AZ
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2013, 02:03:07 AM »
Found a mother lode of information thru out this set of videos.  <-yahoo_>  What happened with 2012 summer?  <-unsure_> Just can't wait for set 2. Feed us more, I need to learn. You have a great way of filming and showing how its done. Your explanations are easy to understand,  {cool^sign} yet give all the needed information. Graet work.  <-good_>  Feed us more!  <_miner_>  [<-panning->]
lewi

Gear Pan