collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 151 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12992
  • stats Total Posts: 130653
  • stats Total Topics: 18283
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Batea Gold Pan  (Read 6575 times)

Offline aMikey

• Kudos: 0
Batea Gold Pan
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »
Did you ever hear of a Batea Gold Pan, or how to use one. 

I watched many video's with people using a flat bottom pan, and am amused that they find placer gold and diamonds.

In every contientant, people use the Batea, except North America

Check out these ladies, below.  in a country so poor, everyone has to work, and many spend all day panning the rivers.  They make, a days wages for a days work.  Some get lucky and hit paydirt

A few years ago, at the PDA convertion in Toronto, a prospector was showing off some large diamond he panned with a flat bottom pan from a river near Wawa,  just imagine what he missed

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
Re: Batea Gold Pan
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »
Ya, saw them when I was looking for a name/description of a pan I have - guess you have to practise, like anything else. Nice thing about the batea is easy to make - out of almost anything.
Work smart..and hard

Offline aMikey

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »
I found a great video, made in Bolivia, by an Italian church group, showing little children as young a 3 years old  panning placer gold with their batea's
        "COME POLVERE DI FIUME" (Estratto), di ADRIANO ZECCA
      - YouTube

I was really tickled when I found this video, and think more people should share video's like this

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »
It really saddens me to see kids this young have to work that hard in order to survive, it could be coming to your own neighbourhood someday soon..............Guest

Offline aMikey

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »
yes, it is sad, that kids this young, have to scrape just to live, rather than go to school,  I was in Sumatra after the tsunami, and many women there, are now working the placer fields, as they no longer have husbands  :D

an interisting thing about Sumatra is, Sumatra was known in ancient times by the Sanskrit names of Swarnadwīpa ("Island of Gold") and Swarnabhūmi ("Land of Gold"), due likely to the gold deposits of the island's,  if your an adventurer, it would be a great place to try.  Food and lodging is very cheap there

Gear Pan
Gold Rat