GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: mcbain - Friday, 24 October 2014 04:04
Hi. B. J. rirght behind you on this one.I remember the Prime Minister that brought all these guys to canada.free citizen ship free couple years on welfare free every thing all you have to do is reac havoc a few years down the road. Well the havoc and war is here.And canada is not ready too fight the wars of crazy religous fanatics that put human life below dog poo.And the silly folks in power still want to take our rights to defend ourselfs.Wee are in for a nightmare that is not going away soon.Luck all Mcbain.
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

October 24, 2014, 08:21:26 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Mining Equipment
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for area to start panning on vancouver island  (Read 5095 times)
dahlianutkaren
Trade Count: (0)

Canada Canada

Province/ State: BC

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
6%

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 10:00:09 AM »

You'd be closest to the Piggot Creek claims. Here is a link that talks about it as well as the link to the claims map in case this doesn't work... seems alot of new people looking in the same area and I hope they are minding their manners ...  Hi All  in New Member check in, meet & greet Forum

https://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imf5/imf.jsp?site=mem_mto_pla-view-title  keep clicking until you are zoomed right in on the area.. 92f.084 There looks about 8 claims if that but tough getting in to some spots around there.
Let me know where you might go as maybe I can tag along sometime as I am in Comox. 
Bonanza River is in Zeballos.. a little farther away than you prob. would like but maybe more gold that way anyway. Karen

dahlianutkaren

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
6%

Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »

Excuse my mistake.. Bonanza River/Creek comes out of Bonanza Lake - which is right up near Nimpkish Lake..on the way to Port McNeil ...  thinking of 2 places sorry.. Looks easy enough to get to.. says the girl who got lost on logging roads yesterday!
mygrain

Canada Canada

Province/ State: bc

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 10

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 09:03:36 PM »

my  claims are pn loss creek  sombrio bear creek and i have a key too leech area

goldendaze

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 04:55:02 PM »

Heya all

alright as I am also from the Northern part of Vancouver Island I know this area quite well.

A good spot if you are coming off of Hornby Island is the Oyster river and Piggot creek. These rivers collect the gold that comes from the same area on Mount Washington that used to have a gold mine. If you go here however expect to travel on logging roads and climbing down steep banks to get to the river. You will find gold in pretty much every pan but dont huge nuggets, that is not to be said that some nuggets are out there to be found.

The bonanza river/creek and lake are not named this because of gold but were aptly named due to the large stand of old growth forest that the logging companies came across in that area. unfortunately the old growth forest is long gone now and they have begun to log the second growth. not far from bonanza creek is Zeballos river however. I Was there last week and a friend of mine had some really good success ... me , not so much.

My friend in Zeballos bulled a 5.5 ounce nugget from a crevice between two large rocks which he promptly sold for 8-9k and while i was there came across a decent amount of flour gold and some low ounce to 1/4 ounce nuggets as well. cool area to explore as well.

China creek in Port Alberni is supposed to be good but a large portion is claimed as well as mineral creek.

Last but not least there is a placer reserve out near Tofino and Ucluelet which i have yet to check out.

Overall though for a person coming off of Hornby your best bet is probably Oyster river as you can head out and still be back in time for the last ferry at night some good gold on the river and lots of history of gold mining operations in the area with very few claims.

Cheers
Goldendaze
Redwolf

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 10:34:18 PM »

Lots of open placer ground for staking on Bonanza River.....it's spotty but it's there.....check out MTO map 092L 027-037

Thanks I have been researching all around the area and hadent heard of bonanza creek but will be looking into it thanks for the tips appreciated
Redwolf

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 10:38:18 PM »

You'd be closest to the Piggot Creek claims. Here is a link that talks about it as well as the link to the claims map in case this doesn't work... seems alot of new people looking in the same area and I hope they are minding their manners ...  Hi All  in New Member check in, meet & greet Forum

https://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imf5/imf.jsp?site=mem_mto_pla-view-title  keep clicking until you are zoomed right in on the area.. 92f.084 There looks about 8 claims if that but tough getting in to some spots around there.
Let me know where you might go as maybe I can tag along sometime as I am in Comox.  
Bonanza River is in Zeballos.. a little farther away than you prob. would like but maybe more gold that way anyway. Karen

Thanks Appreciated big time Smiley I was looking around piggott creek as well but the terrain is a complete nightmare and water runs pretty fast through there but still may go up there for a few days and poke around a bit .

I am all for anywhere on the island that has proven to produce in the past and the more the merrier  so there no where I wont go if I can make it profitable

Redwolf

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »

Heya all

alright as I am also from the Northern part of Vancouver Island I know this area quite well.

A good spot if you are coming off of Hornby Island is the Oyster river and Piggot creek. These rivers collect the gold that comes from the same area on Mount Washington that used to have a gold mine. If you go here however expect to travel on logging roads and climbing down steep banks to get to the river. You will find gold in pretty much every pan but dont huge nuggets, that is not to be said that some nuggets are out there to be found.

The bonanza river/creek and lake are not named this because of gold but were aptly named due to the large stand of old growth forest that the logging companies came across in that area. unfortunately the old growth forest is long gone now and they have begun to log the second growth. not far from bonanza creek is Zeballos river however. I Was there last week and a friend of mine had some really good success ... me , not so much.

My friend in Zeballos bulled a 5.5 ounce nugget from a crevice between two large rocks which he promptly sold for 8-9k and while i was there came across a decent amount of flour gold and some low ounce to 1/4 ounce nuggets as well. cool area to explore as well.

China creek in Port Alberni is supposed to be good but a large portion is claimed as well as mineral creek.

Last but not least there is a placer reserve out near Tofino and Ucluelet which i have yet to check out.

Overall though for a person coming off of Hornby your best bet is probably Oyster river as you can head out and still be back in time for the last ferry at night some good gold on the river and lots of history of gold mining operations in the area with very few claims.

Cheers
Goldendaze

Great thanks I am planning to take a couple weeks this fall and  doing some prospecting to find somewhere to set up a claim on the north island and the sound of a 5.5 sounds pretty damm good to me so maybe heading up north is the call to start out as you said I can always go poke around locally oyster and piggot and get home at night so for this fall maybe it will be Zeballos area and north to start theres lots of area up there and the further off the beaten path the better
Redwolf

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »

my  claims are pn loss creek  sombrio bear creek and i have a key too leech area
wow Im defiantly interested in checking them out if the offer still stands, I dont know where those claim areas are
but would like to try my hand at it .
 I am wanting to set up a claim north island and need as much help and advice as anyone ever did
If you had a couple weeks to explore and prospect for a placer claim where would you suggest prospecting ?
Shrewdly

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »

Hello Shrewdly,

I'm very interested in your insight into the Leech, I have been trying to find some history and or info into how and when the leech was worked, do you mind me asking where you got the information.

Regards
Dan
Hi Dan I used a secret source - the BC government.  Go the this web address  MINFILE Mineral Inventory  When the page opens - in the section called Identification you'll find a box called minfile number. In that box type in 092B078 and then click on search in the upper right hand corner.  The page for the Leech River will open. Any thing in the bibliography at the bottom of the page that is highlighted in blue text can be opened on line by simply double clicking on it.  Most searchs in this database are done using the NTS (National Topographical System) mapsheets. Simply highlight the NTS mapsheet you are interested in and hit search. It will then list every property on that sheet. If you need an Index for the mapsheets go to http://www.empr.gov.bc.ca/Mining/Geoscience/MINFILE/ProductsDownloads/PublicationsList/Pages/Providx.aspx.  Play around with this it's an excellent data base with lots of good info. Good Hunting

Shrewd

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: