collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspirit

Dot Guests: 117 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130236
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: zooka question  (Read 3234 times)

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Kudos: 0
zooka question
« on: June 13, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
Hi Friends

I have two questions one for a member called zooka and anyone who wants to give me this answer.

I located a picture on another list about a fluid box (Bazooka) one a shoe box and one a cat box name. Someone please enlighten me as to the drilling position on the manifolds. What direction does the water flow when exiting the manifold and entering the capture section? zooka was answering a lot of questions really well to understand. I simply die not want to join one more list for a single question.

Question Two. How are can we look up a member of this to sent a message in private. Not when you have the opportunity of clicking on his name in a comment section. 

FYI: I do know how and when to use a ? mark. I don't use them most of the time I broke that little finger once upon a time it doe not bend well. Thanks a bunch I certainly enjoy this list. I have been deep engulfed in some private research lately and trying to read lawyer writting on patents. You really have to be part coon hound to follow some of their statements around a loop and back through a knot. Actually all they were saying was don't connect these two.

Don Jackson  Remington Magnum/Ultramag

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
Re: zooka question
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »
Zooka normally visits 49er Mikes forum and the Alaska Gold Prospecting forum. There is a ton of info and pictures on home-made fluid beds here and at other sites as well just use the search functions. I think the original patent drawings are here as well.

Offline astrobouncer

• Province/State: Greenville South Carolina
  • Kudos: 13
  • If your back aint sore, you didnt move enough dirt
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »
Besides the custom DIY fluid bed sluices I made, I built a gold trap/fluidized bed attachment for the end of my highbanker, to make sure I wasnt losing anything but I havent had time to test it out yet. Check out the below post and scroll down to the end to see the gold trap attachment.

My DIY vortex matting high banker w/expanded metal (Updated Jun 3rd see below)

I dont quite understand what you are asking though. Do you mean the water flow coming from where the grizzly is? Or the water flow out of the water pipes?  If its out of the water pipes I recommend constructing one like the one on my highbanker, with the water coming out and going downward.

Offline RemingtonMagnum

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
HI Friends

When you lay your PVC manifold down in the gold trap in what direction should the water be pumped/inlet water be blowing? Up, Down, Outside, to the inner section? I too am building independent boxes much like your box.

Thanks Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

quote author=astrobouncer link=topic=6964.msg47307#msg47307 date=1308025238]
Besides the custom DIY fluid bed sluices I made, I built a gold trap/fluidized bed attachment for the end of my highbanker, to make sure I wasnt losing anything but I havent had time to test it out yet. Check out the below post and scroll down to the end to see the gold trap attachment.

My DIY vortex matting high banker w/expanded metal (Updated Jun 3rd see below)

I dont quite understand what you are asking though. Do you mean the water flow coming from where the grizzly is? Or the water flow out of the water pipes?  If its out of the water pipes I recommend constructing one like the one on my highbanker, with the water coming out and going downward.
[/quote]

Offline muconium

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »
I read that thread at 49 Mike's and remember that they said that water should spray upward into the bed. Downward is a waste of water pressure........
Rusty dirt makes me drool.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:30:44 AM »
I really disagree with having the source water pulse upwards as that means that about 50% of the material bed will not be fluidized at all so in effect you're loosing much of the power of the fluid bed concept right from the start. In all of my experience I have never seen anything but having the source water ejected from as low as is possible into the bed material or bed box. The ideal situation, which is kind of impractical, is to have a false bottom in the bed made from 400 mesh screen and the water is injected beneath this screen. The screen acts as a diffuser, much like in a e-tube so that the entire bed is more uniformly liquified or fluidized.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 05:56:16 AM »
My two bucket method is basically a fluidized bed.  It keeps everything moving to allow the heavier gold to settle to the bottom into the test cap.  As long as you classify to 20 mesh it will capture all of the gold from 20 mesh to 200 mesh with some -200. 

You could put a galvanized tub at the end of a highbanker with something to classify on top and create a vortex to capture gold running off the end. 

Offline bill-costa rica

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: playa samara costa rica
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »
I have tried it both ways. pointing down is the way to go. also built the vibro pulse unit . I have given up on the kitty box type fluid bed and moved on to the new Zealand hydraulic riffles. I think these will serve me better.

bill-cr

Offline bakergeol

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »
Zooka is co-owner of Gold miners at Yahoo Groups

Goldminers : A place for goldminers to meet, share an

Contacting him there would be the best way to go.
In fact posting this question on that forum will elict
more information.
Joining is very easy and you would have access to
their files which includes fluid bed technology that you
are seeking.

George

Offline spud

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 01:38:10 AM »
I did some fiddling with a fluid bed some years ago and found that it didnt work well in the field ,was great in a controlled enviro but for what it did I found it wasent worth the trouble --- one thing I did find was the holes do have to be upwards but you have to have the floor at the top of the hole level-- and 7psi was the best pressure for the bed to work at

Gear Pan
Gold Rat