collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortierbonnyyusbrotherjameskcm

Dot Guests: 132 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12042
  • stats Total Posts: 118499
  • stats Total Topics: 16202
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

Author Topic: Britton Creek  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Sapper

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 3
    • BC Gold Prospectors Blog
Britton Creek
« on: May 29, 2011, 10:28:06 PM »
Finally made it into one of my claims for the first time this season.  Went up to my Britton Creek claim, spent about 5 hours there before mother nature decided she wanted to scream and sent me running for the truck - thunder and lightning over took the area in a matter of minutes followed by rain, snow, freezing rain and hail.  Funny thing is, it was sunny and warm out (around 8 degrees) with a few small coulds lingering around and them BOOM! It was all over.  Found a bit of colour in my pan - all very fine.  But then again I didnt get the chance to really dig in in the time I spent there.  Most of it was spent walking the claim poking around as it was the first time I've visited the claim since I acquired it last November.

On the bright side, the Lawless Creek FSR seems to have had 70% of the snow melt since my last visit last weekend.  There was around 1.5 - 2 feet on the Lawless FSR last Saturday and now itís down to patches with a few long stretches that are covered with about 5 - 8 inches of snow.  I figure by next weekend if the snow hold off up there I'll be pounding my Lawless claim.  Fingers crossed!  I need some course gold!
From the coasts of BC and Newfoundland Labrador, to the smallest crevasse in the hills of Afghanistan.  Support your Canadian Troops!

Offline PlacerWilly

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: British Columbia Interior
  • Kudos: 4
Re: Britton Creek
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:07 PM »
 Yep the weather has been less then cooperative here as of late....fortunately it was nice today and summers coming. 8)
Best of luck to you on your hunt  :D
"Up there's where we got to go !"

Offline goldhound

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
Sapper,

Did you ever get back to your claim? How did your season work out?

Still chasin' the gold,

Goldhound

Offline Sapper

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 3
    • BC Gold Prospectors Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
I let the Britton claim expire. I'm focusing on my Lawless Creek claim this year.  I did poke around on the Britton claim last summer for about a week.  Dragged my gear up there setup camp on the claim because I wasnt able to get down Lawwless FSR due to snow.  I didnt find much - a few small specks here and there.  A buddy of mine and I decided it wasnt worth holding onto the claim and renewing it if we were going to focus our efforts time and money on Lawless.

Lets hope this summer isnt as short as the last and the run off isnt 5 feet high on lawless until the beginning of August. 
From the coasts of BC and Newfoundland Labrador, to the smallest crevasse in the hills of Afghanistan.  Support your Canadian Troops!