collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 155 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12553
  • stats Total Posts: 124628
  • stats Total Topics: 17237
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Dirt cheap dual use crevice gold sucker.  (Read 15781 times)

Offline willy

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
Dirt cheap dual use crevice gold sucker.
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
 Well, I posted this on another forum or two, but hell, it deserves to be here too. Anyway, forget using turkey basters and other wimpy setups. What you need is something tough and with some real suction, a real down 'n dirty placer miner's tool. What you need is one of them enema bulbs (any drug store carry's them (say it's for Grampa/Granma), yank out the tube that's stuck in the end and stick in a length of clear Lexan tubing (10-12").. the kink they sell at beer/wine making shops. Make sure to chamfer the ends of the tube in order not to cut the rubber bulb. What you end up with is a great little crevice sucker which can be used to suck up the cons from your pan. Make sure to insert the tube so it not quite touching the inner end. This way it retains what it inhales. I use this setup, but added a bit of freesole polyurethane to the outside circumference to make it tougher. As for it's other use.. let's just say that if Grampa decides to come along for a visit, you've got all the bases covered. ;)  ..Willy.

Offline bushguy

• Province/State: Ottawa, Ontario
  • Kudos: 0
    • Prospecting with LarryB
Re: Dirt cheap dual use crevice gold sucker.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:22:54 AM »
 :) Thanx for the kool tip Willy! That sure looks like it would do a good job on crevices in the field. ;)

bg
Gold - The Eternal metal...

bushguy

VikingSniper

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:58:58 PM »
That's a really good idea Willy.                  YouTube - Gold Prospecting Nugget find from Scotland

Offline Chrisc73

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »
looks like a cool took, thanks for the info, I am new to this and any information I can get is helpful {cool^sign}