collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

KenKlondikerecgoldparadigmshiftgeezir

Dot Guests: 126 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12582
  • stats Total Posts: 124319
  • stats Total Topics: 17289
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Another B.C. boy  (Read 6049 times)

Offline willy

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
Another B.C. boy
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
 Hey there! Totally forgot about this forum (spend a lot of time out in the woods) and, seeing a post on TreasureNet regarding it, decided to sign up. Be good to meet some other p[lacer miners from B.C., especially if they're into MD'ing. ...Willy.

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC Canada
  • Kudos: 9
Re: Another B.C. boy
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 12:53:29 PM »
Hello Willy!

Glad you found your way back.
I hope you will enjoy this place, Lots of great people.

Good to see another coil Swinger in here, What kinda rig are ya runnin'?

Best wishes,

Seeker

Offline willy

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »
 Hey there! Right now I've got a Fisher Goldstrike and a Compass X-100 (just finishing the mods). I figure on selling the Goldstrike, though it's one of those cases where I don't really care. So far, the X-100 is happy joy-joy detector and there are those who are just eaten up with the jealousy. I'm really anticipating the release of the Pulse Devil or the (rumoured) new White's discriminating PI. In the meantime, I'll probably stick to VLF's and do a one-two punch of low frequency (for the deep lunkers) and high freq. for the small stuff. What are you swinging? ..Willy.

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 24
    • CGPF
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 07:07:25 PM »
Welcome aboard Willy,

I am familiar with some of your posting on other sites, and am eager to hear you share some of your experience with us.

Shiver

Offline willy

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »
 Uh Oh! Looks like I'll have to keep track of my BS then. D@mn! Looks like I'll have to save the 'big nugget' stories for the campfire. ..Willy. PS. I just rembered that I didn't introduce my partner. Her name's Coco and she hates critters (as the neighbor's cat found out the other day).

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 24
    • CGPF
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »
Welcome aboard Coco!!! ;D

Offline willy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »
 She'll keep everyone in line. So far, her criiter count is: 1 cat, 1 coyote X, and 1 black bear. I tell ya, walking in the backwoods, without a dog, can make for a pretty unsettling experience.. especially up in Alaska with all the Griz. ..Willy.

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 09:34:46 PM »
Hi Willy,

I swing a Gold Bug 2...nothing to serious at the moment (still trying to figure it out). I'd like to get one of those new Minelab sticks, but we'll see what happens in the next few months. What do you search for? any worthy finds?

Offline willy

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:29:43 AM »
 I mostly like to nugget hunt and hit ghosttowns and such. I'll see if I can dig up some of my nugget pics. You'd probably be better off waiting a bit on the PI.. there are some really exciting PI's soon to be released that might just blow Minelab outta the water. They're also set to be much cheaper. What general area do you hunt with the GB2? I've been poking around the Tulameen/Similkameen and the Coquihalla river and it seems that it would be really hard to use a conventional nugget detector in those areas. I'll be headed up the coquihalla R. after my Winnebago is sold, probably be using my Goldstrike. hopefully the water will be down far enough to make for some half decent nugget hunting. ..Willy. PS.. Coco says 'Hi!'.

Offline Seeker

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:23:16 AM »
Hey Willy,
I've done some detecting on claims in all of those areas...It is hard, but I'm no expert with the GB2 and fairly new to detecting in general. I've done well enough to keep myself interested, but so far I've had far better luck with simple panning.

I'm am however interested in hearing more about these new PI's you mentioned.

Best wishes,

Seeker