collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Fisser

Dot Guests: 224 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12990
  • stats Total Posts: 130580
  • stats Total Topics: 18274
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: clasifier bucket  (Read 8648 times)

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Re: clasifier bucket
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:41:39 AM »
Jeez.....lets weigh the options...cut up a $5 pail....or hack the bottom off a Pyramid Pro Pan  <~ShOcK~>

I'm still looking at "economy of scale"  <-NO_>

Clearly you have more expensive toys than I.....or maybe that thing doesn't work as advertised  ;D  :)

Feasibility would depend on the grade of your gravel, the size of the deposit, and the throughput/productivity of the tool... and ergonomics can make a huge difference on human longevity/productivity.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline tomcat

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
 lol!!!@* lol!!!@* lol!!!@* Ok...reading between the baffle gab....the PPP doesn't work  ;D

sulcata99 was trying to save some money on his $1 dollar store pail...rather than buying a store bought model.

I don't think he has moved into production mode yet  <-NO_>

Pretty safe bet a Pyramid is not in his prospecting arsenal yet  <-thinking->

Offline doublenotminer

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
And you do not need to classify with a pro pan.  I have one and it works well.

Offline sulcata99

• Province/State: Streetsboro, Ohio
  • Home of the free till we decide otherwise
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
Money is definitely an issue as I'm currently unemployed and prospecting in Ohio doesn't cover cost of this hobby let alone bills, lol
Paddle faster I hear banjos!

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:23:05 PM »
Howdy All,
Making a classifier for the Pyramid Pro Production Pan has been suggested before though no one has ever suggested making one into a "stand alone" classifier! Classifying before using most mining equipment is always better for maximum results though the Pyramid Pro Pan will classify for you if by chance you don't. This is one of the strong points of this device even though it is best to classify first. Bucket Classifiers do work well and are cheap to make. I even use one myself. Classifying is also the secret to proper panning. Cheers.

The Fossicker
Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

Offline Sapper

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
    • BC Gold Prospectors Blog
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »
Just an idea; I think what could work for a high volume hand classifier would be; taking a unit like the Fossicker Pyramid Pro Pan, chopping off the lower plastic pan, and replace it with minimalist/sturdy frame and 4 mesh, or 8 mesh or W.H.Y. screen...

Here's the Pyramid Pro Pan .... just imagine the pan with the existing handles, but with a classifier screen as opposed to the plastic pan... to classify high volumes by hand, you need an efficient side-to-side washing motion, IMO...

The ergonomics of the Pyramid Pan handles also look like they'd have ergonomic advantages on the arms/shoulders vs. buckets.

This would be one heck of an expencive Classifier.  With the Pyramid Pan Pro running around $130 in Vancouver - I think you coul dbetter spend that money making a copy out of various mateials.
From the coasts of BC and Newfoundland Labrador, to the smallest crevasse in the hills of Afghanistan.  Support your Canadian Troops!

Offline sulcata99

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
Expensive and what would you classify into, doesn't look like it will fit into a normal bucket.

Offline Bill_Carson

• The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »
Expensive and what would you classify into, doesn't look like it will fit into a normal bucket.

You wouldn't use it over a bucket ... it would be for quickly classifying larger volumes of gravel by hand ... you'd be classifying in an approx. 100 liter Rubbermaid tub.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline sulcata99

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 05:50:51 PM »
Since you dont really need the bottom part of the pan maybe they could sell you just the handle? Then maybe some slightly flattened aluminum angle for the screen framework?
Are you thinking of keeping the shape or flat bottom?

Gear Pan
Gold Rat