collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 156 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12958
  • stats Total Posts: 129952
  • stats Total Topics: 18176
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Hola, from the great state of red tape... California!  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Okapi

• Province/State: California
  • Kudos: 0
Hola, from the great state of red tape... California!
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:55:48 PM »
Hola, I'm a novice prospector and am working right now to build up my mining equipment.

So far I've made my own sluice box out of Galvanized Tin and Wood, 6 feet long by 12 inches wide for a recirculating system (rubber mat and riffles). Was my first box not overly pleased with it, and am now working on a new concept high banker build, been following the Side Winder sluice box for a month or more, and really like the concept.

I've been playing around with Oxy/Acetylene with aluminum and I just ain't got the skill quite yet, the square frame was easy enough (with a lot of burn throughs lol). So now I'm gonna pick me up a cheapy MIG from HF and go from there with steel. I'll be honest I am a novice at metal working, but I'm a creative person so we'll see. BTW, any particular gauge someone would recommend for a sluice box (mild steel - I know it rusts)? Weight is a factor as it'll be a high banker with a hopper, but rigidity is a concern in addition. Any suggestions on materials for the box itself would be great, thanks!