collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

StoneHuntermike(swWash)

Dot Guests: 214 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130796
  • stats Total Topics: 18302
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Miners moss  (Read 7205 times)

Offline bornofthehorses

• Kudos: 0
Miners moss
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
With all the sluice material out there I think it's time to check out what really works best will keep up on what I find out like maybe using Driwall™ Rainscreen.
Ken

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Miners moss
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
Actually have found that having the RIGHT riffle configuratiuon will trap the most fine gold, I use just riffles over a basic carpet for a seal between riffles and sluice box, and end up with mainly a super concentrate to finish off in cleanup sluice and pan......this is handmining, if you're mechanical mining, and moving 100s of yards a day, well the pictures change.....Guest

Offline Pudder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Didsbury
  • Kudos: 3
  • Rick Leaver by day!!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:26:09 AM »
What about tool box liner. Has the little squares. Is rubber, would seal real nice. Sold as cupboard liners too. available canadian tire, walmart. Cheap

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »
 <-wave-> something the same as the tool box liner only white but a lot less money is the material the ladies use for latch hook rugs.   jerry

Offline AUssie

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Abbotsford, B.C.
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
The rubberized shelf liner is at the dollar store./DEADWOOD
Look in the doggy sections of the dollar store, yesterday saw a dog bowl mat looks just like miners moss, from memory, dark grey, so will show gold nicely.  when I buy some I will add a pic, not huge, but buy a couple at a buck or so for a small sluice, saw this at dollar giant Abbotsford.

Guy

Offline Dart70ca

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
'Miner's Moss' is simply 3M  Nomad matting. The different colors represent different dirt-trapping qualities. Not sure how much you save buying it from a warehouse, safety, food service or medical equipment supplier, but at least you might save some travel time to your nearest prospector store.
A lot of equipment is industrial material repurposed.
The the leather cup seals in certain hand dredges are available from plumbing suppliers.
The black textured abs plastic used for fine gold recovery sluices and tables is some of the cheapest sheet material available from plastic supply shops. They will even form and glue it for you for very little cost.
Most ribbed rubber matting is some form of conveyor or drive belting. Some are sheets of molded rubber seals that have not been cut into strips yet.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat