collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 160 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12991
  • stats Total Posts: 130634
  • stats Total Topics: 18282
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: pro and cons of plumbing a hose bib on the highbanker  (Read 2325 times)

Offline paradigmshift

• Province/State: crofton BC
  • Kudos: 4
  • i always wonder whats around the next bend
pro and cons of plumbing a hose bib on the highbanker
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »
was wondering if i would use it or not might be nice to fill the tub any thoughts

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 74
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
Re: pro and cons of plumbing a hose bib on the highbanker
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »
I always put one in - just before the main shut off ball valve, and with it's own shut off valve.  Great for cleaning out any carpets, the high banker, classifying concentrates, panning water and all sorts of misc uses. 

Usually at clean-out time I shut off the main valve to the high banker, reduce the engine to a low idle and open up the hose valve. 

In one instance, while a buddy was having trouble priming his larger pump, I just took my garden hose discharge and primed his pump with that.

If you have 'junk' in the water due to leaves, roots, moss and such I carry a screen insert for the washing machine water intake.  Rather clean the small screen than try to clean out the garden hose spray nozzle.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: pro and cons of plumbing a hose bib on the highbanker
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:02:04 AM »
Adds weight to unit. I used to have a hose bib on my G2 but I removed the spray bar completely. I just use the pump hoses (x2 electric) on each ide of the hopper pointing up. If I need water I just use one of those hoses... I use a ball stretchy tarp tie down for attaching the hoses on and off easily...

I pack this HB into some remote places, so for me lighter is better.

I use a wire mesh waste basket for my pump inlets to avoid any debris issues. Easy to clean the waste basket after junk starts sticking to it.
Not required since I don't use a spray bar that can plug up, but keeps the pumps running full capacity.

Recently I bought some 1" eyeball jets for a spa/jacuzzi so I can built an adjustable water cannon spray bar. I really don't like the PVC spray bars with 1/8" holes... Too heavy and too easy to plug up.

My 2 bits...

Did someone say       

Gear Pan
Gold Rat