Gold Prospecting Forums - General > Small scale mining/Prospecting Regulations

Panning the North Saskatchewan

(1/3) > >>

grantmohr:
I'm a complete neophyte with the whole gold panning/sluicing thing.  Is it possible to get an ounce of placer out of the North Saskatchewan (around Edmonton/Devon) in a day?.....and if so using what methods?  Thanks in advance.

Kdiv5650:
Don't think it would be possible to get a oz of gold out of the NSR in a single day...unless heavy equipment was involved, which isn't permitted...The gold near Devon and Edmonton (for the most part) is flour gold, requiring a very large amount of it to make up a oz.  A great group to contact would be the Edmonton Gold Prospectors Association (EGPA) or the Alberta Gold Prospectors Association.  ( Alberta Gold Prospectors Association).

They have gatherings every spring and fall, and they are all willing to answer any questions a newbie wants to ask.

Kdiv5650

--- Quote from: grantmohr on January 22, 2011, 05:49:15 PM ---I'm a complete neophyte with the whole gold panning/sluicing thing.  Is it possible to get an ounce of placer out of the North Saskatchewan (around Edmonton/Devon) in a day?.....and if so using what methods?  Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

sparky1942:
I can understand why a prospector woul be tight lipped about a placer at a specific location, I would be also. BUT! on a river the size of the North Saskatchewan, it must run nearly a thousand miles, why are we so secretive about what we find?
    Do you dare to share?
 I would love to find a bit of Canadian colour......No placers in southern Manitoba.....Sask is the next best bet.....
Sparky

KenKlondike:
this is the gold map showing findings on the NSR.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=2&jsv=351a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218265644598635197284.0004a6ca0a5ed6cc9de39

also: a quick video on slucing at Devon:

[youtube]Mjmsn7EHKx0[/youtube]

KK

Ironrising:
Awesome video thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version