GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

Panning the North Saskatchewan

(1/3) > >>

grantmohr:
I'm a complete neophyte with the whole gold panning/sluicing thing.  Is it possible to get an ounce of placer out of the North Saskatchewan (around Edmonton/Devon) in a day?.....and if so using what methods?  Thanks in advance.

Kdiv5650:
Don't think it would be possible to get a oz of gold out of the NSR in a single day...unless heavy equipment was involved, which isn't permitted...The gold near Devon and Edmonton (for the most part) is flour gold, requiring a very large amount of it to make up a oz.  A great group to contact would be the Edmonton Gold Prospectors Association (EGPA) or the Alberta Gold Prospectors Association.  ( Alberta Gold Prospectors Association).

They have gatherings every spring and fall, and they are all willing to answer any questions a newbie wants to ask.

Kdiv5650

Quote from: grantmohr on January 22, 2011, 05:49:15 PM

I'm a complete neophyte with the whole gold panning/sluicing thing.  Is it possible to get an ounce of placer out of the North Saskatchewan (around Edmonton/Devon) in a day?.....and if so using what methods?  Thanks in advance.

sparky1942:
I can understand why a prospector woul be tight lipped about a placer at a specific location, I would be also. BUT! on a river the size of the North Saskatchewan, it must run nearly a thousand miles, why are we so secretive about what we find?
    Do you dare to share?
 I would love to find a bit of Canadian colour......No placers in southern Manitoba.....Sask is the next best bet.....
Sparky

KenKlondike:
this is the gold map showing findings on the NSR.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=2&jsv=351a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218265644598635197284.0004a6ca0a5ed6cc9de39

also: a quick video on slucing at Devon:

KK

Ironrising:
Awesome video thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Mining Advertising

Sandvik