collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 167 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129932
  • stats Total Topics: 18173
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Witching??  (Read 18732 times)

Offline MadKate

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 8
Re: Witching??
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
Gives a body something to ponder.  <-thinking->

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
With my rods I can find water, gas & electrial cables. Haven't tried for metals (gold) yet. Maybe next summer..... <-yes_>
Work smart..and hard

Offline Newbie101

• Kudos: 7
  • To dig or not to dig, that is the question.
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
The other day my brother was mentioning to me that there was a break in the water line at work and he had simply picked up some welding rods and went and found the break in the underground line. I have known him for 50 years and I didn't know he knew how to dowse?! The funny thing is this, he is a devote Christian, he reads his Bible every night before bed (I know that doesn't necessarily prove anything, but he also is a pretty good bible thumper) and yet he also can dowse. On top of that he didn't know that it was called dowsing, I had to explain to him what it was, though I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'm a sceptic but I don't think he really grasped it, he was too busy telling me about the end times. Anyways I guess he had seen somebody else do it and thought that this was the normal practice for finding a broken water line or whatever it was.

So I do have a question, if a person is able to dowse for gold then why work at a regular job?

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
Dowsing is not an exact science, I'm thinking...Many can find running water, underground springs & other stuff. But knowing depths/distances & quantities is mostly guessing. Some accuracy comes with experience, but I know dowsers with lots of experience, & they say "about here" "about this deep" "about this much"!!! So I think its mostly about feeling & confidence in your skill. THEN you gotta dig!
Work smart..and hard

Offline MadKate

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 12:22:21 AM »
A plastic pill bottle with round magnet in the bottom, two chains connected...one that touches the magnet is non magnetic and the one I hold is magnetic....I am not holding any minerals....I am just walking around holding this chain and sometimes have to let go.

Ok, now you got my curiosity up and running.  I take it the nonmagnetic is brass and the magnetic is steel?  <-thinking-> 

Good thing I have the parts to make one.

Since the pill bottle has a little bump, I have 2 magnets in the bottle.  The magnet with a hole is on the bottom, the solid round is on the top.  The brass ball chain is long enough to lay on the magnet.  At the hole in the lid, I have the brass ball chain fastener and it is connected to a steel ball chain.  So might it look something like this?

-XE-Klump

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
I happened one day to be in the swiss mountains at a small cabin where a freind of mine asked me if i could witch for water i didnt even know what that was at the time but he pulled out these bent rods like a L shape ( They were coat hangers i believe) and put them in his hands started walking real slow and then the rods crossed themselves. So he let me try and it worked since then i have found underwater viens  that when i track them i try to get three or more to intersect and drilled for good wells and others found same spots using witching one lady used alder branch like a big sling shot to find same spot. I have not one clue how it works i found underground power lines also i cant tell how deep they are but someday i would like to walk down a creek with nuggets in it and just see if it works on them too, heres a liquid gold video i say liquid gold because in the future water maybe worth more than gold someday.

Water Dowsing Expert Jack Coel Proves Skill
      - YouTube

Water witching for fun.wmv
      - YouTube

Offline Goldcrow

• PPT Invited
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »
Pretty much what I use, - steel coat hangers, & small copper tubes in my hands that the hangers go thru, so I don't grip the rods.
Work smart..and hard