collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspirit

Dot Guests: 137 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12938
  • stats Total Posts: 129756
  • stats Total Topics: 18147
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Witching??  (Read 18675 times)

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Portland OR, USA
  • Kudos: 6
  • All my hair fell through.
Re: Witching??
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
Magick is just a term we use for things we do not understand YET. I do not use them but just for fun, but I have a nice pair of 1/4" brass rods with a 90 degree bend at the held end. They cross right on up when I arrive at what I was looking for.

Like all things 'paranormal' lets just say that we use a tiny little part of our brain, and the rest of it is busy with system processing of data, but not that busy. Brains are sensitive to quantum, gravitational, magnetic,  and electrical disturbances. If you think its bunk, close your eyes and have a friend wave a nail, and a small piece of wood both about the same size, past where your nose meets your forehead. Most everyone can feel the difference, and tell the tester which is metal.

BTW, I am not a new ager, and I think that most metaphysics is just ever widening circles of arcane bunk labelling for stuff.
Naps are wasted on toddlers, only an adult can appreciate them. Looking for mine now.

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Naches Washington
  • Kudos: 10
  • The thinker.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »
I might have to disagree with you Chuck, but I do see your point and understand alot of what you are talking about. I have studied alot of innerself teachings and the power within. I think the science of our Earth and the metaphysical do rely on each other in alot of ways, and you wouldn't have one without the other. Alot about this kind of thing is very hard to understand and can take a lifetime, just to know a little. Some people are gifted with this knowledge. For others, it is easy to say it is only science, and some might say it is magic, because they can't explain it.

But getting back to the point here, I think it has more to do with the Earths energy rather than sorcery, and a very simple example is the compass. It moves on its' own and always points north, but not one bit magick.
I would not say that earths emerges do not play a role. After all, looking for gold is not what it is probably for. And is more about connection and presents. A grounding effect that makes a complete circuit. Placing any metal in your hands directs it in a visual way that the conches mind can understand.
Also will say that intent is more important than the tool. What is the value of what you seek, worth to you? And why you seek it.
Chuck.
Give self, to gain wisdom,

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 07:25:10 AM »
SO.....maybe we should be calling "witching" by it's other name, "dowsing".
According to what's been written here it's more related to magnetism and energy wave theories than it is to spiritual concepts like ghosts and spirits.
Guess I might as well burn my Oiji board, no gold here-going to miss talking to Elvis though.
Interesting! ...Wil

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • The thinker.
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »
SO.....maybe we should be calling "witching" by it's other name, "dowsing".
According to what's been written here it's more related to magnetism and energy wave theories than it is to spiritual concepts like ghosts and spirits.
Guess I might as well burn my Oiji board, no gold here-going to miss talking to Elvis though.
Interesting! ...Wil
Threes no difference between the two. Both are forms of the same thing. And use the same naturally conches part of energy. like how animals pass on knowledge thru there jeans.
Thou only lasting milliseconds. A peace of paper knows at its molecule level it is a form of wood. But when we change it into paper. It is likely theses same channels of energy remember even this. And may exist in the spaces between the electrons and protons. As a type of black hole.
Space without space. Sounds like what mite be between the atomic matter that keeps it working like a solid????
Witch I believe is what the big bang blew a hole in.
Any way it is about these transmissions of existence that the rods are reading. On even a map.
A Wiji board is based on Anglo-Saxon ideals, and has numbers and letters as the keys to seeing theses energies. But without natural direction looking to a source of tangible existence to conect with. Like a map, that is something like a picture of a area. Where you could actualy go.
And instead of a easily controlled sliding eye. Requires the involuntary action of the subconscious mind thru something that is more marginally controlled like a pendulum.
Chuck.

honeyman76

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »
I recall growing up, my step father dowsing for water with two willow sticks. Those things went nuts in his hands!!!! So, I gave it a go and walked overt the same ground. Nothing happened! What gives? Any ideas why one person can do it and the other can't?? If we are basing all  of this on science, then why would it work for one person and not next? Also, is there a way to learn how to dowse for those that can't? Should I being hanging out with wil and his Ouija board?? LOL lol!!!@* lol!!!@*

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • The thinker.
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
Best I can figure Dwane. Is that it is a evolutionary thing. And is not meant as a tool for finding things with.
Those that can are connected to the idea more than a skill. But have known some one that was so dead on. A driller would not drill, without there say so on where. And how deep. What’s more baffling is the accuracy that can be guest. Or seen in how far down the water is. Drill 5 feet to far sometimes. And your not going to hit water again until you make it to china. And there is great cost to the driller for dry holes so probably all serious well drillers actually have some one or If not there own self thought ideas of where. To lean on, that makes them good at what they do. The guy I knew had a one hundred percent success rate. Were other drillers in the same area got only 75%..
Chuck.   

Offline feeftynorth

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Southwest British Columbia
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
Good Post Dwayne,
  My Neighbor was digging up his front yard looking for a leaking water pipe, he couldn't find the pipe,  i went up with bent coat hangars, and located the pipe, it was not where the City map said it was, but the pipe and leak were just under where the hangars crossed, i gave the hangars to my Neighbor, and they would not move  in his hands over the target site, so it is  a function of the Dowser and the Willow sticks, or coat hangars or the pendulum.
  I have also used Dowsing to locate hidden stashes of cash in houses, on occasion.
  Feefty

honeyman76

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »
Dowsing, is on of those things in life, that I would love to experience. Seeing is beleiving. I can't say that it is science because science in my mind, provides repeatable results. There for, my conclusion is, that dowsing, goes beyond science and is a phenomena. Why do I say this, because, one person it works, but not the next. There is more going on here then simple magnetism. Can someone please post a personal experinece where they learned to dowse? Maybe provide advise. Again, after seeing my step brother and dad do it, I have always found it frustrating that I couldn't.

cheers

Offline Toppossum

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 2
  • He who hesitates waits.
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 11:17:56 AM »
Dwayne

Don't be disheartened by your lack of skills dowsing, for some people it requires a lot of practice, or a good mentor.  I look at the skill as being on par with musical ability.  Some people are musical prodigies and others can't carry a tune in a bucket, but musical ability cannot be denied.  Most people have to practice a lot to acquire the ability to play a musical instrument well.  In my opinion it is the same with dowsing.  The more you practice the sooner your skill will improve, however you could be one of those unfortunate people who is dowsing (tone) deaf.  Keep practicing and try different methods, rods, branches, etc. it won't hurt and it will give your neighbours something to talk about.  ;D

Toppossum

P.S - Did you know the German Navy used dowsers with pendulums to locate Allied convoys for their submarines to attack during WWII?

Offline Dubya

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Calgary
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »
When I was a teenager, my Dad wanted to drill a new well for his new shop, he called two different neighbours.  They came over at different times and neither one talked to the other one.  What was really amazing was that they both picked the same spot.  The one neighbour even told my Dad how deep.  Dad was confident enough in their skills that he had the well drilled where they said.  It was a good well within about 10 feet of the depth that was predicted.  I tried it and nothing.  But when I held the willow stick and the one neighbour put his hands over my, I swear I could feel the stick pull over the site.  I absolutely can not explain it, I can not even come up with a theory as to how it works, but I have seen it and for those gifted few, it works.