collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

BCGQC

Dot Guests: 117 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129928
  • stats Total Topics: 18173
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: *** New Member NOTICE ***  (Read 3480 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
*** New Member NOTICE ***
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
NOTICE

Recently we have been experiencing a large influx of new members, most of whom are not supplying the basic information required, including their 'real names.'  Member's real names are kept confidential.

As Providers and Administrators of the Forum, we require to know exactly who it is that is frequenting the site.  We hold deep concern toward protecting not only the integrity of the site from spammers and hackers, but also the security of our membership.  Therefore, it is imperative such information is provided.  That which is required, is, the member's real name, and within the Profile sector, their Gender, Age, and Location (closest city/town and the Province/State).  Very little to ask for the amenities offered.

When a new membership is opened without the qualifying information, weve no way of differentiating whether or not you are friend or foe.  Commonly, up until a few weeks ago, Id simply impose a full ban on memberships lacking this information, no questions asked.  When a ban is imposed, this then blocks that individual from entering the site under the current username or any future attempt.  While this criteria may seem harsh, it is my contention that if an individual wishes to become a member of our fine community, he or she can surely take the extra moment or two to complete their Profile accordingly.  Lately, I have reserved on the bans in the first instance, and have been messaging new members with an opportunity to comply.  However, this creates a big imposition and places undue demand on time which could be better spent on other work.  In essence, it almost resembles having to constantly baby-sit the Forum site. Changes need to be made, so I hereby seek the full cooperation of all new members to comply with our fundamental requirements.

Notice to All New and Recently New Members

Where you had not already submitted your real name upon signing up, there now exists no facility to reenter that sector, thus, the only method to now supply such is via  a personal email to myself at [email protected].   I will then marry the ID information with your member account and move same from the Probationary Log to Full-Member-Status.  In doing so, also place your Member Name in the Subject Line of your email.  Rest assured, this information remains confidential and is not tendered to a third party without the explicit consent of the member.  Thence reenter your Profile and complete the Gender, Age and Location sectors.

Commencing this Saturday, January 15, 2011 (0001 hours) I will be reviewing all new accounts created since November 1, 2010 those lacking the basic information (as noted above), and of whom has signed in following the post of this message, will simply be banned and deleted.  Please rest assured, I, nor anyone else, would wish to see that, so kindly comply.

Thanks you.

Larry
GPEX Admin
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline dakotadigger

• Province/State: Custer South Dakota
  • Kudos: 1
    • Rob's forum & mining pics: feel free to comment
Re: Notice For All New and Recently New Members
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »
Thanks Larry for that info

Offline TK0043

• Province/State: Colorado
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Notice For All New and Recently New Members
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »
Simply email your real name to me at [email protected] and then enter your rpofile to add your Gender, Age and Location (closest town/city/State/Province).

Thanks for your cooperation.

Larry

I honestly don't remember if I entered my name when i signed up or not, however I will be glad to if I didn't. Looking at my profile, it shows my position as Member. Does this mean I'm good? If not I will send you an email with the relevant information.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Re: *** New Member NOTICE ***
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »

Refreshed For New Member Viewing
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one