GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: CaribooAu - Tuesday, 15 April 2014 21:57
Hey all.....#12 The Gold Prospector MINER or BUST is up and running.....some good gold as well.. Yahoo!!
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

April 20, 2014, 08:00:03 PM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Portable Hazardous Location Lighting
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fine gold separation  (Read 11069 times)
heartlander27
Trade Count: (0)

United States United States

Province/ State: Nebraska

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 06:26:20 AM »

Howdy everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I wanted to give Kudos to the creators of the site great job!!! Im originally from Minnesota but live in Nebraska. Folks around here ask me if Im from Canada, so i should fit right in... LOL (never knew I had an accent until I moved to NE)

Ive been over on the GPAA site and there is a lot of talk about the Miller table. Ive been thinking about buying a piece of slate to give it a go. I wonder which would work better, cleangold or slate(miller table). Or it could be about the same?

juu907
PPT Invited

Province/ State: alaska

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 15

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 07:22:06 AM »

heartlander27; there is a lot of info on miller tables on the forum. garyww being our guru on them. just enter the subject in the search box and you will find a lot to read up on them.  Wave  jerry
gypsy
PPT Invited

Gold is easier to find than it is to keep

Province/ State: oklahoma

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 09:20:22 AM »

It seemed to me that he gave me enough info to get me started. I checked out the Clean Gold prospector, on his website, and it was intriguing to say the least. I emailed him for more info and am waiting on his reply now. What he was getting at was that this device he has or sells, somehow separates the finer gold from the rest of the junk. Which is what I was looking for all along. Check out his website, I just entered Clean Gold prospector in aol's search engine and in the results I found The Fossiker's website.
Keep an eye on the gold
the gypsy

Gold is much easier to find than it is to keep.

PlacerPal

Canada Canada

Province/ State: B.C.

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 34

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who report forum related errors

My 30 day Activity
0%

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 09:45:48 AM »

Gypsy,

While the Clean Gold system does seem to do well on certain types of fine gold bearing
material, the Clean Gold system needs magnetic iron or Magnetite in the black sand to
function correctly. The magnetic areas in the Clean Gold concentrator grab the magnetic
iron and create a sort of riffle or dam for the gold to collect against. Without the Magnetite
in the black sand concentrates, the Clean Gold concentrator will gather no gold.

Also, once the magnetic black sands collect the fine gold, the gold is now tied up with
the black sands and further separation is needed either by panning in one of the gold
pans or some other system.

Maybe you are wanting a Miller Table? It does a marvelous job separating the fine gold
from the black sands and other material. Then you simply brush the fine gold into a pile
on the dry table and scoop it into your container. Or when the table and gold are wet,
you can snuffer up the gold.

Miller Tables are simple to make and I use them myself. Any fine or flour gold the table
cannot collect or could not be panned, chemical leaching would be the final solution.  Yes

Panning
goldmann

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »

CleanGold
"While the Clean Gold system does seem to do well on certain types of fine gold bearing material, the Clean Gold system needs magnetic iron or Magnetite in the black sand to function correctly. The magnetic areas in the Clean Gold concentrator grab the magnetic iron and create a sort of riffle or dam for the gold to collect against. Without the Magnetite in the black sand concentrates, the Clean Gold concentrator will gather no gold."

Thank you both for the information about CleanGold matting. YES I also want to know more about CleanGold matting as well. They have their own website, just add com on the end of CleanGold. I heard from someone it is magnetic sign material that needs to be loaded with magnetic Black Sand before it catches gold. Some people carry Black Sand with them to purposely add it. If I understand right the Black Sand caught on the magnetic area kind of combs the gold and acts like a riffle.

Has anyone ever actually used / tried CleanGold matting-sluices?? I would like to know more information about it please if anyone has one??

Thank you.
The Fossicker
CGPF Sponsor

Province/ State: Washington

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 6

Awards Forum Sponsor

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »

Howdy All,
Well here we go again. I thought I have explained the Cleangold System before on previous Threads, but it looks like it has to be done once again, so let's get to it. First off, without giving the house away, I will explain how it works. Yes it is a magnetic system that uses Magnetite as it's catcher. If you don't have any Magnetite, it is easily retrieved from most soils and sands and can be stored by the user.  The system sets up small riffles, but it does more than that - it has depth as well. Much of the heavies (Gold, Platinum, etc,) is swallowed into the Magnetite's deep layer so you don't even see most of it until it gets saturated which is a considerable amount of heavies. Cleanup is fairly easy if you know how, and panning what remains is easily done as well. As some of you have seen, there are different types of Sluice shapes we make for different applications. You mention the Miller Table - I spent 2 years working on a new idea for a Miller Tale type device. When I first saw the Cleangold System work it took me about 30 seconds to drop 2 years of research and go with the Cleangold. Let's put it this way, can a Miller Table do 10 pounds of Black Sand a Minute and collect up to 90% of the gold? The Miller Table is fine if you want to play around, but if you want to process some serious amounts of material, Cleangold is the way to do it and it is very economical as well. In one of the Threads  on the Forum someone said to me that Cleangold is nothing but a piece of Aluminum with Magnetic Material stuck in it. I agreed with them saying "Your right and you know what - A Standard Sluice is nothing but a piece of Aluminum with metal stuck in it. The point is that it isn't  only the material that makes it work, its the knowledge of how to use it and the techniques. Another interesting point about Cleangold is that it will work all day long in 100% Black Sand and never clog. You can shovel about a ton an hour of material through our Economy Sluice and that's on a recreational level. We make Systems that will handle commercial amounts of material as well. Cleangold is being sold all over the World - mostly to commercial setups. Why don't you see it more offten here in North America? Because we are still talking about Miller Tables and such and not paying attention to what's in front of us. My hats off to the rest of the World! Now I know I'm going to get slammed for this Thread, but I say "Bring it on!" I'm ready to stand on what I know.  Are there any takers? Cheers.

The Fossicker

Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

lsfog
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »

Fossiker -- way to go for standing behind your product -- I have neither a Cleangold or table -- I'm still panning my finals.
IMHO there are pluss's and minus's to every piece of gear, so for anyone to strafe you and yours just shows a shortsighted view point.
PlacerPal

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 34

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who report forum related errors

My 30 day Activity
0%

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »

Good explanation Dennis and - there ain't any slamming going on here.
If there is, the Editor in Chief will gentle close the door.  Grin

It is very true that the regular size Miller Table could never do 10 lbs of
black sand per minute. But a 4 ft x 8 ft Miller Table with 8 ft being the
width and the 4 ft being the flow direction surely could do so.

Another positive for the Miller Table is that one does not need magnetic
black sands in the cons. Blond sands will do nicely, and one does not have
to fetch or buy magnetic black sand for the table.

But the best feature is the separation of fine gold down to 300 mesh size from the
black sand. The black and or blond sands are gone. No further panning or need for
a gold recovery device. And that is the feature I like best because I dislike panning!
One can take the pay dirt from the gold pan or other concentrator right to the Miller Table.
And one can classify to 20 or 30 mesh at the diggings with bucket, etc. classifiers and then
recover clean gold and platinum if  present less the black sands and garnets.

One disadvantage of using the Miller Table I noticed from watching videos of people
using their tables, is that rarely do the people know how to use the Miller Table. It
does take some practice and good management.

I did put up some pictures under the Miller Table threads showing clean fine gold on
my Miller Table, but they disappeared when our pictures and files were mischievously
deleted. I will try to find them and post them again.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am sure the Clean Gold system has it use.
And of course a Miller Table could never be used in a large commercial operation.
At least I don't think so.  Thinking

Panning    Smiley

New user

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Forum Sponsor Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »

I might be wrong, but I believe the Clean gold system is mainly for fine gold??? not flake or coarse gold, so that if one was looking at using the Clean gold system, one would need to classify the materials being feed into the sluice(Clean Gold down to Huh? 20 mesh or fine??? Not sure, on this but maybe Fossicker could enligthen me, don't really see running pebbles and rocks over a miller table either, that more what you do in a sluice box with riffles, in order to capture the fine gold and concentrates, and then maybe run them over a Miller or Clean Gold Table/sluice.........Guest

The Fossicker
CGPF Sponsor

Province/ State: Washington

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 6

Awards Forum Sponsor

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »

Howdy Greywolf,
Happy New Year! When working with the Cleangold System you should classify your gravels first for best results, but then again, most Systems work best with classified material. What I consider "large" with Cleangold would be 1/4" mesh. I go from that size down to 1/16" mesh usually. I consider small gold starting at around 50 mesh and goes down from there. Usually when I'm playing around with gold 1/4" or larger, I use a different Sluice setup other than just Cleangold. I think a System that can work in environments other Sluices can't and handle 4 mesh down to "I can't see it anymore" gold, isn't too bad. I use my Cleangold Sluice In Rivers and Black Sand Beaches as well. If there is gold to be had, it has so far, never failed me and I almost always bring home something in my bottle. Cheers.

The Fossicker

Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: