GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: CaribooAu - Tuesday, 15 April 2014 21:57
Hey all.....#12 The Gold Prospector MINER or BUST is up and running.....some good gold as well.. Yahoo!!
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

April 24, 2014, 11:00:07 PM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Metal Detectors
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fine gold separation  (Read 11134 times)
gypsy
PPT Invited
Trade Count: (0)

Gold is easier to find than it is to keep

United States United States

Province/ State: oklahoma

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: December 31, 2010, 08:48:59 PM »

Hi gang, long time gone but now I have a question. I have a bowl full of fine concentrates, 100 mesh or smaller, that has a lot of fine gold in it. I can see tiny specks about the same size as the sand, but have no idea how to remove it. I have tried panning and using a blue bowl, but nothing works. It all washes over the side. I have used Jet Dry and that doesn't help at all. I'm thinking of using mercury but am not quite ready to stoop to such drastic measures yet. Any of you old timers out there got any suggestions, or you younger whippersnappers too, I would sure appreciate hearing from you.
Thanx
the gypsy

Gold is much easier to find than it is to keep.

bakergeol

Province/ State: Colorado

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
2%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:09:12 AM »

Hi gang, long time gone but now I have a question. I have a bowl full of fine concentrates, 100 mesh or smaller, that has a lot of fine gold in it. I can see tiny specks about the same size as the sand, but have no idea how to remove it. I have tried panning and using a blue bowl, but nothing works. It all washes over the side. I have used Jet Dry and that doesn't help at all. I'm thinking of using mercury but am not quite ready to stoop to such drastic measures yet. Any of you old timers out there got any suggestions, or you younger whippersnappers too, I would sure appreciate hearing from you.
Thanx
the gypsy

There is no cheap way to do this and  I am inclined to say to you to let it go if you are dealing with small amounts of ultra fine gold. Leaching is an  expensive option also.

If you had paying qualities of gold I would recommend a wave table like I have.

The small particles are  300 mesh amagalmated gold(a penny for scale)- This was from -1/4 inch classified material.
Gene Hagaman sells these in the ICMJ under micro pulse table- $1695. I don't know what size it is as the one pictured above I bought from him for $1300. His production models are usually under $2000. I did modify his somewhat but the mods are very quick to add on to. You are not going to find a cheaper or more effective table than this.

I ran the tailings from a Dam bowl and a Utech table over this table and was shocked by the amount of ultra fine gold loss there was.

George

GPEX admin
Administrator

Larry

Canada Canada

Province/ State: British Columbia

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 44

Awards Awarded to members who go above and beyond Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
76%

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »

Sounds like ‘floaters’ seems to be the major problem.  Establish whether or not your water supply is contaminated with an oily substance, however minor.  For panning, maybe use straight hard water from another source (a well, not a municipal water supply), then add your Jet Dry to the water – thence, ever so gently pour the Jet Dry water into your pan with cons - - which should eliminate the floating factor.  If persistent, tap your pan a bit.  Then maybe try PlacerPal’s recipe, add a tea spoon of sugar to the mix, and watch the gold rush to grab arms with each other.  Once you get the whole family together, it’s much easier to then coax them out as a group.  And less time consuming.  Oh…. don’t chuck the black sand either, amass that until enough to warrant further processing.

Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

bakergeol

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
2%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »

Here is an interesting video about the Gold Lab which is basically a blue bowl setup.

Beach Gold Mining

It has several commericals but it is a good video. Take note of how the material was added
to the bowl as well as the "pluffing" techniques at the end of the runs.

They were not able to concentrate ultra fine gold with the blue bowl but they used a mini vibrator sluice below to catch some ultra fines.

Really the best blue bowl setup I have seen.

But at $1000 it is expensive.

GEORGE

Detectorman

Canada Canada

Province/ State: BC

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »

That is a good video bakergeol... thanks for posting it.

The culvert has me very interested.

Has anyone on the forum tried processing the stuff inside drainage culverts ?

Gold is where you find it.

I found mine in the parks and schoolyards of the Lower Mainland.
goldmann

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »

I think a homemade Miller table is the cheapest way to separate out that fine gold. Also you must pre-screen before hand and buy a small cheap(about $30) 12 volt bilge pump to run it in a recirculating system. Search on how to make a Miller Table.

I would rather buy a wave table(about $600 more) than the gold lab.

GEORGE(bakergeol) you said, "you are not going to find a cheaper or more effective table than this. I don't know what size it is as the one pictured above I bought from him for $1300." Is that one Gene Hagaman sells on the ICMJ under micro pulse table- $1695 better than the RP4 or the other wave table sold at Action Mining ?

bakergeol

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
2%

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »

I think a homemade Miller table is the cheapest way to separate out that fine gold. Also you must pre-screen before hand and buy a small cheap(about $30) 12 volt bilge pump to run it in a recirculating system. Search on how to make a Miller Table.

I would rather buy a wave table(about $600 more) than the gold lab.

GEORGE(bakergeol) you said, "you are not going to find a cheaper or more effective table than this. I don't know what size it is as the one pictured above I bought from him for $1300." Is that one Gene Hagaman sells on the ICMJ under micro pulse table- $1695 better than the RP4 or the other wave table sold at Action Mining ?
I modified my small wave table  from Gene's original model. My small wave table
It has been 7 months since I talked to him so I don't know what his current model looks like.
The Utech table which I ran stuff thru  is an earlier version of the RP4 table.  For regular shaker tables a lot is dependent on operator skill and classification.  For the Utech table I used -1/4 inch material which was classified to -17 mesh on the screen on the table. I ran it nearly flat with low water flow trying to recover just the black sand. I ended up with about 70% black sand and 30% blond(quartz) sand which was really a lot of concentrate. I ran this super concentrate on my table as well as the -1/4 inch tailings on my small wave table. The Utech really did a fine job with an estimated 30%- 300 mesh fine gold loss. The losses were only in this mesh size range. Compared to the Dam Bowl which was 90% 300 mesh gold loss with losses up to 100 mesh it was a good test for a regular shaker table. I figured the Utech table would have done better if extreme classification -100 mesh was employed. However, I don't feel that you are not going to get a good clean 300 mesh concentrate from my Utech table as I can from my small wave table.
No question my small wave table is superior in gold recovery to the Utech but a lot slower.

Regarding Action Mining tables- it is hard to say. I have owned and used an M-7 table but I would have to compare runs side by side particularly with -1/4 inch material. The action seems different on Hagaman's table- more robust.  Gene should have followed Action Minings lead and constructed the table tops of plastic instead of steel. I have had to repaint the table top many times. It would also cut down on the weight. However, my guess the Micro pulse table is actually the same size as the M-7 table? but $4000 cheaper. Gene menitioned that his production model was 100lbs lighter than an M-7 which would make it 250lbs. As I had previously owned a 350lb monster M-7 table I wanted something more manageable in weight so I got the small wave table which was 120lbs. If the table top had been composed of plastic instead of steel it probably would have cut the weight back another 30 or 40lbs.

George

gypsy
PPT Invited

Gold is easier to find than it is to keep

Province/ State: oklahoma

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 02:24:43 PM »

Thanx for all the great suggestions, boys. I am on a limited budget tho so tables and such are a bit out of my range. But I am intrigued by that bit about adding a teaspoon of sugar to the mix. Is that for real or just leg pullin'? If I get what you said, I should put my dry cons in water that already has jet dry in it, then add the sugar? Please let me know the exact procedure if you would.
Thanx for you suggestions
the gypsy

Gold is much easier to find than it is to keep.
The Fossicker
CGPF Sponsor

Province/ State: Washington

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 6

Awards Forum Sponsor

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »

Howdy All,
All of this talk about Tables, Blue Bowl Gadgets an all is quite interesting, but quite expensive for getting the job done. If you ever have read my Posts on this Forum, I have stated more than once that I typically pan 100 to 200 and less mesh gold with my $20.00 Maverick Finishing Pan. As far as getting your fine or micro gold out of your concentrates, a Cleangold Prospector $45.00 or Cleangold Trough $85.00 will do it just fine with a recovery rate of 75-90% of the gold. If you want a higher % then just pass your concentrates through twice. It has even beat a Centrifuge by 5%. But if you like spending lots of money, don't let me stop you. Cheers.

The Fossicker

Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

Wil
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: British Columbia

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
4%

Awards