collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 156 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130854
  • stats Total Topics: 18307
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: NEW processing GOLD PAN on the market. (Pyramid Pro Pan)  (Read 51132 times)

VikingSniper

Re: NEW processing GOLD PAN on the market. (Pyramid Pro Pan)
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »
Very well said Arkie...Yeah MADE IN U.S.A. a rare thing these days and Dennis hand makes the pans  {cool^sign}
so a personal touch to his product unlike these mass produced pans that are just another number.

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »
Howdy Gang,
Went out beach sluicing today and got zip! Win some, lose some....   I though I should mention to everyone that Tiny Tim visited me the other day and told me I should lower my price on the Pyramid Pro Pan for the Holidays or he may turn me into a Scrooge! No one wants to be that so for the Holidays (sound the trumpets,)I am knocking off $20.00 American on the Pyramid Pro Pan price!!! Since shipping costs so much now days this should give some of you a breather on your budget in these hard times. Arkie is right about designing and producing a product. There is a lot more involved in making a product happen than most people think. When I do the gold shows to sell my pan, there is always someone in the crowd that will say "I can make one of those." When I hear this I usually say "be my guest!" I make a profit on what I sell, but it will be sometime, if ever, that you'll see me in a Bentley with a driver!! Wouldn't that be fun.....

EU Citzen. Thanks for the photos of your pan. I believe the origin for that style of gold pan comes to us from Finland which is one of your neighbors. I think they designed this style for serious time contests which they did very well at. The few that I've seen are usually brightly multi colored and are a rare sight here in America. The pan I thought you had is somewhat shaped like a Chinese wok with a dimple depression in the bottom. I tried one of these when I was in New Zealand. It was a home made unit made of fiber glass. The professional one is made of Aluminum and is quite popular with many folks in the EU for river panning and competition as well. The fellow who taught me was from Switzerland and considered to be a top gun panner. I personally found this style of pan awkward to handle and the learning curve to be considerable. Nevertheless, those who take the time to master the technique seem to fare well. My production pan of choice is of course the Pyramid Pro Pan and my finishing pan of choice is the Square Pan which I am producing my own version of at the end of this year. My qualifications for producing a new type of square pan is that I have used and taught them to others since 1991. I really know how they work so I took out all of the problems inherent to this type of design and made it even better. More about this at the end of this year so stay tuned....

The Fossicker
Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

Offline Eu_citzen

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Sweden
  • Kudos: 4
  • Geologists make the Bedrock!
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »
I have tried the square pan also, LeTrap to be exact. Also a good finishing pan. <-good_>
I think they are close only the Letrap can be filled with more dirt per round of panning though when you know the Ferrari you really don't worry much about the gold, you have an idea of where it is hiding. (which is usally in the middle) you really just scoop in more dirt and pan it out then add another scoop...

Yes it is quite bulky and has a odd kinda feeling to it when your a newbie with it, but just take your time
 -- This you have to do with ANY pan in my opinion.
So yes there is a learning curve and I think it is well worth it. I am not trough the learning curve myself yet.

I think you are referring to a Batea
Pic example

I have heard two theories where this kinda pan design comes from; Sweden or Finland.
 I am not sure though which one it really comes from.

I really don't have a production pan myself, I use sluices that i make myself for that.
But I figure a (production) pan is by far easier to carry then a sluice. I do travel off every now and then to prospect new spots.
The rear end of a trilobite is called a trilobutt.

Offline EggyOG

• Province/State: Sheboygan Falls, WI
  • Kudos: 0
    • Great Lakes Prospector
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »
Any idea if the Pyramid Pro Pan would be considered a pan by the State of Indiana?  The state park in the southern portion of the state only allows you to use a gold pan and hand trowel.d  They confiscate anything illegal, fine you, and take away your panning permit.  I know a lot of people who would be interested if they knew for sure that this pan was considered a pan in Indiana.
Michael Ogea
Great Lakes Prospector

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
Howdy EggyOG,
When I first finished the Pyramid Pro Pan I had the same thought as you so I took it to Smoky Bear and asked him "What would you call this device?" The answer I received was "It's a gold pan." I said "Thank you sir." This was here in the State of Washington.  A pan does not have to be round or square or whatever including a frying pan. Just because the Pyramid Pro Pan is probably 10 times faster than standard pans does not disqualify it as a gold pan. What about the riffles? Most modern gold pans have some type of riffle system. Just because the Pyramid Pro Pan has riffles that appear to look like a sluice does not change anything other then that they stick out more than most pan riffle designs. If I were you, take a picture of the Pyramid Pro Pan to your local Smoky Bear Quarters and ask them what they think. If you receive a negative respose let me know who or what agency disagrees and I'll take them on personally. Frankly I don't think you'll get any flack, but checking with the man/woman who run the show doesn't hurt plus you'll make new friends in high places!!

The Fossicker

Offline gypsy

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kellyville, oklahoma, USA
  • Gold is easier to find than it is to keep
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »
Howdy Fossicker, The Gypsy here. I just watched one of your videos about the Pyramid Pro Pan, and was suitably impressed. Not only did you retrieve your 10 pickers, but you picked up some smaller gold as well. I appears that you have a possible winner there. Unfortunately, I don't live in an area where gold would be found so it would be useless for me to get one. But good luck with it though. As I said, I am impressed.
the gypsy
Gold is much easier to find than it is to keep.

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
Howdy Gypsy,
Thanks for the compliments. One thought though - just where do you live? There are only a few places that don't have any gold. Next to Iron, Gold is probably one of the most commonly spread metals on earth. The reason it isn't found in many areas is that it hasn't had the right conditions to condense into a recoverable amount, but it's there in some form.  I usually travel 30 to 150 miles for gold and once in awhile I'll go further if I hear of something special. The Pyramid Pro Pan helps me find places where the gold is or isn't. The motto of the Pyramid Pro Pan is "If it isn't in your Pyramid Pro Pan, it just isn't there." That's talking about gold down to the size of squinting to see it stuff. Are you sure there's no gold around you?

The Fossicker

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
would not that the pyramid pan be able to concentrate gemstones such as garnets and saphires there fossiker?
It would be usefull for prospecting for other valuable heavy metals other than gold,right?

Offline Fraitzl

• PPT Invited
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 04:19:32 PM »
That sounds like a great idea for a pan off some were this summer.
We all get together with a big BBQ and play in the dirt and at the same time
we can test all the different items from pans to detectors.
I like the concept of the Pro pan it make almost impossible to loose the gold as long it is worked down
into the round area.

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »
Howdy Rockpup,
Yes you can get gems in the Pyramid Pro Pan though I have not tested to just how well it does for them. I commonly get garnets in fair amounts which tells me it should gather other gems of the same weight. What I'm not sure of is how many got away. Perhaps this year I'll have the time to run controlled tests to answer that question.

The Fossicker

Gear Pan
Gold Rat