collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 146 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130835
  • stats Total Topics: 18307
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: NEW processing GOLD PAN on the market. (Pyramid Pro Pan)  (Read 51129 times)

VikingSniper

Re: NEW processing GOLD PAN on the market.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »
I think with that violent action would statify the gravel in (liquid state)and all the gold would sink to the bottom.
Fossicker how well does it recover diamonds and gem stones?

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »
Howdy Viking Sniper,
When I demonstrate the Pyramid Pro Pan at the gold shows I put some no. #8 fishing shot(about the same gravity as gems) that has been flattened with a hammer into the gravel. The reason I do this is to show the people that if there are gems in the gravel mix they will also be in your Pyramid Pro Pan along with the gold, that is if there is any gold and gems together. The trick is that you must have the knowledge to be able to identify raw gems which most people haven't a clue about. I'm sure that many folks have thrown out more values from their pan then they ever got in gold.

The Fossicker

Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

Offline MephistoCat

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »
Welcome Fossicker!  dont mind my gentle good humored sarcasm! its because i need to ge tout panning and am stuck in the city for the last two weeks!

thanks for the presentation!

8)
used to be Mephisto here.........now im back as MephistoCat!

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
Howdy Mephisto,
When you finally get out of the big city to do some panning, do it with a Pyramid Pro Pan! Good luck and good gold my friend.

The Fossicker
Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

Offline deserdog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: USA California
  • Kudos: 4
  • On the creek,, moving some material!
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 11:18:42 PM »
Seems to me the specific gravity of lead is a little over 11, while the specific gravity of most gems is between 3 and 4, with garnets being a little higher. And the grizzly gold pan does work well in real river conditions. I have used it in many rivers in California and Tennessee. I do not know how fast the pyrimad pro pan can process material, but I can process a bucket of material through the grizzly pan in a little over 5 minutes. And this is bank run material. Any rocks that I don't like to put through the grizzly, I still scrub off in another bucket. Because rocks with clay on them have gold lots of the time. The only draw pback the grizzly has is the plug. But since using 2 bungie cor s across the bottom, I have never lost the plug. Now for the advantages. The grizzly is much lighter, empty and when processing material. It is only $13.00, not $120+. You can use the grizzly pan in much shallower water than the pyrimid pro pan. You can also use a technique I learned from watching a lotok being used( a lotiok looks sot of like a bigger grizzly gold pan, but made out of wood) After running a bucket through the grizzly gold pan, you can hold at one end, agitate and wash out most of the lighter blond sand until you only have a very small amount of concentrates left. the grizzly pan is definitely not a toy, and you can move some serious material with one.
Cannot find if you do not look!

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »
Maybe the manufators of the grizzly pan should consider selling the pan with 3 extra plugs.I know myself I am good at losing things.If I lose that plug I have a 20 dollar sand castle mold.With the other pan I can buy a replacement. This does seem like a great pan, but what if you do lose the plug? I havnt seen them sold seperatly.What type of plastic is it made of? How wells would it work in -15c and colder enviroment? I dont think that the grizzly pan would hold up and shatter in cold where as the pro pan with what it is made of would not shatter.I think the grizzly is a good pan but needs improving to make it great pan.You could make it out of the material fossiker uses. You could offer differant sizes? you could sell a replacement plug.

VikingSniper

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 07:26:37 AM »
The main reason I like the pyramid pro pan is for GOLD and PLATINUM so diamonds and gems would be a bonus,
and the handles and rigid constuction.I have noticed alot of gold pans I buy have a sharp edge and when your
hands are waterlogged it doesn't take much to cut you badly,so I have to fix almost every pan I buy.
Garrett and pyramid pro pan and few others have been the only companys that understand this to date.
I would also like to add that pyramid is a back saver due to the unique handle design.

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
Speaking of edge's of pan's.What does one perfer a rounded edge or a straight sharp edge.American pans and austrilian pans differ.I would assume differant countires would have differant style of pans according to the conditions the gold is found in.Some would be better for dry panning then others ect.Does the grizzly pan have a sharp straight edge or a rounded edge?Same goes for the pyramid pan what are the edges like. Does anyone think edge design might play a role in better gold retrieval.

VikingSniper

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »
Oh for sure it does just look at 15" super sluice and other Garrett pans with Roy Lagals 90 degree riffle design.
I like pyramids riffles as well, pretty hard for gold to get out.
Oops I think you mis understood rockpup the edge I was talking about is this one.

Offline Ghoti

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »
What is the point of the plug in the bottom. I watched video and read the instructions and  don't see any advantage of having a plug. While you unplug to get cons from pan how is that better than just dumping cons into another pan?

Gear Pan
Gold Rat