collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

garnetsootheran

Dot Guests: 154 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12975
  • stats Total Posts: 130229
  • stats Total Topics: 18220
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Who Has - Who Hasn't - Who Wants To ?  (Read 5765 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Who Has - Who Hasn't - Who Wants To ?
« on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »

So….. how many prospectors using detectors in chasing precious metals, also partakes in and enjoys, treasure hunting?

And how many gold detector owners who never have hunted for treasures, but hold strong desire to?

Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline BioBert

• Province/State: QC
  • Kudos: 0
  • Dig till it hurts
Re: Who Has - Who Hasn't - Who Wants To ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't taken out the Scorpion in a little while....and when I did it was only on my claims.

I haven't used it for treasure hunting but I'm sure I'll get around to it some day.

Offline WorkinHard

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
My Gold Bug 2 should be here within the next week or so and I'm planning to do both with it.
I used to have a minelab Excalibur 2 that was waterprof up to 200 feet.
Took it snorkeling at the beach but only found a bit of change and some beer cans.

Offline Detectorman

• Province/State: Surrey BC
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:49:55 PM »
I am kind of the reverse Larry... have been a treasurehunter and now want to try my hand at prospecting.

I have been metal detecting since March 2009 and have so far found 19 Gold rings, 8 or 9 other Gold items, one platinum ring and numerous bits of silver.

Can't wait to try my detectors on the gold fields of the Cariboo... hopefully next year.

Gold is where you find it.

I found mine in the parks and schoolyards of the Lower Mainland.

Offline MadKate

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
When I get my DFX in, I want to do both.

Offline Harold

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »
GPEX, I think you have asked a reasonable question here :)  Myself I love Gold Prospecting and have made a great find the day we discovered a major Gold Vein. Here is my problem. I researched many hours to locate this untouched Gold vein we found and during my research I also took note of some very worthwhile places lost treasures are possibly at. Up to this point in time I have not visited the areas I got sidetracked on while trying to pinpoint a Gold Vein but....I know with 98% certinty that when I do get to these few locations there will be treasure within a quarter mile of my X marks the spot on my mental map! This treasure is left hidden by the Indians who had no banking system and only the Chief and the "medicine man" knew its location as the whole tribe did the work, The "medicine man" hid the cach and in the end they were killed off but left behind the general locations without telling it all outright! Maybe crazy but take a look at my Gold Vein that lays right smack dab in the middle of the road that gets driven over everyday and yet after many many years no one had found it! Man you done got me excited again GPEX! THANKS!!!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

And I'm excited for you too.... in both dimensions.  <-yahoo_>

Your Road Gold stands to demonstrate how inattentive most folks really are, and sends out a broad message that there still remains good gold to be found - and for folks to simply open Thy eyes.   <-hypnotized->  :o 

Re: your Legend research, am wishing you the greatest success with that too.  However, in light of the vein you found, and its close proximity to your calculated cache sites, do keep your own eyes open and your detector buzzing for other surficial showings in the general vicinity.

And get that ground STAKED !

Another word of advice, ensure that a family member or other fully-trusted person, knows of the locations, in case anything ever happened to you before you could investigate further.  Otherwise it would fall back into another treasure tale somebody else would be telling.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Golddigger Greg

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
I have feeling that pothole is gonna get real large! Better bring 'Phil' with you every trip! [&whistle#]

Offline Harold

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »
golddiggergreg that pothole gets deep and wide then amazingly gets smoothed right back out :) and GPEX my prospecting partner knows right where this is and she is the only one I trust with it beings it is her and her 2 childrens future! You are so right telling people there is more Gold out there to be found. The legend treasures I am seeking are in another state then the Gold Vein is and will not be long untill I go see if my instincts are right after a tad bit more research. My only stumbling block is my job requires that I remain on call 24/7 but I sneak away at times to prospect and also bring ore home lol. Good Luck everyone in your prospecting and treasue hunting adventures!

Offline Eu_citzen

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Sweden
  • Kudos: 4
  • Geologists make the Bedrock!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 03:46:03 AM »
Started prospecting - then went treasure hunting.
Tried a few times using the metal detector to check rock samples but never got any fun out of it.

So now I use prospecting equipment for prospecting and metal detector for treasure hunting.
The rear end of a trilobite is called a trilobutt.