collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 144 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12975
  • stats Total Posts: 130229
  • stats Total Topics: 18220
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold Cube Technology  (Read 209855 times)

Offline PrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2019, 11:05:02 AM »
Absolutely love the Cube for cleanup...... couldn't imagine using it as i use my highbanker tho....

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 72
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2019, 02:49:54 PM »
As I understand it, The Cube was originally thought of as a way to process classified concentrates generated from some other piece of equipment (say, a highbanker, sluice box, dredge or such).  The tiny sized Gold in the Arkansas River was the 'Object of the Exercise" and "The Cube Guys" did a magnificent job!   [-1st-]           

The brunt of the work was done by the primary recovery equipment, meaning that a fair range of sizes could be run through the box without having to classify ALL the run material.  Lots of material run through the primary unit left just concentrates be finally processed.

Once the clean-out of the primary box was completed then the +1/8" was hand panned (relatively fast and easy) while the -1/8 was run through the cube.  The cube was fast and operated easily in reducing the -1/8" to a very small volume with a very high % of Gold to black sands.  Then minimal hand panning was all that was left and a strong magnet (like a Neodymium magnet) made just Gold the final product.

Then, miners wanted a way to convert the concentrate cleaner into a highbanker , and later into a trommel. 

Yes, the "Cube Guys" successfully created the equipment that was asked for - but the dynamics were now predisposed to be used in a very small, slow and controlled operation.  That was fine for some but not-so-good for others.

In my opinion, for me and where I work, The Cube is a valuable tool in hyper-concentrating previously recovered concentrates with very small Gold.  For others, the "one stop shopping" modifications are just what they were looking for - and so - no one is right and no-one is wrong.  Win-Win!   {cool^sign}

Like ALL equipment - there is a certain range of input parameters that The Cube requires to work efficiently.  Too fast or too much water or input material can "Goober-Up" the system and, like any gravity system, pass some Gold right through it. 

Beware well intentioned, but sneaky-bad  "Goobering"!

Joe

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Gear Pan
Gold Rat