collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dhodgins

Dot Guests: 143 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12966
  • stats Total Posts: 130017
  • stats Total Topics: 18185
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold Cube Technology  (Read 208221 times)

Offline goldmann

• Kudos: 1
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
Thank you Mike Pung, and also a great report K0diak! Keep us informed on how it goes K0diak.

Offline gambler85gw

• New user
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
I am a new member (today)  I hate to through cold water on the gold cube but only 1% loss???  I am 79 years old and did a little prospecting in Canada just across the border from tok Alaska.  I lived in Alaska for about 30 years. I know off no equipment with a 99% capture.  (only 1 % loss ) I now live in Arizona part time and Texas part time. I amnew to Az. dry prospecting but am going to try it as soon as i get back to Az. from Texas.  My 2 cents wort and cost nothing so probably worth that( 0   nothing)  A very good friend of mine prospected ( mined in both aLASKA AND cANAD for about 30 years.  He made a good living at it but any miner or prospector will tell you that there is no one piece of equipment that wiill get 99 % of Gold... Am i wrong guys???

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »
If one was to believe the claims of most of the folks that make gold recovery equipment be it be cubes or highbankers, or other devices, YER DEAD WRONG, but I myself am very inclined to be in total agreement with ya................... <-yes_>... <-good_>...Guest

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »
Gambler,

I'm only 15 years behind you, and been doin' it since '66, but .....

99% of all Gold, worldwide - huge nuggets to micron Gold - well I guess that I'd have to say 99%, no.

However ...............................

99% recovery within a certain mix of Gold parameters, and within certain constraints like -#8 classification, and I'd say - Heck Yes.  If not 99% then possibly only 98%.

E Towers have been in use for many years and have been quite successful, in controlled situations, as are used to work the material through the Gold Cube.  Yeah, I think that high a %age is do-able with a modern level of technology and design.

Of course, that's only my thinking.

Joe

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline k0diak

• Province/State: Lesser Slave Lake Region
  • Kudos: 3
  • AB/BC Licensed Placer Miner
    • Kinuso Hotel
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »

This past week was my first time use of the Gold Cube running local material collected this during this pre-season melt.  I did the 25gal or so of unclassified material. with a little edge of expanded to stop larger items than 1/8" of an inch going down the first trough.   Not the recommended use of the Cube, but I didn't want to sit there and pre-classify what I had down to the 1/8" screen. The little edge of expanded metal allowed me to make sure all the larger items could be well washed in the top wash plate stream of water and then pulled out clean of stick-on material. I really have to work on my rocker project to do the initial classifying, but this was an over ambitious start to my season with this first run of material.   The cube made quick work of things and had the material concentrated down to about an 1/8th of a cup of black sands and heavies.

The Cube made short work of the material I did have, and in the first tray were the few larger colors, probably between 30 to 60 mesh sized.  Then on the 2nd tray is where the really finer material was collected.   I am really looking forward to the melt completing so I can take it out for a good full day and put the cube through the paces.  But so far, I like what I am seeing.

As for 99% recovery, I think that may vary, but with this small sized first run of the season,  it seemed to live up to that kind of percentage mark.   Time will tell with regular use as to how consistent the retention levels will be.

IMHO, I like the Gold Cube, compact, easily dismantled for clean out, and can operate with a low volume of water as a recirc op.  Does it warrant the price difference between picking up something like a Le Trap Sluice?  That is something that is personal judgment call, for me, yes I think it was.  But at the same time I plan on doing a few le trap and gold cube side-by-side comparisons out in the field this season.

-k0diak

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 4
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »
Just getting back off the road, trying to get caught up on the forums. 
99% ??????   WoW I want that one!   Here's the facts as we know them.  We only did one test that we for sure could claim a percentage.  On the shores of Lake Superior Michigan we took 100 pounds of fine black sand and 100 pieces of gold that was smaller than 50 and larger than 200 mesh.  We tested about 18 different prospecting pieces of equipment.  The sand was so heavy that we had to allow over an hour for each piece tested to clear.  After the run we panned and counted each.  The best was 38 pieces of the 100.  The worst was 20.  Then we tried the Gold Cube it ran the 100 pounds in under 6 minutes and retained 98 pieces of gold.  We re-mixed the gold and ran it again in 3 minutes and got the 98 pieces again.  That in my book is 98%.  3 weeks ago we were in Arizona.  We had some real chunky gold.  On that clean-up we had 1/4 oz in the first tray, a penny weight in the second and no gold in the third.  Does that mean I got 100%?  No it does not!  It means I caught all the gold the Cube could catch in the first 2 trays, that's all.  Nothing will catch all the gold.  Some gold is so small you can't see it, you never even know you missed it.  All I can say is Gold Cube will catch more gold faster and more accurately than anything I have ever seen.  Get one for yourself and you will see as well.  You need the right tool for the right job.  Between 8 mesh and 300 Gold Cube is it!  If you are talking micron gold or nuggets, Don't look at the gold cube.  The hardest, most available gold to most miners out there is in the 8-300 range, that is why the Gold Cube came to life.  I guarantee you will miss gold, I also guarantee it will be so little, it will not be worth running the tailings to get it out.  See for yourself, Have a blast!

Mike
PS  I got a little wordy, oops

Offline TDOTPRO

• Province/State: Toronto Ontario Canada
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
looks like just a bunch of paint trays stacked up

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 4
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »
looks like just a bunch of paint trays stacked up

I wish it was a stack of paint trays, It would have saved me a ton of money for molds.  I have used the example of 3/8" thick wall plastic tray about "the size of a paint tray" before so you are per-d-smart!  Have you looked at the cutaway drawings?     Gold Cube - Gold Cube It will help you see the magic.  And the gold paint.

Mike

Offline dylan.e.mcfarlane

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
gambler85 I agree - nothing is 99% efficient that is just stupid propaganda to advertise a product. However, the gold cube concept is valid, and I would like a close look at the manufacturing and actually run some REAL tests, like what Bill the prospector did on his website with the Le Trap highbanker he made. Luckily, there are websites like this and googles and other forums where great prospectors out there do some valid independent testing.

I have worked with the Goldfield Prospector, a $6000 concentrating unit that is well built and sophisticated. I've used it both testing and running concetrates at an operating placer gold mine in the Brooks Range of Alaska. It captured an estimated 98% of the recoverable placer gold, and the seasons total that went through that box was around $700,000, so even 2% of that is sad to be lost. However recovering that last bit of gold would cost so much it would be unreasonable. I was re-running all the tailings already, so the final tails were crap full of black sands which are impossible to process economically at some point.

My point is that I havn't seen a thorough independt test published by Gold Cube, and until they or other companies begin doing that, I don't believe any crap written on their website, or editted in their videos. Still, lots of Brazilians miners use the concept of short sluice boxes piled on top of one another, and I love the idea of very quick cleanups. But for now I'm still partial to the typical sluice box design and not gizmos that are very expensive considering the cheap materials they're manufactured from.....

We should start seeing homemade Gold Cubes soon....
:)

Offline goldmann

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
Now you are the one making judgements and claims against the Gold Cube without any proof, your the pot calling the kettle black. There was already feedback and tests on the Gold Cube on other forums, many were positive with some pleased owners. The Gold Cube is not designed for individually invisible micron gold under 300 mesh, but instead for visible gold. It is good machine to clean-up for a larger operation.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat