collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 163 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12991
  • stats Total Posts: 130630
  • stats Total Topics: 18282
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold Cube Technology  (Read 212049 times)

Offline albertatrapper

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »
I bought a gold cube about 5 years ago, but was quickly disappointed when I realized I had to classify everything down to 1/8.  The next year I purchased the trommel that fits on top of the gold cube so i wouldn't need to classify anymore.

My 2 cents:

The trommel worked okay but didn't wash everything clean so I had to make my own spray bar and the little electric pump is not quite enough to wash the dirt properly so I pickup up a  1" gas pump.  Worked okay but the cube gets top heavy when you add the trommel and would tip sometimes when you shovel dirt in the hopper.  So I had to build a wooden frame to hold everything together.    The problem now is it's bulky and heavy to carry anywhere other than close to the road.  I now have to transport the cube, a stand, hoses, gas pump, gas, 12 volt battery and all the other standard stuff like shovels, pans, buckets, etc.  The other thing is any gold bigger than the 3/16" in the trommel will just roll off the end be lost.  I began designing a small sluice that attached to the wooden frame so any larger gold pieces coming off the trommel would be caught in the mat.  The water pump wasn't big enough to run the trommel, cube and sluice so I put the ideal on hold until such time I get a bigger pump.

Bottom line:

I like the gold cube and it works great with fine material but for my purpose I should have gone with a high-banker.

Offline kkcastizo

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2018, 10:03:38 PM »
What a read!

Took me a couple of hours to get through those 36 pages  <-hypnotized->

Seems like the Gold Cube is a great unit if used in the right context. I can imagine people using it and being disappointed thinking it should be able to do something it's not meant to.

Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 134
« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2018, 10:30:44 PM »
Hi.You might want to rethink that.After you  have spent all the 3000.00 that the above poster just mentioned you are still left with a cleanup tool.If you are serious about mining you want a good hi banker.Make the digging as effortly less as possible.With a good hibanker you can process as much as  you can dig and only have one final cleanup at the end of the day.Why go thew the work several times..There are folks on here that got the best eqipment but still think old school and spend hours classifing.Why because some ancient told them so.well those folks waste their lives trying to find 5 bucks a day when they could be doing 50.00 easy.Too each  his own but it Baffles me.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 19
« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2018, 08:07:56 AM »
Hi.You might want to rethink that.After you  have spent all the 3000.00 that the above poster just mentioned you are still left with a cleanup tool.If you are serious about mining you want a good hi banker.Make the digging as effortly less as possible.With a good hibanker you can process as much as  you can dig and only have one final cleanup at the end of the day.Why go thew the work several times..There are folks on here that got the best eqipment but still think old school and spend hours classifing.Why because some ancient told them so.well those folks waste their lives trying to find 5 bucks a day when they could be doing 50.00 easy.Too each  his own but it Baffles me.Luck Mcbain.

Baffles me too! It's all about moving dirt. The more dirt you move, the more gold you get! Plain and simple. Pros take their cons home.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 134
« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2018, 06:51:43 PM »
Hi.I think the thing that confuses folks is they watch to many youtube vids.I will try to give a good example of a guy in the states that is a big promotor of all kinds of equipment and he has the best.Yet he still spends his days bucket classifing down as fine as he can.Why the equipment does it for you?What a waste of time for a few flakes.Suave said it .the idea is to process as much material as you can in a short time and deal with the cons later.The gold cube,trommel and all is a finishing tool nomatter how you slice it.Most that bought it ended up selling and going with a decent hibanker.Just my 2 bits Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Xplore

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 15
« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »
"Pros take their cons home."
~Suave

This is a contender for quote of the year!

North Vancouver, BC

Offline Davidloc

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:49 AM »
I have purchased the 4 stage deluxe Gold Cube with the classifier add on and would like to use a metal detector to sweep the tailings before discarding. I have a T2 with an Ultimate 13 coil and an Equinox 800 with the stock 11" coil. Are either of these suitable for this task given that the soil is moderate to highly mineralised ? Any suggestions for a better detector for this purpose ?

Thank you

Offline Davidloc

« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »
Thank you for your response ,  I have only asked two question here or on any similar site and have no intention of going to BC or heavy mining at all. I have my Ontario Prospector license and have never thought of anything above a small sluice so I don't know where you saw those questions.

I have never thought of panning outside Ontario let alone staking a claim. In Ontario it's 400$ of assessed work minimum for each cell per claim anniversary so looking at staking a claim after going through an initial claim and land rights check without so much as a walk through wouldn't really make sense to me.

I have lived in BC about 25 years ago but that was a 3 year Fed gov contract for CFIA and then 2 years with Northern Affairs (don't know what the dept is called now) . 

Offline placermaster

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2019, 02:34:29 PM »
Sorry mate replied to the wrong thread. Best of luck.

Offline Davidloc

« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2019, 05:14:45 AM »
I bought a gold cube about 5 years ago, but was quickly disappointed when I realized I had to classify everything down to 1/8.  The next year I purchased the trommel that fits on top of the gold cube so i wouldn't need to classify anymore.

My 2 cents:

The trommel worked okay but didn't wash everything clean so I had to make my own spray bar and the little electric pump is not quite enough to wash the dirt properly so I pickup up a  1" gas pump.  Worked okay but the cube gets top heavy when you add the trommel and would tip sometimes when you shovel dirt in the hopper.  So I had to build a wooden frame to hold everything together.    The problem now is it's bulky and heavy to carry anywhere other than close to the road.  I now have to transport the cube, a stand, hoses, gas pump, gas, 12 volt battery and all the other standard stuff like shovels, pans, buckets, etc.  The other thing is any gold bigger than the 3/16" in the trommel will just roll off the end be lost.  I began designing a small sluice that attached to the wooden frame so any larger gold pieces coming off the trommel would be caught in the mat.  The water pump wasn't big enough to run the trommel, cube and sluice so I put the ideal on hold until such time I get a bigger pump.

Bottom line:

I like the gold cube and it works great with fine material but for my purpose I should have gone with a high-banker.

I bought the Gold Cube with the classifier attachment and agree after some testing that it is a finishing tool only but a really good one.  I had to add a Gold Hog river sluice with an aggressive mat which requires more water so I have a gas pump feeding a "Bucket Buster" setup @ 3000 GPH with the Gold Hog feeding directly onto the Gold Cube classifier tray.  The "Bucket Buster" classifies it down to 3/8' which is good for the Gold Hog once the angle and flow are adjusted.  @3000 GPH it works at a shovel full of unclassified about every 10-15 seconds with moderate clay when I ran a test of it. I have to take it out in the field and adjust of course but it looks very promising.  Total cost 2200$ CAD so consider this when you are looking at the "Complete Kit" with trommel , classifier and Nugget Zone.  It will give you a slower sluice that is limited in material passed each hour to a classified scoop at a time.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat