collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 237 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12989
  • stats Total Posts: 130580
  • stats Total Topics: 18274
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold Cube Technology  (Read 211925 times)

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 4
    • Gold Cube
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #320 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:36 AM »
The Gold Cube is a wonderful concentrator but don't cut it short.  The size of the gold in your area will determine what machine should be the primary machine.  The mentality of more dirt equals more gold is 49er mentality.  If you are in the Mother load and all you gold is the size of rice and bigger then that is a good plan.  If all your gold is the size of fly poop then all that big equipment will blow out all your gold, you will end up with some but not most.  This is where you will have to decide if you want more dirt or more gold.  I have worked next to a high-banker in this itty bitty condition.  After 5 hours the bucket count was at 4:1 in favor of the Highbanker but the gold count was different.  They had just over a gram and were thrilled with the best they had ever done.  The Gold Cube clean up was 1/4 oz not weighed but is was 1/4 of a 1 oz vial.  Now looking at each of the gold takes, it was easy to see that the gold from the Cube looked like someone poured gold paint and set a couple chunkier pieces in it.  and the High Banker take was mostly chunky with a few fly poops as well.  The bottom line is: You need to analyze your gold in the area you will be mining and optimize gold recovery by choosing the right machine.  No the Gold Cube will never, always, be the right machine.  But if you never consider it a primary, you are missing out. 

To get closer to being considered a primary we have the Gold Banker that sits on top.  No more shaking a screen over a bucket.  "shovel ready" 
And at the end of the month we will have a Trommel on the market that will truly make this a one-man primary mining operation. 

A huge thanks to all our customers and friends out there.  Gold Cube has become.  October we will be 4 years old, how time flies!

Mike

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 72
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #321 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »
Mike,

If you say so -- well -- who could possibly know more about a 'Cube'?

My hat's off to your work and knowledge, sir.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline bronson27

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »
This looks like a convienient way to work your cons in a tight space such as a garage.

Offline goldmann

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
I used a Gold Cube with the Banker hopper quite a bit and the Gold Cube IS fantastic at catching gold, it is great. But my complaint was the Banker hopper attachment was far, far too slow to keep up with the Gold Cube and material had to be cleared off of the punch plate by hand. Now with the new 5" inch Trommel attachment(Lil Monster), made by Gold Fox USA, is available, that is THE one to have and that IS what I would buy for a Gold Cube for real fast production!! and breaks down clay, cemented gravel, no double handling-hands free on the material, and washes rocks much faster-better!!

The Gold Banker top attachment use to have 3 plastic drop riffles before it hit the Gold Cubes slick plate tray. Does the new Gold Cube Trommel attachment screened at 3/16" have any type of riffles to catch gold sized from 1/8" to 3/16", before it hits the Gold Cubes slick plate tray and catchment trays.??

Offline GoldRetrieving

• Kudos: 3
  • Gold Is Tried By Fire... Men By Adversity.
« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »
Has anyone used the Gold Cube with the lil monster trommel setup? If so, how is the performance? Anybody got video of it in action?
Thanks, GR.

Offline liquidsteel

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kelowna
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »
Does anyone know the maximum gold capacity of a 3 stacker? Would this item be good for small scale placer operations for cleanups?

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 4
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
So far the record is 20 OZ in one tray and 9 OZ in the second.  There are quite a few mines that use us for there cons.  Saves them many hours.  If you would like to just dump in the cons, we have a trommel now that will classify for you.  Then you will be able to scan the oversized cons with a detector, one plastic scoop at a time.  Trommel link Gold Cube Trommelhttp://www.goldcube.net/#/gold-cube-trommel/4587586068

Offline KayEhm

« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
I personally love the new [link disabled by Admin] I purchased for this past season. It processes tons of material in a just a couple hours. I can get down to the nitty-gritty solids from the finest concentrates way easier than I could with panning. I also love how easy its portability is.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2015, 06:06:57 PM »
Do you re-run the tailings from a Gold Cube?  If so, do you classify to less than the recommended 1/8" and decrease the flow rate?

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 18
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »
Had a couple liters of cons that I started cleaning up thinking I wouldn't bother with the gold cube. After the first few pans I quickly moved over to the cube in the corner and ran my cons through. So nice to cut them down to a cup or so from several in a couple minutes. Makes the 10 minute setup more than worth while. Also I do pan my tailings quickly just to make sure I dont leave anything behind. There is usually a few bits, but nothing to worry about.

Never too few cons to make a cube run worth while!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat