collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

chekaracanada

Dot Guests: 176 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13006
  • stats Total Posts: 130877
  • stats Total Topics: 18308
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold Cube Technology  (Read 213311 times)

Offline GoldRetrieving

• Kudos: 3
  • Gold Is Tried By Fire... Men By Adversity.
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2014, 07:44:23 AM »
Got my Gold Cube 4 Stack Deluxe With The Gold Banker All Set Up, Very Happy With The Product  [-1st-]

Been running all my old cons to get the mats seasoned... and actually recovered some real fine gold that was headed for discard  {cool^sign}

GR

Offline sandgroper

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »
As a primary piece of equipment, the Gold Cube needs to have material classified to #8 by hand and then fed into the Cube with a scoop.  With basic river bottom material it will rip through 1000 pound or 16 buckets in an hour.  It's best not to go that fast but it can do it.  So when we first arrived in the market 3 years ago, unless you wanted to classify everything by hand, the Cube helped with the clean up instead.  Not everyone felt that way so there were many who used it as a primary from the beginning.  If your gold is minus 20 mesh, if you use the Cube as the primary, you will come home with more gold. 
Then came the gold Banker last year.  With the Gold Banker, you can shovel everything right onto the top plate and all that makes it through the #6 mesh holes will feed the Cube.  On the way to the Cube in the Gold Banker body/pan, there are 3 drop riffles.  These will allow you quick inspection to see if you are in the gold.  This is also where you will capture the biggest gold. 
Clay has always been a problem so have a look at this video and see the chicken gizzard effect on the Gold Banker to dissolve the clay. 
Chicken Gizzard effect video
Don't push it through, just let the rocks grind it up and the water will process it through the Gold Cube. 
After yo have a pile of plus sized material that was classified out using the Gold Banker or the hand classifier, I use a metal detector and a plastic scoop to check for gold.  Scoop and scan, no beep, no keep.

Mike

Awesome post thanks.

Know anybody that has configured gold cube with this topper to avoid classification, more material into gold cube ?
see attached from CALIFORNIA SLUICE BOX - HIGH BANKER PARTS

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 4
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2014, 10:51:46 AM »
Bubbles in the mat are always a problem Here is a video we have been working on, have a look
Bubble video
Mike

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 54
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

Know anybody that has configured gold cube with this topper to avoid classification, more material into gold cube ?
see attached from CALIFORNIA SLUICE BOX - HIGH BANKER PARTS

That is the same hopper (10" wide model but bare) Okie uses to make his gold banker hopper. You must use 3/16" classification.

Did someone say       

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »
Our plastic body for the Gold Banker is similar to the CA Sluice design but ours is made in Denver and has 3 drop riffles moved closer to the discharge.  This creates a longer slick plate surface to create a more laminar slurry.  The Opening to drop into the Cube is widened to eliminate the side lips that could transfer material off the side-ends.  More of a lip was created to mount more securely as well.  The CA version will do but not as well as the one we make. The punch plate is 3/16" and you will have to make sure it has real tight holes, close together.  If they are too far apart, you will lose a lot of water and material off the end.  You will also not have as many open holes needed to do the job when the perfect size rock starts blocking holes. 
Just a few things to note.

Mike

Offline azau

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Arizona
  • Kudos: 7
  • If it can't be grown. it must be mined!
« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
Anyone besides me happen to see the almost solid yellow mat of a goldcube last night on a Bering Sea Gold preview last night?  I've been wondering what other methods they have been using besides the table, cleanup sluices and panning that they usually show.  Maybe Okie can fill us in on how extensive the usage of his product is up there including for the beach miners.  

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 79
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
Check out the quick views of the sluice boxes.  Many have Gold Hog Mats. 

Gold Cubes are being used in Nome and other places - like Dakota Fred's operation and, I think, Parker Schnable's operation, too.

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline noreasny

• Province/State: new westminster
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »
Check out the quick views of the sluice boxes.  Many have Gold Hog Mats. 

Gold Cubes are being used in Nome and other places - like Dakota Fred's operation and, I think, Parker Schnable's operation, too.

i saw the gold cube in freds clean up tent and parkers cool bus but never seen either of them use it but they dont show too much clean up footage. last episode of bering sea the gold cube was being used at steves world with the top shelf looking very yellow.

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
I'm pretty happy to say that the Discovery channel has given up trying not to show the Cube, It's everywhere.  That warms my heart!
  Mike

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 18
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »
Yep, its my new combo of choice; hog mat and gold cube. The hog mats leave few cons, and the gold cube takes those bits and makes the sample even smaller. Loving my gold cube at home and on TV!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat