collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbain

Dot Guests: 208 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12966
  • stats Total Posts: 130016
  • stats Total Topics: 18185
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Gold Cube Technology  (Read 208218 times)

Offline k0diak

• Province/State: Lesser Slave Lake Region
  • Kudos: 3
  • AB/BC Licensed Placer Miner
    • Kinuso Hotel
Re: Gold Cube Technology
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 03:53:04 AM »

Please feel free to contact me.  I'll answer any questions.  I'm really proud of what has been accomplished an you guys are a jury of my peers.  I thank you for that.

Mike

Hello Mike!

...And as for completing the rest of my first time introductions, a big hello to all of the regulars who post in CGP Forums, as an avid reader of the forum, your shared experiences help educate others like myself who know little, but can read lots.  As I exhaust night after night of reading, it seems that somehow sub-topically, google always leads back to gpex.ca forums. Whether one is looking for equipment knowledge, mining techniques, or types of mining... gpex.ca forums. :)

Well Mike, what prompts my question under your Gold Cube Technology thread is a few questions still up in the air about Gold Cube as a potential customer to be...

1.  The maximum effective water/slurry in-flow (pump included at 1100 gpm) that can be achieved before the vortex matting starts to effectively degrade.  From the limited video available on your beta testing and modeling, one can see certain elements of the Gold Cube system that have progressed through tweaks and flow refinement.  Has anyone with hydrostatic flow dynamics or fluid dynamics reviewed the gold cube design that you and your partner created?  From following your video clips of your path of development, and the various postings on gold cube here in gpex.ca forums, am I to understand that the gold cube pump is best reduced 50% and the slope decreased from 1"/12" by 1/4" when focusing on gold smaller than 100 mesh?  

2. If a prospector works a region that has predominately river or creek basin of aggregate, sand, clay, and silt that is gold bearing; the current role of gold cube would be a finishing step, post initial classification.  Is there any consideration for gold cube to be further expanded to host a classifying hopper?  Larger than 1/2" slides down a rod classifier off the side of gold cube via smooth sluice (or  classifier rod extensions), next layer uses expanded metal at a 30 slope towards spray edge of the slant top of the cube, and classifies to 1/4" and adds water to concentrate, oversize concentrate goes off other side of cube via smooth sluice. Last stage of rod classifiers down to 1/8" and feeds cube slant slope.  Each classifier level could be another 'tray' of the cube design; a system could be as small as your single sluice tray, or as complex as a big model of 6 or 7 frames high; top slide-off classifier (expanded metal insert, 1/2" to 1/8") up to 2 classifier trays, slant entry tray to sluices, 2 sluice, base tray.  The vacuum-form plastic could be used to hold the classifier rods and inter-changable expanded metal classifying panels in any classifying tray.  The spray bar of the hopper could be split on up to two levels of classifying action as a U-type spray bar, each tray with a valve that would allow variable pressure to that classifier section.   Such expansion modules would make the gold cube as a one-stop back pack solution for close to 40:1 concentration at a lift of a shovel full in limited water source work.  The designed trough may have to be expanded by 1/4" to allow for the extra gph water-works with the classification sections to come down, slope may have to be dropped another 1/4" or riffle height adjusted between trays on multiple sluice tray models. I guess you can tell I would like to see the gold cube expanded to classify larger materials in some fashion.  Generally, for most applications, using the cube will involve the the use of a rotapan, or highbanker, or river sluice, and then those classified materials 1/4" into the cube. It would be nice to be able to run 2 sluice trays, a 1/4" classifier tray, and 1/2" classifier sloped top tray, and have the cube as a one-stop 'out-in-the-claim' solution from the shovel to the spiral wheel or finishing sluice.

3. On the point of gph load of the system; the current gold cube pump is 1100gpm.  Can the cube handle a 4:1 venturi suction dredge primed by a 1-1/2" 160-220 gph gas pump, which would be a 4" column of water & 1/4" concentrate ?  Would the cube handle the concentrates and water of a 3100 gph marina pump sucking up 1/4" concentrate?   If there a future model that can handle higher volumes?   Such as models that are 24" or 36" wide.  These models would be more application specific, such as 1/4" or 1/8" classified suction dredging; possibly a beach gold model that offers a 1/4" expanded metal sloped classifier top, and a full 36" width so two men could should sand-like concentrate onto the cube classifier or slant tray, and the cube would be able to keep up.   Doubling width would double water demands, so now you would have a 1100, 2200, 3300-gph models.   Considering fabrication method of the cube, all of these feature considerations (wish-list items) could be easily integrated; compared to other processing systems that are less inter-changable, and more the sum of their parts.

Yes, I've really been reading way too much lately. :)  But one last point...  

4. Black sand,  the vortex matting is designed to do a great job of creating multiple low pressure vortex which trap gold, and in time, gold pushes out black sand.   The black sand comes out into the recirculation pool.    Now, I'm still really new to prospecting, but if a person is trying to retain 100% gold 'processed' from hard work, then should a prospector be sending in the gold bearing black sand to be further processed at a metallurgist or lab.  My understanding is that gold bearing black sand, like bench or river sand that has 100 mesh & finer gold can be processed to remove the >200 micron and nano gold out of the black sand.  That black sand in those conditions can hold as much as a 10-20g worth of gold per pound.  So that's still a few $hundred$ towards the prospecting hobby and expeditions from the gold in black sand.  I ran across that through a posting from a jeweler who will process gold bearing black sand for 10-15% of value.  That they will do a assay batch to give you an idea of the value of your black sand.   If one wants to leech the gold from black sand, then the gold cube is too efficient.  The black sand (most) comes out the bottom edge, right?    Well, here is a custom tweak I wanted your thoughts on...   In desiring to further process black sand, if I wanted to retain as much of it as possible;  could I just add a magnetic strip to say, the bottom sluice tray of a 4 tray system?  Then that magentic strip taped to the bottom of the lowest sluice tray, at a point where most or all of the gold has been stopped further up; the magnetic strip would draw the black sand to the bottom of the sluice, and with the back sand drawn there, the vortex matting would have a harder time maintaining the low pressure areas - but most the gold is in the upper tray to begin with, and the magentic stripe is at the bottom of the 2nd sluice, just before dropping into the lower tray.   Would this custom add-on make black gold gather at that point?  With black gold gathering at that point, would it not further infuse with below-eye-site micron and nano gold particles flowing through the black sand build up?   A question I have been trying to analyze.  As I would also like to process the black sand for the extra $100 per pound of black sand to help offset the cost of hobby prospecting.    

5.  Top Classifier & Spray Hose Nozzle.  The top of the cube could be a 1/4" classifier, or again inter-changable size down to 1/8".  A manifold would allow a 3/4" garden hose to connect to the water, and a ball-valve would allow controlling the hose feed.  One could wash through the concentrate sitting on the classifier top of the cube.  Some sort of slope or chute may be necessary.

6. Dry concentrate vacuum cube top - having a top tray that can be mounted over the slant/feed tray of the cube.  On top of that vac-form mold is a spiral flair shoot for even distribution onto the wash tray.  Top of the tray is the connection for a 12v squirrel cage leaf-blower-like motor (high cfm) that would allow a prospector to 'vacuum' up wet/dry concentrate, with a screen to 1/4" and the excess/over-sized blown off through a refuge hose flare.  This would allow easy loading of dry concentrates, combing black sand on beaches and sand bars.  And with accessories and hoes extension (reduced for added suction), a crevice sucker add-on for the vacuum-top.   The 1/4" classifier of the vacuum top  could be in a bowl shape with spraybar water-works.  With the proper alterations, maybe moving to a 24" width, the motor on top could be setup to pull the 4" column of water using a jet-like nozzle setup on the suction to feed the cube.  Cube just has to be able to handle the load.

I also noticed that talk about the gold cube has quieted down since November.  Of course a big portion of that is all prospectors are hibernating for another few months.  Are you now into production?  Are you actively selling the cube now?  I have visited the website, and I am considering ordering.  I wanted to know if there is a manufacturing lag-time involved?  How long does delivery take?  Do any of the options I have mentioned sound like something that could be 'added'?   I realize the slope of classifiers, and need to expel the over-size burden makes some things more challenging. But using a vac-form shell, a classifier poop  chute could easily be added in, even vac-form trays with classifiers built right into the trays. Angles will likely be an issue to address. The water works system design, etc.   I believe quite possible and economical to add as expansions to the gold cube package.

I'm about ready to order your 4 tray package, with pump, stand, hose.  I know the cube will be put to the test here.  Gold is a rare item where I live and will be practicing with the cube, so I will be ready to use the cube with some proficiency at tweaking its setup by this spring. During my practice runs, the cube will have to cling onto every 200 mesh particle passing, so if I find gold around home with the cube; then I know it will do well out on my claim later this season :)   Around home I have a few streams to test, couple river sand bars, and three gravel crushing pits...  lots to practice on.  I want to see how it interacts with the various densities of the materials from each area.

I am curious to know how the current 4 tray package will handle 1/4" screen suction dredging.  How many gph could be added to the current 1100gph flow?  Cut flow in 1/2 and one is safe to feed a 1-1/2 section dredge feed of 1/8" concentrate?  If it will handle the volume what is the best way to add the dredging hose feed to the cube?  Would (could) you make a custom top for the cube that would take a 1-1/2 concentrate feed and fan it across the slant tray for processing?   If you could make such a dredge feed or fan top for the cube, what would it cost?

Look forward to learning more about the gold cube. I was going to order yesterday, but I thought I better throw my questions out there first, and see what kind of answers there are. Being a new technology design, I can understand not having all the answers at this point in time, as some only come with time and exposure of use.  gpex.ca forums was the only place I could really find an interactive forum with you folks regarding your project and the gold cube you offer today.

Cheers! And great job on the Gold Cube  <-good_>  

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Kudos: 4
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 11:01:06 AM »
Great questions and suggestions k0diak. The Gold Cube was born from frustrations and refusal to use old technology that wasn't working for the material we found on beaches of Lake Superior Michigan.   You, I see, also think beyond the box and want to achieve more than status quo. 

Let's start out with a quick up-date on Gold Cube as a company.  We have product in stock and will ship within 24 hrs of the order.  There are quite a few Cubes out there and have been getting some pretty good feedback from them.  The best was from New Zealand and will be trying to get permission to use the photos of 1.2 oz of minus 50 mesh gold seen within the first 3 inches of the first tray.  I will post that as soon as I can.  We have been on the road for the last 3 weeks attending the GPAA gold shows in TX, AZ, and CAL.  We really caused a buzz and are looking forward to another round of 4 shows in March and April.  This is really a fun ride we started.  Soon on the site we will be posting better videos as well as testimonials.  Keep watching. 

1.  Has anyone with hydrostatic flow dynamics or fluid dynamics reviewed the gold cube design that you and your partner created?  Nobody with a degree has.  All our test were done with real life.  We used 100 pounds of black sand and 100 pieces of gold.  The hardest material we could find was on Lake Superior and that was the test material we used to fine tune the Cube as well as test every other piece of marketed equipment we could get our hands on.  All other material we have been able to obtain, including Nome beach sand, has been a piece of cake comparably.  The angle that allows the vortex mat to create little quicksand pockets is 15, there is nothing to adjust or tweak.  When you shoot the water high enough on the exit of the G-force separator, it creates a low pressure zone that sucks in the gold hard.  This zone lasts for around 3 inches.  After that it will still hold gold but no better than a sluice and no worse.  On one cleanup a customer found 1.2 oz of gold or 527 grains.  The top tray had 517 grains, the middle had 10.7 grains and the bottom only had .2 grains.  So you can see that the need for adding trays will decrease the further down you get.  Over 90% of the gold in your cleanup will be in the first tray.  The water flow we have used in the cube that work well are 700 GPH all the way to 2000 GPH.  The 1100 GPH we are running with a 1.125 hose fit over a 3/4" fitting at the water box.  This does create a restriction but the result is a good water flow with less spillage.  the Gold Cube will handle more water and work very well.  The real rate control is the point that it drops straight down into the G-force separator.  Too fast and it could back up.  The more water you are able to feed this thing, the longer we will be able to make the low pressure zone on the Vortex mat that means more gold trapped sooner in the process. 

2.  Is there any consideration for gold cube to be further expanded to host a classifying hopper?  I guess you can tell I would like to see the gold cube expanded to classify larger materials in some fashion.  As you have noted, the Gold Cube will run material from 8 mesh and down to powder.  We have measured gold down to 400mesh and have run 400 mesh pulverized load material for a customer in Mesa AZ.  Needless to say, he was impressed and purchased a 4 stack unit.  When we made the Gold Cube we were focused on the gold that everyone was having a hard time collecting.   Almost every piece of equipment out there will easily capture 1/8" and larger, that's the easy stuff!  If you were to run 1/8" classifier rods on exit of another piece of equipment and then run all that classified material through the gold cube, you will effectively capture the gold that was blown out of said piece of equipment.  We are currently working on collector that will attach to anything and auto feed the Gold Cube.  That is vague I know but you are wanting what we are wanting, "shovel ready"  We are not working on a version at this time that will process 1/8" plus.

3. On the point of gph load of the system; the current gold cube pump is 1100gpm.  Can the cube handle a 4:1 venturi suction dredge primed by a 1-1/2" 160-220 gph gas pump, which would be a 4" column of water & 1/4" concentrate ? The Gold Cube can handle a proportional percentage of water and dirt of 1/8" minus material coming from the hose.  It will have to be separated via a grizzly.  The full force of 4" of water would probably tip the whole unit over.   As in question 2. pull out the 8 mesh minus and let something else pull the nuggets.  We are working on a post dredge separator as well.

3.  Black Sand  if a person is trying to retain 100% gold 'processed' from hard work, then should a prospector be sending in the gold bearing black sand to be further processed at a metallurgist or lab. ..............black sand in those conditions can hold as much as a 10-20g worth of gold per pound.  In desiring to further process black sand, if I wanted to retain as much of it as possible;  could I just add a magnetic strip to say, the bottom sluice tray of a 4 tray system?  I am sure there are areas that you will find black sand that is really black gold.  In this case the weight of this will allow it to stay in the Cube.  It will hunker down with the gold and mess with you at clean-up.  I have gone down the path of grinding, cooking, fracturing, leaching etc etc etc.  I have never retrieved more gold than the process cost even if my time was free.  If you are aware of your material and have seen alot of locked up gold then save it.  The cube will hold that for you anyway.  Other than that, black sands are tailings.  If you want to collect the black sands use your magnets at the discharge of the material, not within the cube.  If you put a sluice at the discharge end, it will catch a bunch of them.  While you are there pan it all out and see if you find any gold.  We did and found out it was a huge waste of time.

5. noted

6. Dry concentrate vacuum cube top - having a top tray that can be mounted over the slant/feed tray of the cube.  Wet dry or sticky can be scooped into the Gold Cube.  All material is forced underwater so no surfactant is needed and all floating gold is ripped away from surface tension and pulled under water.  It will never see surface again until you do a clean-up.  Don't pre-wet and don't give you unit a bubble bath when recirculating.  1/8' minus and raw water is all that is needed.  I am curious to know how the current 4 tray package will handle 1/4" screen suction dredging.  How many gph could be added to the current 1100gph flow?  Cut flow in 1/2 and one is safe to feed a 1-1/2 section dredge feed of 1/8" concentrate?  If it will handle the volume what is the best way to add the dredging hose feed to the cube?  Would (could) you make a custom top for the cube that would take a 1-1/2 concentrate feed and fan it across the slant tray for processing?   If you could make such a dredge feed or fan top for the cube, what would it cost?  1/4" material will roll right over the mat in the separation trays, you will be wasting you time there.  If you feed the material with a slurry from a hose, it is best to have the material splash against a box plate that will spread it out for better dispersion.  Watch the flow dropping down the trough and adjust the flow to keep it from backing up.   

Thanks so much for the questions, I am a 2 finger typer so this took a while.  I hope this answered some questions.  If there are more questions feel free to ask.  I'm here for ya.  We consulted a lot of smart people Trev to name one.  We got this thing figured out.

Mike

Offline k0diak

• Kinuso Hotel
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

Thanks so much for the questions, I am a 2 finger typer so this took a while.  I hope this answered some questions.  If there are more questions feel free to ask.  I'm here for ya.  We consulted a lot of smart people Trev to name one.  We got this thing figured out.

Mike

Afternoon Mike!

Thank you very much for your fast 'two-finger typing' response to my list of gold cube questions. 

Your answers have helped me understand the gold cube operation better.   

I will be watching the future development of gold cube add-ons. :)

How many gallons of water should the recirculating pool/tub hold to run the gold cube efficiently?  Just an idea to figure out how big of a container to purchase for the gold cube system.  What is the width of the gold cube?  Again, considering pan or pail size to operate the cube within.   You also have mentioned that a sloped bottom for the recirculating pump is better than a flat right-angle bottom on the recirculating pool/bin? How much of a slope works best?

I assume that the pump has gator-clips to connect to batter posts?  What about battery sizing?  How many amps does the the 1100 gph pump use?  This will help me calculate my Amp Hour needs in sizing the battery to run 4, 6, 8, 12 hrs without needing to be recharged. The deep cycle batteries are ideal for this application, wear better, but they are quiet expensive as an initial investment.

The water flow we have used in the cube that work well are 700 GPH all the way to 2000 GPH.  The 1100 GPH we are running with a 1.125 hose fit over a 3/4" fitting at the water box.  This does create a restriction but the result is a good water flow with less spillage.

Water volumes. Ok, so as low as 700gph, for an area known for micron gold, such as your Lake Superior test; this would assure the finer stuff is not flushed through.  Although it seems 90+% is always in the first tray, so on a 4 tray system, you have extra processing footage that is not seeing (much) gold, if any.  Or would it be that the 2000gph is better for micron gold?

As the higher volume rates would cause a stronger g-force coming out of each trough between trays, and force even the smaller stuff into the vortex matting?   I guess what I am saying is that I can rationalize fine gold collection at both ends of the spectrum when it comes to water flow.   Slower makes for gravity to take effect, and at faster volumes it would cause the g-force troughs to push the micron gold against and down into the vortex matting.   So what have people found so far?  What scenarios are best for each low, and high volume water travelling through the cube?   Is there a ball-valve up at the spray bar connection to controll the flow rate, or would that have to be a customization of the system itself by the customer?   

I assume with the 90+% being found in the first tray, many would option for a 3 tray system.  Would I be correct in thinking that in using a 4 tray system, the prospector then has a longer period of classifying and feeding the gold cube before having to clean the sluices, etc?  That in a 4 tray system, as the 1st tray becomes full or operationally impaired due to overload of classifieds, then the 2nd tray starts taking up the slack, which when full would push the 3rd tray into action.  So really by going a 4 tray system, the prospector is expanding tha amount of time between cleaning sessions of the gold cube?  What is the value and benefits for the extra $120 or so in upgrading to the 4 tray model?

In trying to capture smaller than 400 mesh, would the addition of grit-tape into the cube process at some point, say the lowest g-force trough, help with the collection of 400+ mesh gold particles?  I bring this up because I'm going to be gravel pit tailings and crush concentrates as samples from close-to-home areas that are not rightfully known for having gold. I guess it would be the next next step in extreme micron prospecting, after your Lake Superior sampling.   Not that I plan on working this area, just that it is close to home; So it allows me to become familiar with, and fine-tune gold cube operations before spring arrives and I'm off traveling to the gold bearing mountains :)  I figure if I can practice collecting 200 mesh and smaller locally, I should have a good feel of the cube's operations for my first trip to the gold bearing areas in May.  I'll be documenting my practice runs locally, so I'll share any findings I have from those experiences.

Shipping to customers;  Am I correct in assuming the gold cube is shipped in an ordinary cardboard box, and that there is no identification of what is in the box, such as 'Gold Cube" or "Prospecting Equipment" or such on the outside fo the shipping box?  I bring this up out of curiousity of how the local post office employees would forsee the shipment.  Will they be able to read/tell that I've ordered in prospecting equipment, or will it look like just another brown cardboard box that could have anything inside it?  In small communities, confidentiality of what one does purchase is a bit of a concern.  Bad enough the neighbours know what I am doing in my yard, when I leave home, when go vacationing;  I would prefer that they don't know about my hobbies.  Right now most suspect I love higway touring and go on driving holidays, they don't need to know that I am actually crazy enough to be up to my kester in cold glacier water with a bad case of gold fever and prospecting the daylight away :) heh.

Again, thank you Mike, you have been a huge help in expanding my understanding of the gold cube system. And a thanks out to your partner on the project, and all of those who have consulted & beta-tested for you.. the collective input shows in the cube's design. Once you have had a chance to reply and I've reviewed your comments, I will email you directly when I place my order at the Gold Cube website.

Thanks again!  {-applause-}

-k0diak

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
k0diak,
In the 1000 pound video we went through 15 gallons of water.  We captured all the material in a pan set in the water.  As the pan filled with material, we would take it out and put in an empty one.  Keeping recirculated water clean for our material was pretty easy, it was river wash material that was washed as we classified.  If you are running material with silt or clay you will need to do as you would with any recirc operation.  Use one tub set the Cube into, have it overflow into another tub.  Have that one overflow into another and pump from that tub.  This multi step water set-up will give the silt a chance to settle out and keep your water better, longer.  So your water requirements will depend on your material. 

The 1100 GPH pumps we use draw at 3 amps 12v I have used a pump for 4 hours a day 5 days in a row in fact just this past month I did it.  After I was ready to pull out my neighbor in the next lot was having trouble getting his slide-out back in.  He need to replace his whole control unit.  I crawled under the unit space and disconnected the wires and ran some new wires out an access hole.  We connected the leads to the same battery we were using and it slid back in like a dream.  It didn't seem like the battery was low at all.  It was a deep cycle battery, about 4 years old, must have got a good one.  If you are going to be off the grid you could get a small solar cell to prolong the battery life.  As for clips, I should supply them but at this point I don't.  I'll look into a good source, thanks.

Water flow has a range of effectiveness, below 700 is iffy.  past 2200 is unknown.  Everything in between works with not much noticeable or measurable difference.  The 1100 GPH pump is the sweet spot.  If you pump more water will splash around but will still work to process the gold.  Just don't get crazy with a 2000 in the living room.   lol!!!@* 

3 or 4 tray choices fall to the gold you are getting.  If it is flat like a coin, stack-able at any size, you will need a 4 stack.  The gold on Lake Superior was 85% to the 3rd stack and 98% to the 4th.  It was flat like glitter though.  If you gold is close to the source and chunky then all you would need is a 3 stack.  If you don't know what you will be getting into then you will probably feel safer with a 4 stack.  Just calculated the results from my customer in New Zealand.  His clean-up of 1.2 oz had 30 cents of gold in the last tray.  He would have to process 394oz to pay for the tray.  On lake Superior 13% of the gold was on the last tray.  If I did a 1.2 oz run I would pay for the tray in 1 run.  Your gold shape is the deciding factor. 

-400 mesh aaaaaaaa?    Tough stuff!  We do pretty good with the 1100 set-up but smaller than that I have no idea.  I would like to know what you find with yours. 

Yup a plain brown wrapper, I'll <-sealed_> keep it a secret.

Thanks again

Mike

Offline k0diak

• Kinuso Hotel
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »
Hi Mike :)

Water flow has a range of effectiveness, below 700 is iffy.  past 2200 is unknown.  Everything in between works with not much noticeable or measurable difference.  The 1100 GPH pump is the sweet spot.  If you pump more water will splash around but will still work to process the gold.  Just don't get crazy with a 2000 in the living room.   lol!!!@* 

I will do my best to keep the living room carpets dry, I promise!  ;D    - And I will pick up a set of DC gator clips for the battery connection at a box-store the next time I am in town.

3 or 4 tray choices fall to the gold you are getting.  If it is flat like a coin, stack-able at any size, you will need a 4 stack.  The gold on Lake Superior was 85% to the 3rd stack and 98% to the 4th.  It was flat like glitter though.  If you gold is close to the source and chunky then all you would need is a 3 stack.  If you don't know what you will be getting into then you will probably feel safer with a 4 stack.  Just calculated the results from my customer in New Zealand.  His clean-up of 1.2 oz had 30 cents of gold in the last tray.  He would have to process 394oz to pay for the tray.  On lake Superior 13% of the gold was on the last tray.  If I did a 1.2 oz run I would pay for the tray in 1 run.  Your gold shape is the deciding factor. 

This helps me out a lot, thank you.  At this point I guess we'll just sample and see where/if gold appears :)

-400 mesh aaaaaaaa?    Tough stuff!  We do pretty good with the 1100 set-up but smaller than that I have no idea.  I would like to know what you find with yours. 

Yes, below 400 mesh is darn micro-small to 'look' for.  But considerign the history of this region, chances are, at best, that is what we will run across, is smaller than 200 mesh flour.  This is why I asked, otherwise, if I were in BC or such, I wouldn't be so tentative to anything smaller than 400 mesh.

Yup a plain brown wrapper, I'll <-sealed_> keep it a secret.

Great to hear about the basic plain-jane shipping box/wrapping, Mike.  I just came back from the goldcube.net website and picked up a 4-tray package.  Now just to impatiently sit and wait for it to arrive :)  My prospecting partner is hot on the game...  He wants to go collect concentrate this week, so we'll have something to run through the cube when it arrives... lol!

Thanks again for all your product support :) We look forward to the cube package arriving.

-k0diak

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Thanks for your trust in our product.  Keep me informed of your progress, I'm looking forward to some pretty cool pictures and stories.  You cube will be going postal in the morning.  Thanks again.

Mike

Offline Traveller

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Hello Mike
I have been following this thread with growing interest and enthusiasm. If anyone could have a better application for the Goldcube than I; I would like to see it.
I am on the north coast of British Columbia, Canada and have just about went around the bend trying to separate micron gold from black sand found on our beaches after storms. I have to laugh at the idea of screening to -8 mesh; there is not a thing in this deposit that will not pass through a 100 mesh screen. It is difficult to tell how small the gold is although I am convinced that it is smaller than the black sand, as the black sand is smaller than blonde sands found beneath the black sand deposits.
I had contemplated attempting to separate gold from black sand by screening (either through 120 or 150 mesh screen) but found that screening through such minute pores is tedious, to say the least. Paninng this material is an exercise in futility, as well. How anyone can productively pan -150 mesh gold is beyond me.
That being said, I visited your website to find out more about the Goldcube. Like deserdog, I immediately recognized the technology from the New Zealand boilerbox. I was impressed with it when Trevor first shared it with us but recall thinking it would be a difficult thing to carve on a piece of plywood, so I gave it no further thought at the time.
If it turns out my gold is all flat and -200 mesh, do you think the Goldcube has a good chance of recovering +95% of it? Also, at this minute particle size, perhaps you could elaborate on the cleanup process with the Goldcube.
Regards
Bob
"He was always cold, but the land of gold seemed to hold him like a spell.......Though he'd often say, in his homely way, that he'd "sooner live in Hell"......"
~~Robert W. Service~~

"When you live next to the graveyard, you can't cry for every funeral."   -  Russian Proverb

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 09:36:01 PM »
It sounds like your sand is close to the same sand I found in Lake Superior.  The smaller the tougher, that's for sure.  Trev is a wise man, that boiler box of his was a real inspiration.  Do you have any pictures of your gold sand?

Mike

Offline YukonHo

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
I think user greg in BC asked it in the previous page, and it has sort has been answered with the flow rate questions.... but in short, can your system be added to the trailings off something like the boilerbox.ca using their recommended gas pump. The setup i am looking at is a highbanker that runs into the gold cube. a one step process, of shoveling in and capturing most or all of the good stuff. So, do you think a highbanker will perform with the gold cube if something like a 1/8 grizzly or screener was added to the trailings of the highbanker running into the gold cube....???

Or would your suggestion be to just run the highbanker and take its concentrate after cleanup and run it through the the gold cube (given it is 8 mesh and under), being that the the highbanker will capture most if not all of the precious metals in the first-place, and the trailings off something like the boilerbox's will contain next to nil.

Cool unit though, looks like it can withstand the beatings the bush will make it endure, and the price is right IMO. little steep but worth it if it works. Couple more poegy checks saved up and were in business buddy! lol.

Offline Okie

• CGPF Sponsor
    • Gold Cube
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
YukonHo

We are currently working on a device that will capture all the #8 minus and send it into the Gold Cube.  There is going to be way too much water so part of the device is a flow splitter you would be able to adjust.  This should allow it to work in conditions of 13 GPM all the way to 100 GPM.    Meanwhile if you want to classify after the highbanker and and bucket it into the Gold Cube that would work.  If you have a small highbanker it may just flow right into the Cube.  The bottom 2 lines are 8 mesh minus and water will only go down the Gold Cube just so fast.  If it is splashing and backing up, you will need to slow the water down.  We used it after my Keene highbanker.  Every angle and water flow we used it, the Gold Cube was able to capture missed gold.  I really thought I was doing better than that with the highbanker.  I think you are on the right track with the combination.  The ability to wash your rocks and then keep the chunky stuff in the sluice.  Followed by the Gold Cube to capture the flat small gold that flipped out.  I will have this device out this summer.  I will keep you all informed.
As for the concentrates from the highbanker, The Gold Cube will be able to take your concentrates down to about a cup and a half of super concentrates.  If you are used to taking home many buckets of concentrates, you won't have to anymore.  Classify them down, pan out the big-easy stuff or run over it with a metal detector.  Then -8 will go through the cube.  The Cube will hold over 5 OZ of gold, wouldn't that be a great trip!!   
Hope this answered your questions, I kind of went on and on.  Happy Prospecting

Mike

Gear Pan
Gold Rat