collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 174 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12960
  • stats Total Posts: 129971
  • stats Total Topics: 18179
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: ** CONTEST **  (Read 4488 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
** CONTEST **
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »

This Contest Has Now Been Won

Congratulations Mayoh63

The time is now upon us for the Microscope Contest to commence.  As previously noted, this is based upon clues found within The Modern Goldseeker’s Manual, written by our accredited member, Tom Bryant, more commonly known within our Forum as GollyMrScience.  The contest commenced as of one second after midnight – 12:00:01am September 15, 2010, and ends midnight December 15, 2010, unless sooner won.

For those who have not yet acquired Mr. Bryant’s Best Selling book, you may do so by placing your order through Bedrock Supply by calling (780) 434-2040 or (800) 661-3988. It is my understanding the book price ranges at around or slightly more than a $20 bill, plus shipping.  In its own rite, such a small token for the vast amount of quality placer prospecting information contained within.  Remember, it’s never too late to pick up your copy.

The Contest

Luck is not involved, guessing will get you nowhere, for this may only be solved through meticulous exercise of mind and good detective work, yet, you need the book to find the solution.  What you are seeking is the correct combination of certain secret words.  Close doesn’t count, work on the clues and the microscope may well be yours.  The first correct answer wins.

First clue:

Before you are able to work on the solution, you firstly have to work out a special code, contained somewhere within.  The code will then lead you to a page, of which the first seen, given adequate thought, will then provide the solution to the Key.  Work the Key out, follow the clues, where it will all then make sense, and the rest will come easy, for placing you in the Grand Winner’s circle.

Remember, you need the Key worked out to hold any chance whatsoever.

Then work out this cryptic equation and it’s yours:

XGTLDCIWTBXRGDHRDET

In footnote, I plan to ask Dave if he will place and lock this post in the normal contest section, so that it does not get filled up with general chatter.  Until this happens, please refrain from posting in this thread.

Luck is not involved, so well wishes to you all.

Thanks

Larry
GPEX Admin
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
Re: ** CONTEST **
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »
As requested, please do not post in this thread - - I am merely making this post to refresh the page.

If you wish to discuss the contest, please then start a new thread.

Thanks again
Larry

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »

Well, no one has claimed the prize yet.  Obviously so, as my job is not to make it easy for you, rather make you work for it.  Mentally !   Though I’ll be dropping clues here and there, I’m surely not going to bring it down to where a school child could solve this little mystery.  Yet, I do want to be sure you’re not headed down a blind alley, and can, if you get your mind in the right frame of thought, lead yourself to the winner’s circle.

What we’re dealing with, would more commonly be termed – a cipher.  Numbers, letters, numbers-letters, letters-numbers, you deal with both.  One now, the other next, back and forth - - but you really have to pay attention to the clues given.  I mean, hang on my every word within the clues.  When I type a sentence, scrap the useless words and grasp the meaningful ones.  Instead of squinting your eyes in searching for that skinny little needle in a haystack, look in another perspective - - look at the haystack itself, examining for what just doesn’t look as though it belongs.

Something I’ve always found helpful, is turning that coin over to the other side.  Instead of thinking ‘where did he hide it,’ think ‘where would I hide it.’  ‘Where could I hide it?’  ‘How could I hide it?’  Probably best you write your clues down, where you only have them to focus on, filler words could drag you down.

Additional Clues:

You won’t find your way looking for everything all at the same time.  Everything has a starting point.  Find it, some things should then start adding up.

For now, forget all about looking at the actual answer in cipher, your focus should be on working out the code.

All done for now!

For those who have not yet picked up The Modern Goldseekers Manual, better get a crackin!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »
** You Need the Book **  Have you ordered yours, yet?

Hmmmm..... are you a bit bewildered like my little friend here?   <-dont~know->  If so, then ask yourself, “what am I doing wrong, here?”  “Am I using my head in brainstorming so much that it hurts?” or..... could it be that you’re not really zeroing your focus for looking at/for the clues?  Like earlier mentioned, you’ll never in this lifetime sort out the answer to this Contest if you’re not paying attention to clues.  I conclude that why no one has stepped up to claim the prize yet, is because most everyone is stuck at the starting point.  As with all things on earth, you can’t go anywhere unless you start at the beginning.  I dare say, step jumping will carry you right past the most important clue of all.  If you page-flip too much you will have passed the first clue and lost all opportunity of finding the code.  Without it you go nowhere.   Okay, I will give you the sequence - - clue, clue, clue and clue / code / thought / solution / track the lead  to find the key / unravel the sequence / crack the cipher / claim your prize.  Simple isn’t it?   So, throw that buggy in reverse, tour back to the beginning, and like any good detective draw a schematic showing the placement of everything that could remotely add up to be some sort of secret code.  Your sequence of events should be “eyes – brain – then brain & eyes and eyes & brain.”  Then you’re home free and can send out your cries of joy.

Cheers !

eeeeh, That’s All For Now Folks !

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:42:27 AM »

A Review of Microscope Contest Clues

The following is a review of the clues given, with newly added clues.  Good luck to all !!

First Round of Clues:

Before you are able to work on the solution, you firstly have to work out a special code, contained somewhere within.  The code will then lead you to a page, of which the first seen, given adequate thought, will then provide the solution to the Key.  Work the Key out, follow the clues, where it will all then make sense, and the rest will come easy, for placing you in the Grand Winner’s circle.

Remember, you need the Key worked out to hold any chance whatsoever.

Then work out this cryptic equation and it’s yours:

XGTLDCIWTBXRGDHRDET

Second Round of Clues:

Well, no one has claimed the prize yet.  Obviously so, as my job is not to make it easy for you, rather make you work for it.  Mentally !   Though I’ll be dropping clues here and there, I’m surely not going to bring it down to where a school child could solve this little mystery.  Yet, I do want to be sure you’re not headed down a blind alley, and can, if you get your mind in the right frame of thought, lead yourself to the winner’s circle.

What we’re dealing with, would more commonly be termed – a cipher.  Numbers, letters, numbers-letters, letters-numbers, you deal with both.  One now, the other next, back and forth - - but you really have to pay attention to the clues given.  I mean, hang on my every word within the clues.  When I type a sentence, scrap the useless words and grasp the meaningful ones.  Instead of squinting your eyes in searching for that skinny little needle in a haystack, look in another perspective - - look at the haystack itself, examining for what just doesn’t look as though it belongs.

Something I’ve always found helpful, is turning that coin over to the other side.  Instead of thinking ‘where did he hide it,’ think ‘where would I hide it.’  ‘Where could I hide it?’  ‘How could I hide it?’  Probably best you write your clues down, where you only have them to focus on, filler words could drag you down.

Third Round of Clues:

You won’t find your way looking for everything all at the same time.  Everything has a starting point.  Find it, some things should then start adding up.

For now, forget all about looking at the actual answer in cipher, your focus should be on working out the code.

All done for now!

For those who have not yet picked up The Modern Goldseekers Manual, better get a crackin!

** You Need the Book **  Have you ordered yours, yet?

Fourth Round of Clues:

Hmmmm..... are you a bit bewildered like my little friend here?      If so, then ask yourself, “what am I doing wrong, here?”  “Am I using my head in brainstorming so much that it hurts?” or..... could it be that you’re not really zeroing your focus for looking at/for the clues?  Like earlier mentioned, you’ll never in this lifetime sort out the answer to this Contest if you’re not paying attention to clues.  I conclude that why no one has stepped up to claim the prize yet, is because most everyone is stuck at the starting point.  As with all things on earth, you can’t go anywhere unless you start at the beginning.  I dare say, step jumping will carry you right past the most important clue of all.  If you page-flip too much you will have passed the first clue and lost all opportunity of finding the code.  Without it you go nowhere.   Okay, I will give you the sequence - - clue, clue, clue and clue / code / thought / solution / track the lead  to find the key / unravel the sequence / crack the cipher / claim your prize.  Simple isn’t it?   So, throw that buggy in reverse, tour back to the beginning, and like any good detective draw a schematic showing the placement of everything that could remotely add up to be some sort of secret code.  Your sequence of events should be “eyes – brain – then brain & eyes and eyes & brain.”  Then you’re home free and can send out your cries of joy.

Cheers !

Fifth Round of Clues:

To reiterate on the type of contest which surrounds this great microscope, such is commonly referred to as cracking a CYPHER.  The word ‘Cipher’ is described as “a method of transforming a text to conceal its meaning - - - a code.”   A cipher code commonly comprises a combination of letters and/or numbers to find the key (or starting point).  In other words, the ‘key’ will then lead an individual to a starting point whereas the text might then be worked out.  The ‘cryptic equation’ given, as is well demonstrated, results in a text-only answer, therefore, you need to determine the beginning point whereby the alphabet is arranged in such manner as to lead you to the proper sequence of order, then it is simply following the textual order to complete the phrase.

The answer to this Cipher is comprised of words only – more than one and less than seven.  The words you seek are all joined together, with no spaces between, as demonstrated in the cryptic answer.

Grasping the starting point I’m sure is where everyone is stuck, as would I be, unless I carefully followed the clues.  An all important clue has been given for guiding you directly to the key - - there you would unravel its meaning, follow it, paying attention to the further clue already given, which would then give you a cryptic starting point for equating the alphabetical sequence for working out the answer.

Of further clue, you are looking for something to serve as a key for guiding you to the first letter of the first word found somewhere in the text of The Modern Goldseekers Manual.  This will then aid you toward working out solution.

Of further clue, go back to the very beginning and ‘read’ – being ever so careful to comprehend exactly what it is your eyes are reading, for the code lies somewhere there within.  Work the code out, find the key, unravel the text’s starting point, then apply to the cryptic answer given, then claim your prize.

It’s as simple as all that.  Just like treasure hunting, isn’t it?

For those not yet sporting Mr. Bryant’s book, get your order into Bedrock Supplies and jump right into this contest with both feet, for it might be you who walks away with the microscope.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »

As we now know, Steve Mayoh (mayoh63) has been the grand winner of the Microscope Contest.  The prize,  <-party-> a Camera Binocular Compound Microscope40x2000x with Built-in 2.0MP Camera, ~, as illustrated in the Contest posting.

Honorable mention and a very special and sincere thank you goes out to the Sponsor of this Contest – Mr. Andrew Wu of Cyber Scientific, located in Kitchener, Ontario, your one-stop Canadian shopping centre for all your microscopic needs.

As I, Andrew was amazed that the Contest was won at such an early point, however, it did not come easy, but was rather the result of some very intense thinking and concise calculation.

At this point I wish to pay honorable mention of Mr. Wu’s business, Cyber Scientific, and his broad range of top quality Microscope products, which we all know is an integral part of our industry.  Andrew’s website is found at http://www.microscopenet.com/index.php - - please take a moment to drop by his site and view his massive product line.  Not only will you be dazed over the array of equipment, you will be pleasantly amazed at the affordable pricing.  Mr. Wu and his staff will be only too pleased to work with you in selecting the product best suited to your needs.

Several months ago I myself purchased one of his units, and am more than satisfied with the quality and the ability it offers.  Browse the Cyber listings until you find the microscope best suited for you, then give Andrew a call. Not only will you be bedazzled to study your specimens in such magnitude, you can then, also, contribute toward building our very own, one of a kind, Geology Microphoto Library.

Contact Data:
Cyber Scientific
54 Beasley Drive, Unit C
Kitchener, Ontario
N2E 1Y6
Phone: 519-896-5880
Email: [email protected]

Again, hat’s off to Andrew Wu and Cyber Scientific.

And for those not yet to discover the wealth of information in Mr. Bryant’s book, The Modern Goldseekers Manual, it would certainly pay to add this treasure to your prospecting library.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat