collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 181 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12467
  • stats Total Posts: 123623
  • stats Total Topics: 17091
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Recreational Gold Panning Reserves in BC - Yale  (Read 23261 times)

Offline chrisg

• Kudos: 1
Re: Recreational Gold Panning Reserves in BC - Yale
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »
Hi
Would it be worthwhle popping down to Yale this weekend for a days panning?  How's the water level?
Cheers Chris

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 06:53:07 AM »
Water is to high  !!!!

Another couple months yet.

Offline chrisg

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 10:31:06 AM »
I had a horrible feeling the water would be too high. 

Any location recommendations for July for going further North up the road over the summer too?  Nice safe places where a rube like myself won't get into trouble. 

Offline Chestiz

• Province/State: Vernon, British Columbia
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »
I try to go once a week regardless of what the weather says or water levels. I just got back from a panning trip today. found one spec! lol keeps me going. I just enjoy being out there panning

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 71
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »
Hi.Guys the fraser is extremely high for this time of year.The whole province is flooding except the Coq. and that has to happen soon.All indicators show a repeat of the 1948 flood.Who knows.As Granny clamppet said only fools and foreieners predict the weather.Excuse the spelling.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline chrisg

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 03:13:36 PM »
Further to having the time today and an excuse for having the mountain man breakfast in the Home Restaurant in Hope I had a look at Yale this morning.  No surprise the water level was high, well there was no sand bank or large rocks visible above the river on the public panning area.  If you entered the public panning area you would be swimming.  The opportunity did allow me to walk along the river and I noticed above the sand bank area there appeared to be a small area where the river was hitting some disturbance with the water choppy and white so I assume there is a line of rocks slowing the water down before the public panning area.  Given how high the water is this could explain why you  can find small amounts of flood gold and many more garnets all over the prospecting area.  I took some photos if anyone is interested, however, the photos are too big to load on the board.  Roll on August.  Cheers Chris

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 06:13:41 AM »
The disturbance  you mention is a point where the reserve starts looking upstream. Up stream from that point is Native ground.

I hope it drops by mid July

Offline chrisg

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
Hi Top Cat
I'm taking a guess that you know Yale significantly better than myself.  If you head along the North road past the Yale community centre you find that the public road stops at a bridge which I think is the Yale Creek River.  Further north the road is signposted private, however, annecdotally do you know what is further along the road?  Cheers Chris 

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:08 AM »
Chris

I know there is another gravel bar north of Yale in the area you are talking about. Our Rock & Gem club go there to look for agates and other rocks. I missed the trip last year, I do know they are not allowed to pan there.

Maybe I will run into you at Yale this summer , good luck  [<-panning->]

Offline chrisg

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »
On Sunday I had a look at Yale public panning area and it's accessible wth the water level down compared to a month ago.  The large rocks are not possible to reach with just the tops showing over the water, however, there are sufficient amounts of beach to have a wander about.  Early in the morning there was a gentleman metal detecting as apparently coins were dropped during the haydays of Yale.  Later I had the opportunity to chat to several other people., two experienced prospectors who knew what they were doing far more than my inexperienced dude ranch ability.  There was also a group with two family friends from Italy, they were having a great day out and found a couple of larger pieces of gold, okay tiny nuggets, in a safe environment.  Cheers Chris