collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspirit

Dot Guests: 123 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130236
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: *** CONTEST ***  (Read 6518 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
*** CONTEST ***
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »
CONTEST, CONTEST, CONTEST

Further to my earlier post regarding the sponsor of a contest with two copies of Mr. Bryant’s Best Seller book, “The Modern Goldseekers Manual” as the prizes, the contest is officially open as of midnight tonight (August 10, 2010).  This contest will end at midnight, August 31, 2010, and prizes will be awarded for member activity.  ‘Activity’ is to be construed as meaning active within postings, not simply leaving one’s connection to the Forum idly open.   Usernames used in generating posts is that which will be counted, but there must be substance to the post.  One-liners and menial comments will not be eligible for the count.

As further mentioned, do not permit the contest to delay your order and enjoyment of the book, for if you are a winner, you will be reimbursed the full cost paid for the book and its shipping.  A scanned copy of the Invoice is all which would be needed.

More and More Contests

Also stay tuned and active for a further Contest regarding Mr. Bryant’s book.  This will be a three month long contest and based on clues found only within The Modern Goldseekers Manual.  The prize will be ‘exceptionally nice’ - - and just in time for Christmas.  This contest will commence at midnight, September 15th, 2010.

All the more reason to pick up the book rather than wait.  For those not familiar with the book's price, I assure you it is most reasonable and affordable by all.  The prize will be announced when the contest is posted.

Order Now at Bedrock Supply (780) 434-2040

Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Vikingsniper

Re: *** CONTEST ***
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:36:06 PM »
Thank You Tom for sponsoring this forum contest  [-1st-]  8)

Offline TimHortonsAddict

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »
Is this by chance a members book? I'm pretty sure I remember reading that. I want to say GMS, but I'd hate to look like a moron. (See what I did there? Clever eh) ;) LOL

I'm gonna post my butt off :P
Life Would Be Much Easier If I Had The Source Code!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
Contest Guidelines Update

I can see that for me, the criteria I’d set for this Contest could literally prove a total nightmare, in trying to keep tabs on the number of posts each and every member is making.  So I am going to ask that all posting participants (every person making a post during this Contest period, who feels they may be in the running for one of the prizes) keeps track of the number of posts they’ve made.  And within the two-day period following the end of the contest (between midnight August 31st and midnight September 2nd), that they email me with their count.  This way, I would then need to only crosscheck a more limited number posts for ascertaining the winners.

Again, posts which count, are those appearing onsite between 0001 hours August 11th (1 second after midnight Aug 10th) and midnight August 31st.

Please keep in mind, that menial posts, such as the most basic form of idle chatter, will be exempt from the count.  Nonetheless, one-liners can also say a lot.  The primary objective of this Contest is, to generate the conveyance, query and discussion (with dialog) of topics and information useful to prospectors as a whole.

Excluded from the running, are Dave and I, of course.  And being as Tom himself (GMS), is the Author of such jewel, I think I am going to exclude his posts too.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation, folks.

Larry

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
Okay and I am not in the contest, haven't signed in and don't intend to. won one last christmas, so for all of you out there posting disregard my numbers/nuggets and posting, just being part of the forum.......have at it and get your posts in early... <-good_>..........Guest

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »

Doesn't matter whether you've won something before, or not, Greywolf.... 'tis open to all persons who post, except the named three.  And there's no signing in required, so to speak, it's based on all posts appearing within the many forum extentions here.  If you already have Tom's book, another would make a fine Christams gift for someone you know more personally.  So post away, everything counts and I see no reason why you should be excluded.

regards,

Offline TimHortonsAddict

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 01:52:12 AM »
Your contests are awesome Larry =)

This is actually encouraging me to want to post more & be a part of the forum.

I use to actually just kind of read everything and not leave a reply, or put in my two cents. I think I've been registered for nearly a year or so?!

I honestly enjoy being a part of this forum & the amount of information I'm taking in is great.
Life Would Be Much Easier If I Had The Source Code!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

The August 11th to August 31st Contest
for
‘The Modern Goldseekers Manual’
is over and we have some
WINNERS !!

In Brief Notation:
While I only advertised ‘two’ COPIES of Mr. Bryant’s book to be up for
grabs, unbeknown to all, and to add a little extra spice to the mix, my
intentions all along were to give out ‘four’ copies of such prize.

In order of posting positions,
The Grand Winners
are

Greywolf
Dwayne
TimHortonsAddict
PlacerPal

Congratulation to all - - well deserved !

Winners are kindly requested to forward your full mailing addresses to myself, and if any of you already have
Mr. Bryant’s book, please advise and a monetary reimbursement will be issued.

Thanks to all who posted.

UPCOMING CONTEST

A Little Reminder for ‘all’ members - - our September 15th to December 15th Contest for the wowwy-neat Microscope, will be based upon clues found only within The Modern Goldseekers Manual.  Aside from the Contest, the value this literary work of art delivers to the prospector, is unparalleled.  Yet, amazingly, the book’s price is so inexpensive, that it’s easily affordable to all.  So act swiftly and order your copy of The Modern Goldseekers Manual today.

Order Now at Bedrock Supply (780) 434-2040

The Microscope Contest will be open to members all around the globe.

honeyman76

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 11:40:12 AM »
Holy crow! I actually won! YEEEHAW! <-party-> <-party-> <-party-> <-party-> <-party-> {cool^sign}Thanks Larry! I don't have this book. It will be a good part of my reading wear!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »
Congrats, all !

Subject to an additive in criteria which I set down after assigning the contest, I'd asked that each contender send his or her count of their own posts..... this is now not needed, as Dave with all his computer wizzardry was so kind to help me out with the count.  All I need is full name and mailing addresses.

thanks to all....
Larry

Gear Pan
Gold Rat