collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

liquidsteel

Dot Guests: 166 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13020
  • stats Total Posts: 131083
  • stats Total Topics: 18334
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: * Hot Issues Affecting Stakeholders *  (Read 9636 times)

honeyman76

Re: * Hot Issues Affecting Stakeholders *
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
Eloquently put Bill  <-good_>

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »

The powers within the BC Ministry of Mines can largely ignore Larry because they know he's just ONE GUY ... they know that when Larry kicks the bucket, there is no Association with a Board-of-Directors in place to carry on his independent lobbying work, and that his hard-working-independent lobbying work will die along with him ..

Using FightHST as an example;

If Vander-Zalm had a heart-attack, a stroke, or simply decided to quit tomorrow ... FightHST would still continue too move forward with it's very important work, and all that very hard work already done by Vander-Zalm and it's members would not be lost/wasted, and the members of FightHST wouldn't have wasted their precious time.

There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
Bill, there is a Mining Assoc in the interior that has recently under went a complete change of executive, I think that they may be on the right track to being proactive in lobbying the province for the benefit of the small placer miners and prospectors, maybe look them up and join up with them, give them your support and let them do what needs to be done, do not expect results over nite, changing government direction and policies takes time, usually many months if not years, but you have to start some where.  The new president of this assoc, is a member of this forum, although generally he does say a lot, but he does read some of the issues and does give it a lot of thought, that said, the objective of the executive is not to answer each and ever members problems, it is to take a broader approach and try to influence government to make poilicies work for the overall benefit of the whole.....Guest

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
Bill, there is a Mining Assoc in the interior that has recently under went a complete change of executive,

Thanks for the info ... but which one is it?, as there's a couple or more groups loosely operating around the interior.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Guest

• New user
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 09:30:36 PM »
Look towards the biggest gold rush in BCs history, should get you there...........Guest

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »

On the latest synopsis, let's all pack it up here then, and go over there and join.  Thanks for the supportive suggestion!  And promotion.  I truly amaze at where loyalty lies, and how some miraculously appear out of thin air to man the front lines (or whoever's) when call cries out (or should I say, opportunity arises).  <-shock_>

This is sort of the melding of two threads, so my following reply, applies to both.

Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 12:45:09 AM »

The powers within the BC Ministry of Mines can largely ignore Larry because they know he's just ONE GUY ... they know that when Larry kicks the bucket, there is no Association with a Board-of-Directors in place to carry on his independent lobbying work, and that his hard-working-independent lobbying work will die along with him ... they know Larry is aging, and he's not some 20 or 30 year old sh*t-kicker who'll be around for decades... therefore, they know they can largely ignore Larry until he kicks the bucket.

Now... if Larry was to form a proper sh*t-kicking organization like FightHST.com (with members, volunteers, and a built-in continuation/legacy system - the dweebs at the Ministry of Mines would start being afraid to step foot in public if they don't treat the Miners right.... because, then they'd know they have very big targets painted on their backs with multiple organized shooters gunning for them (figuratively speaking of course - cough, cough)...

Do appreciate hearing your voice, Dean.  Though it’s obviously inadvertent of yourself, it appears you’ve summoned up more of a negative overtone than I think actually intended.  Seems, however, you’re the first straw-puller, and maybe the only, to gravely underestimate the power or sh--disturbing stamina of an old Gramps.  And while you’ve hit the nail dead on the head about power multiplies with voices, you’ve failed to offer your most ‘positive’ cookie, by not jumping onto that soapbox to voice out, “hey folks, can’t you hear him calling – he’s attempting to muster ‘your’ support – so get on board and set audibility to your voice so Gramps’ old ears can hear you.”

Possibly too, it would be advisable to play lightly on the premise old Gramps would either wither away or go senile before he could play party to making a mark.  And scorn not, even in a subtle way, that he hasn’t yet marched right out and sounded proclamation that he’s initiated a ‘one-man-organization’ for battling the powers on high.  Questions being - - #1, why go the effort if no one else is going to climb on board?  #2, why is it that all those who actually do have a stake in seeing the prospector fair out reasonably, would sooner sit on the couch with a beer in hand, rather than rise to the call through offering their thunderous support?  #3, can you even begin to fathom all which would be involved to place such an organization on the road?  #4, how is it such frail ears have failed to hear such words as, “hey Gramps, I’m in, now what can I do to help, or lessen your burden?”  and #5, what sort of a go-forward organization would it wind up being, when most everyone just leaves it up to the other guy, or, to some old, feeble and failing coot that’ll surely kick before inflicting anything meaningful against those who so blatantly enjoy face-walking?   

The Recipe ?  Then you tell me !  Seems I’ve heard an old saying, ‘action talks, and….. oh my failing mind, for what was that now..... which walks?

Signed truly yours,
Old and Over the Hill
        ha ha!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
I wonder, too, of those in vocal duet, what might it be that you yourself are prepared to get right down and do, for the CGPF movement?  Hark.... is that voices I now hear, or just swallows.  I'd much prefer the voices, actually.

Offline Guest

• New user
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 06:51:40 AM »
Not to take away from the forums collected thoughts and influence that might be generated and directed towards the government officials and bureaucrats as there has been some evidence that they have been taking note of some of the rumblings that are posted here.  There are mining associations that are scattered across the province, some are fairly proactive and some aren't really able to much more than arrange outing and social gathering. But anyways, there are a couple that do have seem to have been able to have caught the attention of the MEMPR and are able to have reasonably regular meetings/conferences with the local bureacrats and elected officials, during these meetings they have been trying to champion the issues that are effecting the small placer miners and prospectors, so my support is behind them as well as the forum as well...........Guest

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »
Hi Larry,

Your work is greatly appreciated by many ... and it's clearly evident from the work you've done over the past few months (compared to the other BC Placer Associations over he same time period) that you've done far more progressive lobbying by yourself than any of the other BC Placer Associations.

My only negative is; your selling your efforts short by not creating an umbrella organization that would significantly AMPLIFY and CARRY on your EFFORTS.

Also... on top of the lobbying efforts needed to keep the mining industry pricing system fair for the small guys ... there's also a huge need for efforts related to education... properly organized quality educational/industry info at the Ministry level would be a huge attractant for new blood & money that's currently sitting on the sidelines (like anything, a lack of quality/clear info creates indecisiveness - for example, if the BC Real Estate industry was as unorganized as the BC Placer industry, real estate deals would nearly grind to a halt due to a lack of clear info/guidelines) ... an educational lobbying effort is something an umbrella organization could much more easily tackle, but it's much harder; almost impossible for ONE person to do, especially when their hands are largely full.

And as far as the Gramps thing goes - look at Vander Zalm; he's in his 70's, and he's kick a** better than ever ... but he also has a TEAM of heavy-hitters behind him lurking in the shadows swinging alot of big bats.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat