GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: brotherjames - Wednesday, 22 October 2014 02:22
Thanks guys! I'm honoured to help. < > [!!DANCE!!] < >< >
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

October 22, 2014, 12:55:24 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Dirt Hogg Paydirt
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Weaver Creek in East kOOTS?  (Read 3551 times)
PapaCole
Trade Count: (0)

Canada Canada

Province/ State: British Columbia

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »

Hey all, I would like to know where this Weaver Creek is in the Columbia Valley. I have lived here all my life and I can't find it on any maps or Google Earth.
I grew up in Edgewater and I have been ALL over this area and never heard of it until I read about it in N.L. Barlee's Guide to gold panning. He makes reference to it along with Toby , Quartz Creek, Negro Creek(no offence given), Palmer Bar Creek, WildHorse and Perry Creeks, and for the life of me , I can't place that Weaver Creek in any of my travels. I will ask a few old timers that I know, but it may have had its name changed and they would not be able to recon its where-abouts. Anybody?Huh?? Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking

gumboots

Canada Canada

Province/ State: BC

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

My 30 day Activity
12%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55:34 PM »

I believe it is a tributary of Moyie Creek. Do a minfile search on weaver creek?

WEAVER CREEK  Mining Division Fort Steele
   BCGS Map 082F050
Status Past Producer   NTS Map 082F08E
Latitude 49 24' 20" N  UTM 11 (NAD 83)
Longitude 116 01' 24" W  Northing 5473000
   Easting 570854
Commodities Gold  Deposit Types C01 : Surficial placers
Tectonic Belt Omineca  Terrane Ancestral North America

Capsule Geology The location of the Weaver Creek placer gold occurrence is poorly known; it is arbitrarily plotted on Weaver Creek just above the Highway 3/95 crossing. It had recorded production of 23,605 grams of gold over the period 1874 to 1930 (Bulletin 28, page 34). The gold is assumed to be contained within Tertiary glaciofluvial gravel and clay deposits. Bedrock geology consists of Middle Proterozoic Aldridge Formation argillite and quartzite intruded by diorite of the Moyie intrusions (also part of the Middle Proterozoic Purcell Supergroup).

Bibliography EM GEOS MAP 1998-3
EMPR ASS RPT 24613
EMPR BULL *28, p. 34
GSC MAP 603A
GSC MEM 228
GSC OF 820; 2721

BC Prospector
PPT Invited

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »

Hi PapaCole, Weaver creek is up the Moyie river . Weaver creek was named after George Weaver who discovered the gold in it. Just take the Lumberton road off the hwy. and drive about 15 km. You'll see a large parking area on the left side of the road with snowmoble club signs. You can't miss it. George Weavers grave site is just 20 yards into the bush. Weaver creek is just over the bank from the parking lot. Palmer bar, Negro creek and Semlin creek are all up the Lumberton road. Just remember that at the 9 km. mark on Lumberton road the road forks. Stay to the left at the fork in the road which then starts as Moyie river road. Weaver creek is around the 6 km. mark on the Moyie river road. . George Weaver had found a fortune in gold on Weaver creek. He was also  found dead in his prospecting cabin by a native that was bringing him supplies from Fort Steele. He died September 26, 1873 from a broken leg. He had crawled  from his diggings leaving his tools where he was mining. His supplies were delivered every two weeks. . Rumor has it that if anyone finds Weavers tools you'll also find where George was finding his gold. I'm sure I found his tools last fall using my Minelab detector and also the rock that had broken his leg. Under the rock was a metal wedge that the old timers used to brake open  fractures in the rocks on bedrock. I also found two 6 1/2 foot  wrecking bars and a forged crevasing tool. These tools should be at the Fort Steele musium but how would one prove they belonged to George Weaver ? I did take pictures of the tools on site of where I found them. Only two feet of the bars were sticking out of the ground. They were there for a longtime. Even lichen was growing on the metal bars. A large tree root had grown over the rock where I found the metal wedge. It took me over an hour to dig out the metal wedge. Just shows, there's other treasures out there other than gold.  BC

PapaCole

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »

Thanks guys, I was thinking that it was up around Toby Creek area. I'm going to check it out on payday . Star Star Star

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Mining Advertising

Sandvik

Unique Hits: 33072563 Total Page Views: 48245161