collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 194 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12938
  • stats Total Posts: 129756
  • stats Total Topics: 18147
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: THE BEALE TREASURE  (Read 3489 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
THE BEALE TREASURE
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
For those of you not familiar with the Beale Treasure Tale, it relates to a treasure buried in the hills of Virginia during the early 1800ís, and of which the only clues to its location were articulated within a three-part cipher.  Personally, my first acquaintance with this tale stemmed from a library book which I read in the early 80ís, long before the dayís of personal computers being found in the average home.  Having photocopied the pages, off and on over the years Iíd periodically revisited the dilemma, to devote yet many more hours of pouring over possibilities, but like the many thousands whom Iím sure also tried, came up empty handed.  I did, however, through an altogether different consideration, feel I had an edge, but those gaps in between visits of trying to solve the puzzle, turned from months into years, which now brings us to todayís time frame.  I do recall a year or so ago that there had been a report the treasureís location had been found, and with a quick Google search minutes ago, it appears it may very well have.  Unless of course, this is but a smoke screen to discourage the continued efforts of the multitudes.  You may read about it here: BEALE CIPHER SOLVED   Beale's Vault Found!

HOWEVER - - - I am going to refer to the context of that tale as being the Beale Treasure No. One - - of which I now offer Beale Treasure No. Two.  The flip-side of the coin - - as for some reason I always seem to peak around the corners of things to see whatís on the other side.  Though Iím sure this version will not gain with the notoriety of the Beale Treasure No. One, maybe the Beale Treasure No. Two will garnish a bit of interest as it too, now rolls forward.

So - - what did we glean from No. One?  What little clues did you pick out?  Forget the ciphers, forget the iron pots, forget Virginia, and now lets focus on the hiding location of the Beale Treasure No. Two.  That being, the rich deposit area where Beale and his band of men effected the gold recovery, to begin with.

From that noted by Beale in his early writings, he and his men forged westward to hunt buffalo and grizzlies, wintering on the first occasion in Santa Fe.  A few of their numbers plodded northward for the buffalo, and following a great absence, were thought to have perished to some unknown demise.  Then a couple of them showed up proclaiming they had found gold, some 250 to 300 miles to the north.  According to the tale, of which I myself would preclude as the account thereof, rather than a fable, the rest of the men proceed to the location where all worked at recovering gold and silver for at least a few years.  Then they seemed to have disappeared clear off the map.  To this I would preclude, that quite likely they were all killed by Indians, as the west was still an untamed region during that era.

As the niceties of nowadays Google Earth shows, through simple measurement from Santa Fe northward into Colorado, in using I-70 as a central point, and being due west of Denver, their hot-spot gold region would most probably have been somewhere between 25 miles south of I-70 to 25 miles north.  To be on the safe side, being as horses absolutely do not have odometers on them, nor did back then, letís allow a deviance factor of another 50 milesÖ.. thus making it 225 to 325 miles north of Santa Fe - - while leaving I-70 as the likely central point for our measurements.

So what other clues do we have or can we garnish from the old writings?  For one, as stated, they were after the buffalo, so in all likelihood they were on the plains next to the mountains, unless of course the buffalo were known to penetrate into the valley systems.  Where too, might they have worked the creek/s and camped, while being undetected by Indians, else during those years, they would have surely perished long before they did.  One of the clues I picked up on right from the start, was from Bealeís account of what the treasure was comprised of - - which included gemstones, of which was purported to have been taken to sell in St Louis, during their first trip back to Virginia.  Now, this in itself tells me they were likely at least at the edge of the mountains range, and most probably into a mountainous area which was formed by the earlier stages of tectonic action.  Of this I would then preclude, their buffalo hunting for that leg of the expedition had already been completed and they had then headed at least somewhat into the hills for a bit of grizzly hunting.  And with winter coming on, likely not too greatly deep - - which on the map maybe falls in a north-south line, either north or south of Idaho Springs to Silver Plume.

Gold - -  - Silver - - - and, GEMS !!

Now which one of you are going to be the individual who sorts out the hiding place of the Beale Treasure No. Two ?   For the primitive recovery gear they had back in that day, coupled with no roads for access, no geo data at handís reach, no detectors, trommels or other such paraphernalia, bears no equivalency to the arsenal of equipment we now so lavishly employ.  Can that area be found ?  I believe so !

Or better yet, why not join forces with all other members in plotting and calculating and finding together ?
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.