GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: mygrain - Friday, 19 December 2014 04:53
talk to claimer 88 he knows all about that creek
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

December 20, 2014, 10:34:50 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Gold Hog
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sidewinder sluice  (Read 6664 times) Average Rating: 0
johanssonsan
PPT Invited
Trade Count: (0)

Sweden Sweden

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 6

Awards Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:05:45 AM »

New sluice. The Sidewinder.  Thinking unsure

New user

Canada Canada

Province/ State: B.C.

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Forum Sponsor Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:32 AM »

What the Hell I Don't Know Time out, thinking I'm missing something here..................interesting concept, reverses the idea of gold following the straigh path and concentrating at the inside curve where the water flow lessens, to actually have the water push the gold and concentrates to the outside of the curve and concentrate there, or did I seen the wrong thing in the video?Huh?.....................Guest
GollyMrScience
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 129

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 100 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who go above and beyond Awarded to members who have more than 50 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »

It appears that the concentration zones for the heaviest of the heavies is in the scour zone just on the downstream side of each projection. In the eddy. The outside bends show a steady scour with probably a concentration effect as well. It would be interesting to see how it handles larger feed. A one inch rock for instance. Having something like that go dragging through a carefully created concentration bed would be kinda messy. The design may accomodate that so will look forward to seeing more vids of it in action

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

juu907
PPT Invited

United States United States

Province/ State: alaska

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 15

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »

Thinking my thoughts exactly. i dont see that as a typical river or creek course. there is not really any inside of the bends but only simulated obstructions such as large rocks or trees along the bank and those will create back eddies and collection points wherever they are in the current. not only that i saw no show of color in the pan. dont believe i will mess around building one till i see more proof. but grey wolf needs another project unsure unsure   jerry
tomcat
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: British Columbia

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 2

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:01:03 PM »

Thinking Thinking Thinking  hummmm

I suppose Greywolf can make one of those from all of the Angel food cake pans he has been collecting.

I guess the new aluminum Blue Bowls will have to wait  Grin Laugh L-M-A-O Smiley

I am not sure about this thing ....I agree with you guys ...I have too many questions and more doubts. unsure No
Rikncrew

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »

The one problem I see with this new sluice is that there is way to much buildup of blondes.
With a straight line sluice you reduce the amounts of blondes(reason for sluicing).
With this sluice, all I see is the material added being built up in the bends.
Just thinking of having to pan out all that buildup makes my arms sore.
*Rikncrew*

New user

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Forum Sponsor Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »

It wouldn't be to hard to make for the demo sluice box, kind of wondering about a couple of things,

A) limited recover room/areas
B) meaning continual clean must be done
C) final clean, up how is this accomplished
D) transporting this into most sites would be clumbersum to say the least, as it doesn't appear to fold up
E) can't see it sorting the heavies all that well, but could be mistaken would like to see final cleanup and results

Will have to try making demo model to see how/if/ it works and how well recovery/amount production/different size material feeds and flows

don't have time right this moment but will keep it in mind .............Guest
cloudwalker

Province/ State: tn

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 06:35:33 AM »

A similar set-up for test purposes might be made by kinking up a poop tube sluice.  The corrugations are already made to bend.  I'll have to try it and see what happens.
sidewinder

Province/ State: Colorado

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 07:08:13 AM »

Wave
Hello Everyone
It looks like a few of you have gotten curious about the new (patent pending), sidewinder sluice.
The design is meant to provide constant liquid & solid stratification....(similar to gold panning). The material is controled in a spiral vortex and then there is a continuous wave lapping as the velocity changes with each new load of solids introduced......This causes a layering effect on the floor of the box, within the curves. Gold, Mercury, lead, garnets, magnetite, etc, are caught within a circular pattern, directly on the floor, in layers. The blond sands that are being noticed, will always be on top...........(just like gold panning).
We have filed international patent application for every possible cross pattern in liquid that creates vertical vortex or spiral motion within a chute or channel or box of any size.
Conventional sluices are limited by their ability to continuously trap new, small gold flakes, once the riffles load up with heavy material. Constant cleaning would be required to allow the capture of the small gold.
It takes a lot of time to clean up conventional sluice boxes, and valuable productive time is lost.
The Sidewinder has unlimited capture capability because of it's layering capability. When black sands are showing up along the inner edge of the upper bends, it is very simple to extract the quality material while productivity continues.....Please go to this page and watch all of the videos for a better understanding:
      YouTube
            - swsluice's Channel

Thank You                                                                                        ED

GollyMrScience
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 129

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 100 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who go above and beyond Awarded to members who have more than 50 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 08:16:32 AM »

You might find your patent application starts to butt heads with several pre-existing designs and technologies that would restrict or prohibit a blanket patent on the operating principle but you should be clear sailing on your unique application of the principle. On the international side be sure to do searches for Russian technology (inventive bunch those Russians  Grin especially back in the day when they had all sorts of inventive folks who essentially worked for the state and there was no profit motive or bottom line to watch for)
Great to see inventive design - looking forward to seeing a Sidewinder in person some day.

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: