collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 202 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131021
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: 20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........  (Read 73969 times)

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
The "90% ratio of government debt to GDP is a tipping point in economic growth." For 800 years "you increase it over and beyond a high threshold, and boom!"......

Debt time bomb - Paul B. Farrell - MarketWatch
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Bill_Carson

Re: 20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »
Greek debt cut to "junk status" by rating agency Standard & Poor's ....

BBC World Service - News - Greek bonds 'junk' rating
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »
Gold Surges On Spain Debt Downgrade ...

Gold Surges On Spain Debt Downgrade | zero hedge

Offline Bill_Carson

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Naches Washington
  • Kudos: 10
  • The thinker.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »
Going of the gold standard was the beginning of this end. There is nothing to keep the rich honest. Just because they have everything it dues not mean they do not want. More, or all. Now they can have it, if there pocket is deep enough.
Every one has played monopoly. How dues it always end?
Gold kept this from ever being a possibility. Kept it real.
It is one thing for a individual to play with debt. But when a industry or country thinks it can servive the turbulent future of this world. Broke? It becomes insolvent at a level that brings everything around it down. So must be bailed out.
I see it as if we were and are being held hostage by the banking system. We can't make them afford there own mistakes. Witch they could. Or just let them fail. Never good throwing good money after bad. But governments do not see there own end. Just as long as there sovereign rights are left intact. What dues it mater hew owns the land and the resources. Hew has say what gets logged. Or mined. Until nothing is left.
Gold kept this from happening.
Kept countries debts to a size they could afford. Not what they could get. In a world of limitless stuff. Being sold by a industry that needed to give countries that had little money or resources a way to afford the technological age. And then pay the debt, buying and selling the wares of that industry. This was the promise. To bad no one could see they mite want more. Pushing the debts to the point of collapse, Knowing they could because we can't just let them fail.
When no one could afford there debts. The world will be forced to seek a one world currency. A one world government. Or go into a unstoppable depression. That ends in chaos and anarchy.   
Just my take on it.
Chuck. 

Give self, to gain wisdom,

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:11 AM »
Hey Bill, good to hear from you again.

SO------- what do you think will end up happening (specifically) and what can you, me and the members of this forum do to protect ourselves or maybe lessen the coming impact?  What will collapse first, followed by ?????  <~ShOcK~> <~ShOcK~>...Wil

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »
Hi Wil,

With the recent rate of money printing, and the future projected rates of various govt. debts ... the stable future for certain paper currencies looks uncertain... I've got to get ready for a meeting in 15 min's ... but I'll be touching on this topic more in the future.

More on the Greek debt: N. Roubini: A Greek default is "UNAVOIDABLE"...

YouTube
            - NYU's Roubini Says Greece Wasn't Ready to Join EU

Offline PlacerPal

• Kudos: 36
    • Discover the Difference
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »
Wil,

From the Canadian Press today, a news item from Mark Carney, Bank of Canada
Governor.

Greek crisis 'serious,' could imperil Canadian economy, says BoC's Carney 

By The Canadian Press
ADVERTISEMENT

OTTAWA - The Greek crisis has the potential to derail the global recovery and hurt Canada's economy,
Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney says.

The central bank governor called the sovereign debt crisis in Greece and other southern European
countries a "serious situation" for both the world and Canada.

Testifying before the Senate banking committee Thursday, Carney says Greece's problems could spill over
and cause a slowdown in the global economy as markets demand governments rein in their deficits.

In Canada, that would result in higher interest rates.

A global slowdown would also cut demand for many of Canada's resources exports to Europe and
other parts of the world.

"The net result of this would be negative for growth in Canada," he said.

We have for some time been advising our children who have variable rate mortgages to lock in
and get out of any high risk investments, but you know the kids - who knows if they listen. 

With $120 billion in debt and Angela Merkel of Germany holding up the EU rescue of the
Greek economy while she may be waiting to see if some other country or the IMF will rescue
Greece, I expect Greece to fail and the gov with it. Shocking CBC news items that 80% of
Greeks never pay any taxes of any kind. Then next comes Portugal, Spain and Ireland all
with incredible debt, but none with the debt load the USA has. China, japan, some Arab
nations keep the USA afloat by buying up the USA 30 year bonds. If those countries stop
buying those bonds and beginning to dump them, then our problems are a lot worse than
the Greece, Portugal, Spain, Ireland debt problems. The USA debt load is estimated to be
about $17 Trillion dollars or almost the whole economic output in the world.
The EU members know the debt situations and may be waiting for the other shoe to drop?

:)

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »
Dr. Marc Faber on the Sovgrn. Debt dilemma (from 4 months ago - before the current Greek debacle developed) ...

YouTube
            - Dr. Marc Faber: PIIGS are going to be Slaughtered; January 13, 2010

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
I'm thinking interest rates start to climb, followed by massive mortgage and credit card defaults, then demand destruction for energy and raw materials (including my stocks) and then, all of a sudden, everything just "locks up" like it almost did 2 years ago-no inter-bank lending or bank lending of any kind, no more government bail-outs or stimuli  this time because they can't raise/borow any more $$ and then it's all downhill. Total collapse?
If you were Angella would you lend your hard earned monies to a country that lives so high, doesn't tax and gives in to almost everyone in the country so it can get re-elected?  Man, what a mess! 
Comments, or am I simply "out to lunch".  ...Wil

Gear Pan