collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

liquidsteelmike(swWash)chekaracanada

Dot Guests: 265 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131010
  • stats Total Topics: 18326
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: 20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........  (Read 73962 times)

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 1
Re: 20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »
Five-Oh said:
Bill.. The time you spend finding these commentaries by notables is valued...

Same here Bill-thanks.
IMO-your  posts are more credible  than those of  CNBC and BNN.
Keep up the good work...Wil

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »

Just like yesterday, I feel very much in ‘dah’ today.

Call me dense by whatever definition, but there’s something that no matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to figure out.  In trying to tackle this great debt dilemma, I brave to label the populous as the ‘Haves” and the ‘Have Nots.’

We’ve got the blue-collar and the white-collar, and I know for certain it’s not the blue-collar that’s amassed these big debts…. for we’s the working element, and are those who’s life-blood keeps getting drained to the very last drop by Mr. White-Collar dudes, who just happens to be the bigger benefactors of the product of our sweat.  Yet, it is they who fancies up with diamond-studded tiepins as they sit around in boardrooms to plot and scheme how they’re going to leech even more from us for their Cayman accounts.  While we sit in bewilderment.  Okay, so we know the ‘Haves’ are banking their booty (spoils) while weeping out, sorry, but you’re just going to have to pick up the tab, Pete, George, Harry and Mary.  And like good little soldiers we refrain from even thinking about levying a ‘na as our masters keep driving us further and further into the ground.

Now, back to my dilemma.  Apparently ‘Mr. Have,’ who has borrowed money, just like all his other close cousins, and as noted, they keep passing the buck (debt thereof) over to we.  Look about, no matter where on the chain, from local businesses to municipal administration, from provincial and state seats of business to even countries, they are all moaning about heavy debt burdens, of which the dollars they steal from our pockets can’t even begin cover the interest payments, let alone the principal.  Well, seems to me I smell something very fishy, here. For my big question is - - “to who exactly is it that all this debt is owed?”  According to the White Collars, somebody somewhere owns us lock, stock and barrel.  But - - Who?

I now realize I might even have a second question, or a third or a fourth - - what if we, the ‘Have Nots’ just quit paying for all this White-Collar extravaganza and let all the ‘Haves’ go into default, while we simply bury our then new-found-riches in a tin can in the backyard, safe away from their grubby feelers?  I smell a brainwashing plot going on, here.  Is every person, every country, every everything going to then just shrivel up and blow away?  Or might the scene be that whosoever this grandeur financier might be, is then planning a stake-burning party for all our Cayman Account friends in high places?   Yippi ki ya…. mommy, oh mommy please, I wanna go !
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 12:47:02 PM »

Well, seems to me I smell something very fishy, here

One of the big parts of the problem is; interest rates have been kept artificially extra-low since approx. 2005/2006 ... that's allowed an extra large massive build-up in global debt ... low interest rates mask alot of problems (some Economist's call/refer to artificially low interest rates as: "kicking the can down the road")... low interest rates also allow consumers and politicians to keep overspending...  but artificially low interest rates just compounds future problems. There's a huge pyramid/web of interests who like extra-low interest rates, but some of those near the top of the pyramid include ...

There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »
interest rates have been kept artificially extra-low

Lets not forget those low interest rates also led to the mortgage crises 2 years ago and another round of defaults is coming again, real soon.
Those big  banks who knowingly bundled up all of that pathetic property debt, made billions and then quickly unloaded it on unsupecting governments, pension plans and foreign banks around the world, who trusted them,  should either be made to pay everybody back or be put in jail, plain and simple!  Don't hold your breath-it aint goin to happen and I'll just bet you can guess why not...Wil

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 08:47:01 AM »
Legendary Investor Is More Worried Than Ever ...

MAY 22, 2010 --  Seth Klarman is worth listening to... his three private partnerships have returned an annual average of around 19% since inception in 1983—and nearly 17% annually over the past decade.... to measure Mr. Klarman's importance as an investor, you need only see the value his rivals place upon his words. You could have earned at least a 20% average annual return since 1991—better than twice the performance of the market—merely by buying and holding Mr. Klarman's book, "Margin of Safety": Published that year at a cover price of $25, hard copies now fetch up to $2,400.

But the professorial Mr. Klarman speaks in public about as often as the Himalayan yeti. He made an exception last Tuesday, when I interviewed him in front of a standing-room-only crowd of 1,600 financial analysts ... some members of the audience gasped audibly when Mr. Klarman said, "The government is now in the business of giving bad advice." Later, he got more specific: "By holding interest rates at zero, the government is basically tricking the population into going long on just about every kind of security except cash, at the price of almost certainly not getting an adequate return for the risks they are running. People can't stand earning 0% on their money, so the government is forcing everyone in the investing public to speculate." ... cont ...

The Intelligent Investor: You Should Be Worried - WSJ.com ...
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
My question, remains - - Who exactly is it, that’s holding the grand ‘marker’ for all this debt?

Does anybody have a logical answer to this?

For whoever it is, or whatever all this is sanctioned under, is surely the business model to follow.  Or is it, nothing short of the grandeur deception of all time by those fabricating circumstance to gain a greater control?  Hmmm, another interesting question, indeed !  <-waiting->

Saving and excepting the so called ‘speculator,’ as for these analysts or so called predictors, I’ve never held one bit of fancy for them at all, as I strongly feel they’re little else than inside financial hit-men, who come out of the woodwork with all their prophesizing on behalf of whoever it is that’s being preached about, and whom of which stands to gain the most in their preconditioning of the public into a gradual acceptance of getting shafted.

Just like Monsieur jumping into the limelight on the tube, predicting that a gasoline price increase from the current $1.04 a litre to $2.00 a litre, is likely to occur by September.  And this dude’s face keeps reappearing in the news week after week, softening the public’s resistance until September rolls around and, Whammo, the $2.00 factor which has now become the silently accepted has jumped to $2.40 a litre, thus causing an explosion of protest. Yet, the fact remains, the oil companies and their silent partner-in-crime, our good old governmental-joint-benefactor, knows only too well, that we the driving public are not going to stay at home no more than we did before.  So the $2.40 runs its gauntlet until organized protests become too great, and seemingly like a big favor to us, the price at the pump is then rolled back to the $2.07 per litre tag.  Physcologically, we then feel so humbly grateful that we most willingly satisfy to dishing out the (originally targeted) $2.00 price tag, plus that seven cents more. Three to six months later, we start hearing about how this poor oil baron needs a new jet so the gas price once again starts inching upward - - a smidget at a time ($2.12 then $2.13), as we become more and more accepting of each new fluctuation, and penny by penny we thrust even more billions monthly into the pockets of these Oil Lords.  For those oblivious to the underlying mechanism of all this, I’ve got news for you, at any given time there are so many glutton hands riffling through our wallets that it would shock the dead clear out of their graves.

So - - where and when might it all stop? - - nowhere and never !!  Unless, of course, we the general public lower the hammer on all this nightmarish manipulation and stand up to do something about it.  I don’t mean simply boycotting a business or a company, I mean total abstinence from buying their product altogether, so that, one company at a time, literally folds - - never more to regain their losses and never more to open a new door.  One after one, weed the patch, until the remaining few then gets the picture and decides to play ball.  For certain, one of them will jump on the bandwagon to treat the hand that feeds them in a more humanely fashion.

Who do we have to blame for all this?   It’s surely not the back-stabbing money-hungry glutton trying to get filthy rich from our sweat and blood, for the answer is, it’s Ourselves - - for letting it happen to begin with.  And until such time we the people ‘take back’ that which we are day-by-day getting raped of, this whole vicious scenario is just going to keep right on churning.

Another instrument of all this (against us) mechanism, is the media, their greatest saber of all.  For without it, the lustful-money-hungry rapists would then have no preconditioning source through which to soften our ever fragile minds.  I dare say, unplug our TV’s and radios, cancel our newspaper subscriptions, and satisfy to a bit more subtle lifestyle, and we just might have a few nickels left over to open one of those long-forgotten about things called a Savings account.  And in that I surely don’t mean within the rip-off banking institutions who thrive off your hard earned dollars, but rather pop those coins in that tin can in the backyard, where they are safe from financial institution manipulations and the grip of our ever-starved governments.  Your control over your own destiny.  Sadly, we now look at it, as, getting something for nothing - - well, truth of the matter is, nothing worth having ever came about that way.

Yeah, I guess all this is talking about how to fix your own monetary investing world - - it’s easy - - just say NO to following the swift talking market analysts !  Quit playing the markets and making others filthy rich while you wind up the loser - - put any spare change into a sound investment at your local level.  Or better yet, keep the coinage tucked safely away.  When it’s time to one day use it, at least you’re not going to get taxed again on the same money you already paid tax on, to get. 

So much for my two-cent investment tip regarding the pilfering arts of others, thank you for indulging, and please now excuse me, for I think I have to go barf.

Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »
My question, remains - - Who exactly is it, that’s holding the grand ‘marker’ for all this debt?

There is number of entities clustered around the top of the debt pyramid ... the upper echelon of the debt pyramid is the bond market ( The Bond market - Wikipedia Encyclopedia ) ... the Greek debt crisis primarily involves the refinancing of their bonds...  these 2 video's do a fairly good job of peeling back the layers of the onion and explaining the bond market -  the first video is basically an intro to the empire of debt, then the 2nd video covers the bond market ...

YouTube
            - Renaissance 2.0: Lesson 1 - Revisiting American History - Financial Empire

YouTube
            - Renaissance 2.0: Lesson 2 - Revisiting Economics 101 - Debt

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
The Only Currency That Can't Be Printed On A Whim ...

2010-05-24 --  ...... Today, however, gold has reverted to its historical role as the global currency of the last resort. You no longer buy it because you think the Chinese and Russians are likely to up their consumption of gold-plated mobile phones. You buy it because you think there is a chance that governments, caught in a debt trap from which there is no honourable escape, will eventually think they have no choice but to print their way out of it. And the risk of hyperinflation is a transformational event for gold -- it being the only global currency that can't be printed on the whim of a central bank.... cont ...

The only currency that can't be printed on a whim | Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:12 AM »
Larry:  To cover their debt the U.S. government has issued bonds which, we're being told, is held mostly by the BRIC countries and individuals in foreign countries where the economies are failing and there is a flight of capital to the U.S. for safety (????) That's the short (pardon the pun)  answer but the consequences of these actions is where everything gets interesting.  For example we're told China is unloading their U.S. debt for U.S. property as they fear devaluation of the greenback and the bonds they are holding will become less valuable as the U.S. dollar deflates and China, in turn, won't let their currency value (Yuan) rise to it's proper valuation. They like the balance of trade right where it is. China's  supposedly also buying gold, systematically.  Will the U.S. dollar fall in value? Will there be a trade war or embargos?
Further consequenses of the above example will no doubt get even more confusing as we experience further mortgage failures and unemplyment in the U.S. and then around the world, which will then lead to demand destruction and things like $40/barrel oil again.
It's all paper-currencies, treasury bills and government bonds.  It'll  take experts smarter than us to figure out where it's all going to end. Maybe they don't know either. ^#!
...Wil

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »
Chinese investors spooked from recent shocks in currency/stocks/real estate turn their attention towards the safety of Gold ...

YouTube
            - Chinese dumping worthless currency for gold (17May10)

Gear Pan