collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

fishboy3@telus.netHardpan82

Dot Guests: 200 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13049
  • stats Total Posts: 131599
  • stats Total Topics: 18398
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: 20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........  (Read 74866 times)

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Re: 20 Reasons Global Debt Time Bomb Explodes Soon........
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
The global debt time bomb has now begun to detonate in South America; Police and Fire-Fighters in Ecuador stage a massive protest over Govt. cuts to the police and public safety budgets ...

YouTube
        - Police Riot In The Streets Of Ecuador

YouTube
        - Ecuador Unrest  President Rafael Correa Attacked In Unrest In Capital Quito Over Potential Cuts

There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

Here's another important video from Faber (from back in Feb 2010)... what's important to note in this video is;

(1.) The US faces bankruptcy within approx. 10 years ... and just so you know; when a country goes bankrupt, it does not file a regulatory bankruptcy filing, what happens is: the currency collapses in purchasing power ... if the US goes bankrupt as Faber says is likely, that'd mean the purchasing power of the US Dollar would be reduced substantially, translating to a Gold price of aprox. $5,000 or more.

(2.) He predicts the EU debt defaults 3 months before the first debt bombs started exploding in Greece.

YouTube
        - Marc Faber: US govt will go bankrupt

Highly respected Wall Street analyst Meredith Whitney says the US Federal Govt. will face pressure to start bailing out US states in approx. 12 months ...

Whitney Says States May Need Federal Bailout in Next 12 Months - Bloomberg ...        

Oct 1/10 -- Meredith Whitney may be proven right that the municipal bankruptcies are about to make a full frontal appearance. Harrisburg has just requested a last minute rescue financing from the state Pennsylvania, as the alternative would be insolvency...

Harrisburg Requests Last-Ditch Rescue Financing From State ...

BTW - Harrisburg isn't some back-water town tucked away in the swamps of the deep south - it's the state capital of Pennsylvania.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »

Large macro financial trends generally tend to happen in very slow motion, and thus are very difficult to spot/understand ... this earlier video I posted from Dr. Marc Faber provides one of the better explanations as to whats been happening, and whats going to happen, it may not be the easiest info to understand, but he does a pretty good job of putting it into laymans terms; it's an hour long presentation but it's well worth viewing - if you had to buy a ticket to this 1 hr. presentation, you'd be looking at about a $1,000 per ticket ...

YouTube
        - Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, When is the Next AIG to Fall? | Marc Faber

Notice how the debt explodes after the US went off the Gold standard in 1970's ...

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
Bill,
I don' mind someone quoting me, but I really hate to be misquoted............................Guest

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »
Bill,
I don' mind someone quoting me, but I really hate to be misquoted............................Guest

Oppps ... I was just taking out some of the quotes, as after a while, it gets hard to follow... I ended up deleting the wrong one... should be fixed now.

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »
Bill:
Notice how the debt explodes after the US went off the Gold standard in 1970's ...
At the risk of being a "nitpicker" wasn't it 1935?
Anyway, Faber and Whitney are both very smart people-I'd take them seriously.
...Wil

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »
Bill:
At the risk of being a "nitpicker" wasn't it 1935?
Anyway, Faber and Whitney are both very smart people-I'd take them seriously.
...Wil

Only temporarily, as the US was printing too much money for the war... they went back on a Gold Standard in 1944 via the Bretton Woods Agreement... then they went off the Gold Standard again in the early 1970's because they were printing too much money for war... if your internet connection is working better you might want to check out this video ...

YouTube
        - Crash Course: Chapter 10 - Inflation by Chris Martenson

honeyman76

« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2010, 10:30:24 AM »
Lets suppose that tomorrow, the US dollar crashes. Can you imagine the call for gold in payment of work, rather then paper money??? The price of gold would jump through the roof with an ounce being worth probably 10 times what it is today!

honeyman76

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »
Here is another video. not sure, but it looks like the guy is dubbed??

YouTube
        - The Dollar is now collapsing - Peter Schiff | Part 1

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2010, 12:11:51 PM »
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 -- Yesterday, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke delivered a speech  before the the Annual Meeting of the Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council in Providence, Rhode Island. In the speech, he warned about the current state of the government finances. His conclusion, the situation is dire and "unsustainable"...

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Bernanke: The United States is on the Brink of Financial Disaster ...

Gear Pan