collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

SouthShoreGold

Dot Guests: 113 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12045
  • stats Total Posts: 118605
  • stats Total Topics: 16212
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

Author Topic: WORLD GOLD DEPOSIT MAPS  (Read 49795 times)

VikingSniper

WORLD GOLD DEPOSIT MAPS
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:23:14 PM »
World gold deposit maps

{[update}] Maps are back  :)

Offline mebeggs

• Kudos: 0
Re: World gold deposit maps
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »
Help me out here.  :o  I don't know off the top of my head when these era's were, but I understand that the maps show where gold was deposited during each timeframe.  Can someone explain what this means to me as a weekend prospector?  I'm guessing maybe it helps (if you know your geology) where in the layers of rock to look, in a given region? 
(Do they have a 'Geology for Dummies' book?  Or, since books put me to sleep, maybe on DVD? j/k) ;D

VikingSniper

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »
I'am still learning what some of this stuff means,I just posted it and hope that it might be useful to the VETS on
the forum,I got a big geology book and I only understand about 1/4 of it,learning Geo A-Z takes a long time :)

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Kudos: 7
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 06:43:46 AM »
I think its referring to the differant times of glaciation in the world.It effects how the pay dirt is distribuated.By looking at the type of glacial activity in the area your searching for gold.It will help give you a idea on how much overburden,distance from source and the how far the deposists were scattered.Were they layed out in a pay streak that you can easily follow?I do beleave conditions in the yukon are much differant than that of like the purcell mountains.I have studied the glacial effects of the moyie valley in a geology report I found.These helped me determine if it was worth looking for pay gravel,how much overburden to expect,how these deposists were layed down in the first glacial period,then how they were distrubated with the next glacial period.Im just learning all this too but there is some good articles on the subject if you search the net.

I think with geology you want to study the way the mountain faults travell.I have heard talk about north west facing fault lines or something to that degree.I know theres a old saying about not fiding gold east of the rockies or something like that.

Offline junior967

• Kudos: 0
Re: WORLD GOLD DEPOSIT MAPS
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
The maps are actually backwards in the timeline. They go from current to past in the order they are in. I wont go into HUGE detail but the maps are showing movement of the rock due to tectonic activity during those eras in time of the planet. During each period of time the movement of the continents to their current location and placement on the planet was going on.

Paleozoic era ( 542 - 251 million years ago ) the land masses were broken up from a supper continent into smaller land masses then by the end of the era they had connected again.

Mesozoic era ( 251 - 65 million years ago ) the super continent splits into a northern and southern half. Then by the end of the era the land masses split into what is now the diferrent continents that we know today. Northern becoming North America and Euroasia and the Southern becoming South America, Africa, Australia, Antarctica, and Indian subcontinent which is what collided with the Asian plate during the Cenozoic (the next period), the impact giving rise to the Himalayas.

Cenozoic era ( 65 million - present ) is mainly the final positioning of the continents. Not much happened in terms of tectonic movement but it is what we have today.

This is of course the belief of the scholars and historians. You take it for what you will.

VikingSniper

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
I just posted them in a random order and you just look for the map and timeline you want.

james brown

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 02:43:04 AM »
from these maps I would think that there must be larger gold in NW Ontario, as well most of Nova Scotia... can anyone in these areas say anything more on this?

Offline ebuyc

• Weekend Prospector
  • PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Spokane Valley, WA ; USA
  • Kudos: 52
  • 12 yrs of union-demolition, show me the bedrock!
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »
Those are so cool maps!! I think I will put them in a local webpage with some javascript to flip between pictures in two side by side stacks for easy comparison...

A splash of color would be nice too on these pics, maybe I will touch them up some...

Yep thanks for posting, I really like these pictures. And thanks Mr. Brown for finding this old thread!!

Did someone say       

james brown

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 06:53:35 AM »
your most welcome... Look forward to seeing this in color ebuyc... I just love mining this site for all the info one can absorb :)

Offline Former Guest

• New user
  • Kudos: 23
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 07:29:41 PM »
Yes please send a copy my way looked at them and was interested in them i understand them as have few old ones myself. Thanks for posting and will wait for tuch ups ebuyc puts to them. He will do a freat job with them. I would like a copy of the final touch you add to them cheers Ray