GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: sinister_steve - Monday, 01 September 2014 04:32
so anyone in kamloops that can e mail me that has a claim that's worth panning. I will pay if needed. I am tired of flakes I dont want up tranquil cr and watching cr. been to both many many times in the past 15yrs and never find anything worth keeping just small flakes.< >plesse e mail me< >hod333@hotmail.com< >thanks< >steve Panning
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

September 01, 2014, 04:25:37 PM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Mining Equipment
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: thio leach on goldmineworld.net  (Read 4444 times)
larz_d567
Trade Count: (0)

United States United States

Province/ State: montana

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: January 31, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »

hey guys, i was curious if anyone has tried the thiosulfate leach that is advertised on goldmineworld it says that the leach is less toxic and easier on the environment than cyanide or acid. also says than the same leach can be used several times. has anyone used this stuff? is it somthing someone can make on their own? sounds almost to good, but who knows...

thanks for any information,
-larry in mt

PlacerPal

Canada Canada

Province/ State: B.C.

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 34

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who report forum related errors Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »

The Thio leach needs some copper to form the complex that leaches the gold.
The copper management is always an issue. The supplier must have figured that
one out so no management is needed.

Thio leach could be the better leach and it is relatively non-toxic and easy to dispose of.
Let us know how it goes if you use it.

Thanks,

Smiley
GollyMrScience
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 129

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 100 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who go above and beyond Awarded to members who have more than 50 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »

There was a real flurry of experimentation with the thiosulfate, thiourea and urea leaches quite a few years ago.
Jim Humble from Action Mining worked hard to bring them into more wide spread usage. They had their own set of challenges and offer some advantages but never really caught on to the wider audience. They are more suited for leaching concentrates than going after raw lowgrade ores though there was some progress made towards bulk leaching - mostly tank or pit leaching. As Pal mentioned there are a couple of subtle controls that can help or hinder and they are much easier to control when dealing with small volumes of high grade material.
Charles Butler and his brother Jim put out a manual on nitrate leaching along the same lines. I think you can get manuals written by both Jim Humble (CLS Manual) and Charles Butler (Nitrate leaching) from Action Mining and they also sell small scale leach systems as well. Last time I checked it was a five gallon size but good for lab scale tests or handling high grade cons. With the success of their Micron Mill Wave Tables much of the need for leaching fine free gold went away so I think their market and reliance on leaches has changed significantly for those handling large volumes of super fine free gold.

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

larz_d567

United States United States

Province/ State: montana

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »

cool thanks mrscience ill check out action mining and see what i see

Pages: [1]   Go Up